2022 Adidas Swag Watch

georgiatech22

Georgia Tech Fan

Just noticed this was added. Is this like the white jersey or is it the replica everyone said they were selling a few weeks ago that was junk?
That will be like the white one.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer

Just noticed this was added. Is this like the white jersey or is it the replica everyone said they were selling a few weeks ago that was junk?
It's their Premier one, but it's printed not stitched numbers. I have it, and think the quality is good, FWIW.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Gold apparel sells out the fastest everytime they release a new shirt. Blue is just cheaper to make

It's cheaper because more blue dye is made because more people buy blue than any other color but red. Gold sells out faster because it has a more limited selection due to the fact it doesn't sell as well as blue. The people who make and market apparel know what they are doing.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
It's cheaper because more blue dye is made because more people buy blue than any other color but red. Gold sells out faster because it has a more limited selection due to the fact it doesn't sell as well as blue. The people who make and market apparel know what they are doing.
Gold apparel is more expensive to make because it is made in much smaller quantities, and adidas doesn't want to hurt their profit margins when they have warehouses full of blue shirts that work for half the teams around the country.

AugustaJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
The idea that I cannot go into the Georgia Tech bookstore today and purchase a fairly standard, official gold, adidas polo with the interlocking GT is asinine (or absurd as a poster states above). Some amount of a standard polos, t-shirts, sweatshirts & quarter-zips. It's something that should be made available all the time.

I'd love to see some numbers on sales over the years. I can reasonably understand that navy is less expensive to make and understand why an apparel company may want to lean/push that way. I can also see why people may want some navy esp for "everyday" wear, but the pendulum has swung too hard in that direction in terms of what's available. If gold is selling out so fast as a poster mentions above, then that's a clear indication that things are out of whack. There should be more of a balance of all our primary colors if that's the case.

In my personal opinion, GTAA should do a much better job of encouraging fans to wear gold (and secondarily white) on gamedays (and obviously making that apparel available). It just shows up better. Navy does not. Part of that marketing should be making a "Gameday" section in the physical bookstore and online and work with adidas to ensure that some basic stuff is available. I went to the Clemson game and then the Duke game last week. Tons of navy each time. Not much in the way of white stuff and very little gold with exception of maybe some hats and a few tees. I try to get a new "gameday" polo each year. On my two recent adidas purchases the press-on GT failed, so Clemson pre-game I was looking for a new one (and hoping for something stitched obviously) while reverting back to my old Under Armor model that's still holding up (as was my Russell one before that). No gold adidas. There was a single rack containing an old polo with more of a true old gold and the interlocking GT. The company's name was Oxford IIRC. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't "official" so I held off. Saw a ton of GT fans wearing it however once we got over to the Benz. Ahead of the Duke game it was gone. I ended up buying some GT decals (gold of course) to update the ones on my vehicles. Came close to purchasing something blue from from the Peter Millar section but held off because I really just didn't like the designs all that much.

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
The idea that I cannot go into the Georgia Tech bookstore today and purchase a fairly standard, official gold, adidas polo with the interlocking GT is asinine (or absurd as a poster states above). Some amount of a standard polos, t-shirts, sweatshirts & quarter-zips. It's something that should be made available all the time.

I'd love to see some numbers on sales over the years. I can reasonably understand that navy is less expensive to make and understand why an apparel company may want to lean/push that way. I can also see why people may want some navy esp for "everyday" wear, but the pendulum has swung too hard in that direction in terms of what's available. If gold is selling out so fast as a poster mentions above, then that's a clear indication that things are out of whack. There should be more of a balance of all our primary colors if that's the case.

In my personal opinion, GTAA should do a much better job of encouraging fans to wear gold (and secondarily white) on gamedays (and obviously making that apparel available). It just shows up better. Navy does not. Part of that marketing should be making a "Gameday" section in the physical bookstore and online and work with adidas to ensure that some basic stuff is available. I went to the Clemson game and then the Duke game last week. Tons of navy each time. Not much in the way of white stuff and very little gold with exception of maybe some hats and a few tees. I try to get a new "gameday" polo each year. On my two recent adidas purchases the press-on GT failed, so Clemson pre-game I was looking for a new one (and hoping for something stitched obviously) while reverting back to my old Under Armor model that's still holding up (as was my Russell one before that). No gold adidas. There was a single rack containing an old polo with more of a true old gold and the interlocking GT. The company's name was Oxford IIRC. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't "official" so I held off. Saw a ton of GT fans wearing it however once we got over to the Benz. Ahead of the Duke game it was gone. I ended up buying some GT decals (gold of course) to update the ones on my vehicles. Came close to purchasing something blue from from the Peter Millar section but held off because I really just didn't like the designs all that much.

This has always been a GTAA problem. They simply don't care enough. For whatever reason they're afraid they'll offend somebody by telling fans to "wear gold", or they might actually be held accountable for not requiring vendors and the bookstore to, you know, SELL GOLD.

Many years ago, there were signs at BDS - "Next Time I'll Wear Gold"

Not having multiple options of white and gold polos, sweatshirts, etc in the bookstore during football season should be a firable offense.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Gold apparel is more expensive to make because it is made in much smaller quantities, and adidas doesn't want to hurt their profit margins when they have warehouses full of blue shirts that work for half the teams around the country.
Yup. This isn’t an adidas issue. Nike would have done the same.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This has always been a GTAA problem. They simply don't care enough. For whatever reason they're afraid they'll offend somebody by telling fans to "wear gold", or they might actually be held accountable for not requiring vendors and the bookstore to, you know, SELL GOLD.

Many years ago, there were signs at BDS - "Next Time I'll Wear Gold"

Not having multiple options of white and gold polos, sweatshirts, etc in the bookstore during football season should be a firable offense.
Hopefully Batt cleans house and brings in people that fit the we care about winning mold like they had at Alabama. Too many people content with being average or below average in the GTAA. It’s trickled down into all the major sports programs.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Yup. This isn’t an adidas issue. Nike would have done the same.
Well, I'd say its at least a partially adidas issue - until adidas became our primary apparel provider, there was a much better ratio of gold and white apparel to blue. We have gone very blue heavy the last 4-5 years. But as @GT flunkout mentioned, its a GT problem too, because they don't push white and gold and don't require the suppliers to provide apparel in those colors either. Blue was not a primary color for Tech until Stansbury became AD, and it needs to be made back into a secondary color again.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
NEW NIL Adidas jerseys now available on ramblinwreckstore.com!!
1667573959105.png

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
NEW adidas hoodie available on Fanatics sites.
1667916953710.png