2023 Chick-fil-A Kickoff vs. Louisville

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Whenever this contract was originally signed with MBS/Chick Fil A we all knew what it entailed.

2021 and 2023 was always going to be us vs an ACC opponent (not Clemson). The butthurt now is just a repeat of what was said two years ago.

So why then give a blue blood the advantage of playing in ATL so they can recruit?
Because where we currently are and based on where we want to go, we need Games that are gonna "move the meter" and get us noticed in our own backyard, "The 404"

UGA plays, Florida, Auburn, Tenn, South Carolina plus upcoming H & H with Clemson, us playing friggin' Louie-ville in MBS doesn't make Top100 Recruits in-State to take notice of GT FB

We have to go out of our way to ante up extra for the buy-in, this is the result of 11 yrs of opening our Seasons with Alcorn St, Gardner-Webb, W Carolina, Elon etc

We have to go the extra mile to make GT FB a can't miss event in Metro Atlanta

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Because where we currently are and based on where we want to go, we need Games that are gonna "move the meter" and get us noticed in our own backyard

I'd worry more about winning the games we currently have scheduled now before I loaded the future schedule with additional factories.

But hey, losing against $EC teams must be great for anyone. Seems to be doing Vandy, Arkansas, etc wonders...

I'd worry more about winning the games we currently have scheduled now before I loaded the future schedule with additional factories.

But hey, losing against $EC teams must be great for anyone. Seems to be doing Vandy, Arkansas, etc wonders...
You sound like the previous Guy, a HC that actually talked about playing "winnable Games OoC"

Then "Kansas St", MTSU, and BYU happened

I actually have faith that CGC will vault us past those SEC perennial also-rans rather quickly

It'd be nice if our own Fans would give this HC the same "blind faith" that we gave the previous Guy

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
You sound like the previous Guy, a HC that actually talked about playing "winnable Games OoC"

Then "Kansas St", MTSU, and BYU happened

I actually have faith that CGC will vault us past those SEC perennial also-rans rather quickly

It'd be nice if our own Fans would give this HC the same "blind faith" that we gave the previous Guy

I didn't give the previous "guy" blind faith and I'm certainly not giving CGC blind faith. I will, however, give him the benefit of the doubt.

As to your other point, winning games draws more eyes than bad losses to "quality" opponents. No need to schedule FCS 2x a year, but there's also no need to add unwinnable games to a schedule already heavy with P5 factories either. At least, not yet. When CGC gets his guys in and shows us he can win with them I'm all for adding heft to the schedule, but we aren't there yet. We need to get a team together that can win in the ACC before we worry about winning outside of it.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Because where we currently are and based on where we want to go, we need Games that are gonna "move the meter" and get us noticed in our own backyard, "The 404"

UGA plays, Florida, Auburn, Tenn, South Carolina plus upcoming H & H with Clemson, us playing friggin' Louie-ville in MBS doesn't make Top100 Recruits in-State to take notice of GT FB

We have to go out of our way to ante up extra for the buy-in, this is the result of 11 yrs of opening our Seasons with Alcorn St, Gardner-Webb, W Carolina, Elon etc

We have to go the extra mile to make GT FB a can't miss event in Metro Atlanta
If I had a nickel for every person who said that we needed to make GT Football a can’t miss for Atlanta and pull in the sidewalk fans.....

Hell GA State could say the same thing. It just isn’t going to happen. You want to make a GT game can’t miss, get a bunch of double digit win seasons. Outside of Heisman, only one other coach has had more than one of those... Right now 6 wins would be a big forward movement.

Got to be realistic.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Horrible choice

I would hope Stokan & the CFA Folks would bring in a Michigan, Ohio State, ND (not sure if they are already scheduled) Stanford, USC (the real one), Oregon, Auburn, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, Wisconsin, Texas A&M, even Penn State, an Inter-Sectional opponent that Nat'l TV will want to get behind, or a bigger name from within the same Region , but not a Louisville

My preferences in order:
Alabama
Oklahoma
Ohio State
Michigan
USC
Oregon
Texas A&M

GT vs The Ville screams Thurs Night ESPN Game rather than Kickoff Classic

ADTS should have told Stokan get us the biggest name Program you can, seems like every time GT gets a chance "move the meter" we fail or we let others put us in a position to not get the biggest bang for our buck

Seems like "GT is always gonna Ga Tech", does everyone in our Athl Dept not understand the concept of Marketing?
This will not be a typical CFA Kickoff where each team gets the same money. This will be a Tech home game with Tech getting about $7M.