2022 Atlanta Braves

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Phillies reliever Davr Robertson out for the series after straining his calf celebrating a home run in their last game.

Hey, I've been there. I reached for more chips that one time and thought I tore an oblique or something.

King Of The Hill Eating GIF

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
I just want to say thanks to the ‘88 grad who gave me a lift to my truck at the game tonight. Go Jackets and go Braves.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Uh, is he good at SS?

Ron Washington has been raving to AA about him this off-season so he thinks he’s pretty good. Who knows though until we see it 🤷‍♂️

Ron Washington taught Scott Hatteberg to play first base in one offseason, and he was a catcher. Grissom is a SS by trade, though admittedly not the defensive wizard (so far) that Dansby was. He will most likely be a better bat in the line up (long term) than Dansby was.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I hate to see him go, but I'm also glad that the Braves didn't give him that contract. As others have mentioned, we have Grissom at short with other options being Arcia and Shewmake. I'd rather the Braves spend the money on LF and extend Fried.
This a million times. I love Dansby, but I’d take a Fried extension every single time over paying Dansby.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
So dansby gone? Somebody gimme a silver linin'..

@Buzzbomb .... lookin at you.
Yeah good buddy, in time I’ve been looking at Grissom. He prefers SS over 2B or learning LF. A young guy wants to play breaking into MLB, so sure he isn’t going to publicly share that tidbit of wisdom. The ball comes off the bat differently at SS and the left side of the Diamond. Adjustment to big league pitching has already started at the plate. Pitchers started adjusting to him per the scouting reports and it’s his turn this Spring to fire back. Ala Austin Riley a few years ago.

Vaughn might feel more comfortable in the IF? I’m not sure, but it seems that way on the surface. My grandfather groomed me to be a CFer, however Youth leagues and even HS coaches kept me at SS where the action was. Not until tryout camp and college did I get to move back into the OF. You do what’s best for the team. In Pro Ball, you go where the organization feels you are the best fit.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ok well break down the Correa situation. Did SF get cold feet and find a "reason" out of the deal? Is this just more of NYM doing 'stuff', or does this elevate them over the Barves?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Ok well break down the Correa situation. Did SF get cold feet and find a "reason" out of the deal? Is this just more of NYM doing 'stuff', or does this elevate them over the Barves?

Something in the physical gave the Giants pause. NYM weren't about to lose out over that so they swept in. Cohen is not afraid to spend.

Also, Correa is gonna play 3rd for the Mets, not SS.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
As a Mets fan, the Mets are not elevated over the Braves until they beat the Braves.

Correa makes the Mets more dangerous, but the players still need to stay healthy and get the job done. I'm not sure they're done yet. I thought that they were pretty much done making moves a couple of days ago, but this morning's news makes me reconsider. Perhaps the Mets trade for Ohtani next week?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
As a Mets fan, the Mets are not elevated over the Braves until they beat the Braves.

Correa makes the Mets more dangerous, but the players still need to stay healthy and get the job done. I'm not sure they're done yet. I thought that they were pretty much done making moves a couple of days ago, but this morning's news makes me reconsider. Perhaps the Mets trade for Ohtani next week?

What's wrong with the dude's leg tho?

Interdasting...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He broke the leg in 2014 sliding. Apparently there is worry it didn't heal properly. Mets are now holding back and might renegotiate with him as well according to the Athletic.
I mean, I guess I'd wanna be super sure if I'm giving that contract. But dang it's been that many years?

What they think gonna happen? It's gonna detach midslide? If it was gonna shorten his career, wouldn't we be seeing signs of that now? Or could they be suggesting his recent injury was related?

So many questions.