2022 MLB Draft

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Then if you look at the early rounders.... You can see the savings with Rocker signing for 5.2 and that's how the Rangers were able to give Brock Porter 4M in a later round...now given all these early round gents were already agreed upon - What is the delay now? just curious.
And delays in these early rounds mess with the "over slotting" later I guess. and then the Teams get 5% wiggle room.

So the Covid eligibility didn't kick in here or mean anything?
How does redshirt work with eligibility? Or do you still need to go before 22 or 23?

It feels like to me the Covid eligibility made little difference at this point as the vast majority of 3rd year players got drafted and left, even with 2 years of eligibility left. I guess the “age penalty” starts to weigh in and counteract that extra eligibility. Perhaps that played a role in Compton, Deleo, Reid not getting drafted. Maybe they valued their 2 years of eligibility left too much to settle for a low, underslot offer. Just wondering.

Buzz_404

Jolly Good Fellow
It feels like to me the Covid eligibility made little difference at this point as the vast majority of 3rd year players got drafted and left, even with 2 years of eligibility left. I guess the “age penalty” starts to weigh in and counteract that extra eligibility. Perhaps that played a role in Compton, Deleo, Reid not getting drafted. Maybe they valued their 2 years of eligibility left too much to settle for a low, underslot offer. Just wondering.
Everyone that got drafted is signed right?

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
That wasn't the question. It was "everyone is signed, right?" And the answer is everyone is not. Several are still negotiating. They will be. But as of now, two are not signed according to MLB.
I stand corrected on Grissom. MLB hasn't updated that yet.

13 (381): Marquis Grissom Jr., RHP, Georgia Tech
Has not agreed to terms

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
3:46 pm today. (could be behind also)

1 (11): Kevin Parada, C, Georgia Tech (Pick value: $4,780,700)
Has not yet agreed to terms

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Nor has Tim Borden
1658882241456.png