2023-2024 ROSTER???

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
if he doesn’t come back maybe Tech gets in on the Rutgers transfer? I’d 100% rather have Miles back but wouldn’t be the worst consolation prize.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I’m in the denial stage of grieving with Miles Kelly right now. He’s going to come back, right? Was I taking his return for granted?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I’m in the denial stage of grieving with Miles Kelly right now. He’s going to come back, right? Was I taking his return for granted?

I mean I've seen 0 smoke or indication he has a shot of being drafted so it seems like a no-brainer to return unless he wants to play the dicey undrafted free agent games...

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I mean I've seen 0 smoke or indication he has a shot of being drafted so it seems like a no-brainer to return unless he wants to play the dicey undrafted free agent games...
I'm anticipating him coming back but the fact that he hasn't announced it yet has me antsy. He could be trying to get some leverage for an NIL play.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm anticipating him coming back but the fact that he hasn't announced it yet has me antsy. He could be trying to get some leverage for an NIL play.
If I was advising him I would definitely suggest he come back. Seems like the system CDS runs would be tailor made for a guy like him and would only serve to improve his draft stock. Seems like a scout would rate him much higher if he is successful coming out of a more pro style system than what he might see from the Princeton offense.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is where we are now unless I am forgetting someone:

PG - Sturdivant, Abrams
SG - Kelly, Terry
SF - Coleman, Reeves, Forrest
PF - Gapare, Ndongo
C - Claude, Dowuona

Beyond the obvious top six or seven guys there will be competition for minutes. This will be an interesting season.

slugboy

Staff member
This is where we are now unless I am forgetting someone:

PG - Sturdivant, Abrams
SG - Kelly, Terry
SF - Coleman, Reeves, Forrest
PF - Gapare, Ndongo
C - Claude, Dowuona

Beyond the obvious top six or seven guys there will be competition for minutes. This will be an interesting season.
My first reaction is that I’d love to have Jose on that roster, but he’s well into his NBA career. (I don’t want to go further back in time than that)

Promising ingredients. Now, what do the coaches cook up with what they have?

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Will ultimately depend on our guards. We have good experience in the backcourt, and with Kelly back and the addition of Abram, I like our ability to score it.

Should take some pressure off of guys like Deebo and Lance allowing them to become even better shooters. We will be much better defensively as well.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
CDS has definitely addressed glaring needs on the roster. We have guys in the front court that collectively can defend, rebound, and provide a little scoring. However, this team will go as far as the guards take it. The good thing is we have a ton of experience and Abrams is a high upside guy. However, we need Kelly, Coleman, and Terry to take their games up a notch. Kelly can be an 18ppg guy. Terry really played well down the stretch of the season and we need more of that. Coleman needs to become that guy we thought we were getting out of high school. Sturdivant needs to play with the same confidence he played with down the stretch. I really hate to set expectations for a first year coach with so many new pieces. I am hoping we can at least get an NIT bid.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Can you translate?
Team could dance in my uneducated opinion.

I think we're going to fill up the scoresheet with the spacing next year. I don't want to speak for the transfers but I know it plays really well to the strengths of Kelly, Terry, and Deebo. Jury is still out on the transfers, esp the guys making the move from the mid-major level but I think there's some good depth pieces there too. We could run a lot of different situational lineups and feel good about the 5 guys we're laying out there. It's been a while since we've had a roster where going 9 deep is a realistic idea.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Will ultimately depend on our guards. We have good experience in the backcourt, and with Kelly back and the addition of Abram, I like our ability to score it.

Should take some pressure off of guys like Deebo and Lance allowing them to become even better shooters. We will be much better defensively as well.
Assuming CDS brings his recent experience with the Celtics to GT, we are going to play four out quite a bit. Expect us to create mismatches for Kelly in crunch situations, but always trying to force opponents double up and us to find the open shooter. That's why I think Kelly, Coleman, Terry, Sturdivant (or Abrams) will be on the floor a lot. We will see who else can shoot the ball well enough.

Remember, Horford and Williams III were rarely an option on offense for the Celtics. Whichever guy wins the 5 for us will almost certainly be in a similar situation. Our bigs don't all have the same skills, so we may play differently at times. That's also true when Reeves is on the floor with Abrams. And, matchups matter a lot in basketball.