2022 Atlanta Braves

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Why not have Freddie and Olson? We've got a DH now.

I don't care how you do it just .... just bring 'im home, Alex.

Season 1 Crying GIF by BET Plus

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The guy that got fired for not doing what his client wanted has a little less credibility IMO.

The report does seem a little different than how the sequence was reported at the time.

And it does seem improbable that Freddie knew nothing about it until this weekend.

But those possible inconsistencies do not rise to the level of them needing to "explore all legal options" or whatever.

As you suggest, they're not gonna win in the court of public opinion. And they come across as petty little weasels if they pursue this past simply stating the report is inaccurate.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The report does seem a little different than how the sequence was reported at the time.

And it does seem improbable that Freddie knew nothing about it until this weekend.

But those possible inconsistencies do not rise to the level of them needing to "explore all legal options" or whatever.

As you suggest, they're not gonna win in the court of public opinion. And they come across as petty little weasels if they pursue this past simply stating the report is inaccurate.

I mean, this is easily proven. Braves should have record of tendering an offer to Freddy's agent. Freddy's ex agent should have record of showing Freddy the offer. I highly doubt Freddy would lie about any of this or for Gottlieb.

If Freddy's agent is correct, this will be a pretty quick trial. If he's not correct, I highly doubt he wants to go through discovery or push this matter. Of course, if the agent is lying, Freddy and MLBPA could make this REAL ugly for him.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I mean, this is easily proven. Braves should have record of tendering an offer to Freddy's agent. Freddy's ex agent should have record of showing Freddy the offer. I highly doubt Freddy would lie about any of this or for Gottlieb.

If Freddy's agent is correct, this will be a pretty quick trial. If he's not correct, I highly doubt he wants to go through discovery or push this matter. Of course, if the agent is lying, Freddy and MLBPA could make this REAL ugly for him.

All true. This can be ugly for Gottlllleeeb. But, if you're the agent, what're you fighting this for?

Ok, you beat the reporter. But that won't make up for losing the client in the manner in which you did.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
All he's doing is drawing more attention to the actual mistake(s) they made in the process.

It would've sufficed to simply say the tweet was inaccurate and move on. They're throwing kerosene on the fire.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
He strikes out way too much and Harris passed him. I think he needs a change f scenery and the Braves need some picks to bolster the farm.
It also gives the Braves an additional $2.2 million in slot money to make the most of the picks they have. That's the probably the bigger deal than the actual pick itself.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Somebody tell Dontrelle Wilis to shut his a** up.

And, when the announcer asks about Michael Harris, nobody wants to hear about how proud you were to do whatever the f*** you did for the Marlins.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
From Keith Law, Mock Draft:
20. Atlanta: Justin Crawford, OF, Bishop Gorman High (Las Vegas)

From Matt Johnson, Mock: 20. Atlanta Braves: Brandon Barriera, LHP, American Heritage HS

From CBS Sports, MD: #20 Atlanta Pick: LHP Cooper Hjerpe, Oregon State ($3,407,400 slot value)
Nearly every top college pitcher got hurt this spring. Hjerpe (pronounced "Jerpy") is the best healthy college pitcher in the draft class and he's an analytics standout with great shape on his fastball and slider. He should move through the system quickly, which fits the Braves' competitive window, plus there's a chance he signs underslot. Atlanta has an extra pick (No. 76) as compensation for losing Freddie Freeman to free agency. Hjerpe here and an overslot player later may be the best way to maximize the two picks. Other (healthy) college arms who would make sense in this range are Oklahoma State righty Justin Campbell, Campbell righty Thomas Harrington, Gonzaga righty Gabriel Hughes, and Iowa righty Adam Mazur.

Joel Reuter: 20. Atlanta Braves: LHP Connor Prielipp, Alabama
With a lethal 70-grade slider and a mid-90s fastball, Prielipp has some of the best raw stuff in the 2022 draft class, and he was on track to be a top-10 pick before undergoing Tommy John surgery last May. He threw a bullpen session for scouts last month and will be one of the most closely monitored players at this year's draft combine. This could be a major steal if his arm issues are behind him.

Mchael Dault: 20 Atlanta; Daniel Susac, Arizona, Catcher. Susac has raw power and a hit tool that’ll lure more teams to his games next season. Much like Harry Ford was for the 2021 draft, I expect Susac to garner the same hype. The Braves haven’t had a great catcher since Brian McCann.

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/2022-mlb-draft/player-profiles/Carson-Whisenhunt

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
From Keith Law, Mock Draft:
20. Atlanta: Justin Crawford, OF, Bishop Gorman High (Las Vegas)

From Matt Johnson, Mock: 20. Atlanta Braves: Brandon Barriera, LHP, American Heritage HS

From CBS Sports, MD: #20 Atlanta Pick: LHP Cooper Hjerpe, Oregon State ($3,407,400 slot value)
Nearly every top college pitcher got hurt this spring. Hjerpe (pronounced "Jerpy") is the best healthy college pitcher in the draft class and he's an analytics standout with great shape on his fastball and slider. He should move through the system quickly, which fits the Braves' competitive window, plus there's a chance he signs underslot. Atlanta has an extra pick (No. 76) as compensation for losing Freddie Freeman to free agency. Hjerpe here and an overslot player later may be the best way to maximize the two picks. Other (healthy) college arms who would make sense in this range are Oklahoma State righty Justin Campbell, Campbell righty Thomas Harrington, Gonzaga righty Gabriel Hughes, and Iowa righty Adam Mazur.

Joel Reuter: 20. Atlanta Braves: LHP Connor Prielipp, Alabama
With a lethal 70-grade slider and a mid-90s fastball, Prielipp has some of the best raw stuff in the 2022 draft class, and he was on track to be a top-10 pick before undergoing Tommy John surgery last May. He threw a bullpen session for scouts last month and will be one of the most closely monitored players at this year's draft combine. This could be a major steal if his arm issues are behind him.

Mchael Dault: 20 Atlanta; Daniel Susac, Arizona, Catcher. Susac has raw power and a hit tool that’ll lure more teams to his games next season. Much like Harry Ford was for the 2021 draft, I expect Susac to garner the same hype. The Braves haven’t had a great catcher since Brian McCann.

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/2022-mlb-draft/player-profiles/Carson-Whisenhunt
Don't forget, the Braves traded 3 prospects for the #35 pick from KC, also adding $2.2021M to their draft budget.

And don't sleep on "former" college arm Rocker. Only time will tell if the Mets screwed up that decision not to sign him. I was excited that we drafted him, and disappointed when we failed to sign him due to medical concerns about his shoulder. After what I've seen from the Met's medical staff over the years, I don't trust the Met's medical staff. Maybe they're better under Cohen, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Don't forget, the Braves traded 3 prospects for the #35 pick from KC, also adding $2.2021M to their draft budget.

And don't sleep on "former" college arm Rocker. Only time will tell if the Mets screwed up that decision not to sign him. I was excited that we drafted him, and disappointed when we failed to sign him due to medical concerns about his shoulder. After what I've seen from the Met's medical staff over the years, I don't trust the Met's medical staff. Maybe they're better under Cohen, but I'll believe it when I see it.
I did not forget #35, but the services don’t go that deep in mock drafts.
Kumar Rocker won’t be around at #20.