2022 MLB Draft

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't think that's as clear as you make it sound after round 10. A 11-20th round draft pick really isn't worth much at all and I'd bet some teams take some flyers or back up plans if something comes up on their earlier picks. You're mostly looking at organizational depth guys at that point. It'll happen less since they're not going to 40 rounds anymore but it will still happen.
Case in point, the Astros took 4 shortstops just today. Borden was the last of them. That just feels like gaining possible depth.

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
if only DeLeo would have gotten the ABs that #5 got this year, just maybe Tech would have made it to Omaha!

cape cod league stats so far
DeLeo, JCF.28128891125304127133004042
25 hits / 33k s in 89 abs. Really need to cut back on the strike outs. Otherwise, some good stuff in there- some hrs, sbs, est. I hope for a really positive year from him with a full time role.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
if only DeLeo would have gotten the ABs that #5 got this year, just maybe Tech would have made it to Omaha!

cape cod league stats so far
DeLeo, JCF.28128891125304127133004042
Jake would have had to take the mound in order to have gotten us to Omaha this year!! That said, I felt like he sort of got screwed and never really got a fair chance after he recovered from his injury. Hope he doesn’t hit the portal, looking forward to seeing him on the flats next year.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
The information presented on the ESPN broadcast of the Draft was really interesting.
They mentioned the strengths and needs of each team and their farm systems and you could kinda read into that and how the various clubs were making their selections and picks.
Quite interesting.

They had the College Game Announcers, Kyle Peterson, Chris Burke, and Eduardo Pérez.
MLB Network had Vitello and some MLB Head Coaches and previous GMs.

Both discussions were very interesting. MLB Network had all the on stage interviews.

CDH was the only Coach in attendance. Good for him and KP!

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer

1658351686394.png

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Jake would have had to take the mound in order to have gotten us to Omaha this year!! That said, I felt like he sort of got screwed and never really got a fair chance after he recovered from his injury. Hope he doesn’t hit the portal, looking forward to seeing him on the flats next year.
Ask Wally Pipp what that feels like. Or Drew Bledsoe. And the list goes on and on. It's not like he was tearing the cover off the ball before he got hurt. That being said I hope he uses it as motivation to come back this year and have a great season.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Ask Wally Pipp what that feels like. Or Drew Bledsoe. And the list goes on and on. It's not like he was tearing the cover off the ball before he got hurt. That being said I hope he uses it as motivation to come back this year and have a great season.
Lol you are kidding right he was leading the nation in doubles when he got hurt. Wally Pipp didn’t feel well one day and decided not to play. Bad take!

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Lol you are kidding right he was leading the nation in doubles when he got hurt. Wally Pipp didn’t feel well one day and decided not to play. Bad take!
I can't tell if you are being serious with that response. He had a grand total of 3 doubles when he got hurt 22 AB's into the season.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't tell if you are being serious with that response. He had a grand total of 3 doubles when he got hurt 22 AB's into the season.
Awe did the facts hurt Your feelings or your misinformed statement? Go read the stat lines friend. I’ll summarize: five doubles and a home run in six games before coming out with injury previously sustained. You’re the one who said he wasn’t exactly “hitting the cover off the ball” just another bad take. It may have been a small sample size (one doesn’t choose when they get injured) but let’s keep it accurate on here.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Awe did the facts hurt Your feelings or your misinformed statement? Go read the stat lines friend. I’ll summarize: five doubles and a home run in six games before coming out with injury previously sustained. You’re the one who said he wasn’t exactly “hitting the cover off the ball” just another bad take. It may have been a small sample size (one doesn’t choose when they get injured) but let’s keep it accurate on here.
In my defense I was basing my take on the box score listed on the team site for that sixth game that had him batting .280 and hitting his 2nd and 3rd doubles of the year instead of the 5 on the year. Using that info he would be a very pedestrian part of the lineup compared to the big numbers being put up by our lineup. Still the fact of the matter is he had 7 hits after 6 games which is not "hitting the cover off the ball". Not bad but not like he was on some sort of hot streak either which was my point. And by the time he was ready to come back Reid was on a hot streak. So are you saying if you were the coach you would have put Reid on the bench and put Deleo back in right field? I can see where it might have made sense to try him in center but he was not going to play right and take a hot power bat out of the lineup.