2022 Schedule??

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
OK, back to my original question: Anybody got an idea which game is Homecoming?
If Duke, then that's really early.
If UVA, that's a Thursday game, so doesn't seem right.
Miami is really late.

1643686562831.png

candrewk

Georgia Tech Fan
This is actually about as favorable as you could've hoped for. Putting UVA on a Thursday so as to not have a BYE week would've been better if UVA or FSU had a game the Saturday before, but it still buys us more time and we usually do well at night.

Assuming Collins pulls an upset in his first four weeks and is 2-2 heading into October, then he'll still need to beat either UVA or FSU heading into November assuming he also beats Duke. Even if he's 4-4, the question is whether he can pull off 2 more wins in November given that there's only one home game and a guaranteed loss against uga.

candrewk

Georgia Tech Fan
Also, I thought uga/Oregon was the Chick Fil A kickoff game. If GT/Clemson is also a kickoff game, does that mean it will be a neutral field? That really sucks if so, because the GT graphics package and seeing the GT logo on the field was one of the coolest parts of the MBS game last year. Not to mention it would essentially leave us with only 5 home games.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Also, I thought uga/Oregon was the Chick Fil A kickoff game. If GT/Clemson is also a kickoff game, does that mean it will be a neutral field? That really sucks if so, because the GT graphics package and seeing the GT logo on the field was one of the coolest parts of the MBS game last year. Not to mention it would essentially leave us with only 5 home games.
It’s technically part of the CFA kickoff “event” and they have been playing 2 games to open the season. One on Saturday, and one on Monday which is Labor Day. Even though it is part of the CFA event it’s still considered a “home” game, and GT gets priority seating and I’m pretty sure we get control of at least some (if not all) of the in-game entertainment and stadium atmosphere. There may be CFA markings on the field, and they might even put Clemson’s logo in one of the end zones but it’s still considered a home game, and not a neutral site game.

candrewk

Georgia Tech Fan
It’s technically part of the CFA kickoff “event” and they have been playing 2 games to open the season. One on Saturday, and one on Monday which is Labor Day. Even though it is part of the CFA event it’s still considered a “home” game, and GT gets priority seating and I’m pretty sure we get control of at least some (if not all) of the in-game entertainment and stadium atmosphere. There may be CFA markings on the field, and they might even put Clemson’s logo in one of the end zones but it’s still considered a home game, and not a neutral site game.
Hopefully we still get both end zones painted with GT and control the entire graphics package. If they want to slap CFA kickoff game in the middle of the field I can probably live with that, though I'd prefer for it to be placed where the "ATL" symbol would normally show up on grant field.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If we go 6-6 against this schedule we should be top 25.
But if we don't win 8 games, CGC is out of here! Or at least that's what everyone keeps saying.

Now, in reality, no one really knows who's going to be good next year and who's going to be not-so-good. I think that if we don't step up, we're always going to be running with the pack in the ACC, which means we'll aways be .500 +/- 2 games. Wait...isn't that what Dave Brainless said. ****! He shouldn't have said it outloud.

Jmonty71

Banned
I see a 1-4 start. Duke will depend on how demoralized the team is, by that point. What a rough start.... I hope I am wrong.. But, I can easily see another 3 win season coming.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT has won one road game in each of the last 3 seasons, so i'm going to think we win one road game again.
I also expect it to be a close win as the 3 wins are 4 pts at Duke, 3 pts at FSU and overtime at Miami.

IMO if GT is going to get to 6 wins it likely needs to be 4-3 after the UVA game as it is difficult to see GT going better than 2-3 over the last with so many road games and the home game is not a gimme.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Homecoming will be either Duke or Miami with that schedule.
I'm betting on Duke since Miami should be Senior Day.
Ole Miss is the likely White Out/Family Weekend
UVA could be the Hall of Fame game.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
The problem is that given the last 3 years every team on our schedule looks tough to beat except for Western Carolina.

Now, if we step up to where we should be as a program in year 4, then 8 wins would be expected given how many of our opponents are in some kind of transition.

JacketFan137

Banned
right now in vegas tech is projected 5 wins

going through our schedule and looking at their projections:

clemson: 11.5
georgia: 10.5
pitt: 7
ucf: 9.5
ole miss: 7.5
vt: 7
fsu: 5.5
duke: 3
miami: 9.5
unc: 10
uva: 6

couple take aways:

idk why everyone is acting like pitt is that big of a deal. they’re not bad but even vegas who is objective doesn’t have them as some unbeatable force. a first round qb is a large part of why they were so good and please don’t pretend like slovis is close to pickett

miami and unc getting preseason hype from vegas. i’m hammering that under those teams haven’t met expectations ever lol

ucf i predict isn’t as good as ole miss but ole miss’ schedule features @LSU, Bama, @tamu. could be a very tough 7-5 team end of season.

i don’t see ucf as unbeatable even with 9.5 projection. they play a lot of winnable games vs schools like ecu, usf etc. will be tough but again this isn’t impossible

duke, fsu, uva are games that are must win. vegas doesn’t like these teams and 2/3 are at home.

we were 4.5 last year as they probably had UNI and BC as wins (surprise surprise our starting qb didn’t play the full games) so i would say 5 wins is possibly accurate. if we can win 1 game we aren’t supposed to out of clemson, UCF, ole miss, i think we could set ourselves up pretty well to make a bowl

the three win crowd has justification i guess considering previous results (even though 2020 isn’t comparable to 19 or 21), but i think on paper we could find the 6 wins

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
right now in vegas tech is projected 5 wins

going through our schedule and looking at their projections:

clemson: 11.5
georgia: 10.5
pitt: 7
ucf: 9.5
ole miss: 7.5
vt: 7
fsu: 5.5
duke: 3
miami: 9.5
unc: 10
uva: 6

couple take aways:

idk why everyone is acting like pitt is that big of a deal. they’re not bad but even vegas who is objective doesn’t have them as some unbeatable force. a first round qb is a large part of why they were so good and please don’t pretend like slovis is close to pickett

miami and unc getting preseason hype from vegas. i’m hammering that under those teams haven’t met expectations ever lol

ucf i predict isn’t as good as ole miss but ole miss’ schedule features @LSU, Bama, @tamu. could be a very tough 7-5 team end of season.

i don’t see ucf as unbeatable even with 9.5 projection. they play a lot of winnable games vs schools like ecu, usf etc. will be tough but again this isn’t impossible

duke, fsu, uva are games that are must win. vegas doesn’t like these teams and 2/3 are at home.

we were 4.5 last year as they probably had UNI and BC as wins (surprise surprise our starting qb didn’t play the full games) so i would say 5 wins is possibly accurate. if we can win 1 game we aren’t supposed to out of clemson, UCF, ole miss, i think we could set ourselves up pretty well to make a bowl

the three win crowd has justification i guess considering previous results (even though 2020 isn’t comparable to 19 or 21), but i think on paper we could find the 6 wins
Where are you getting those win projections from? Are you sure you aren't looking at 2021 projections?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Pitt returns their entire offensive line: