2022 Adidas Swag Watch

JacketFan137

Banned
Have to disagree, the uniforms are a mess. They're gimmicky. I love ultraboosts, I wear them almost daily, but we need Nike to come in and make some classic uniforms for GT. Adidas is still a lot better than having Russell or UA though.
please no under armour. i would wear russell before that ****

FolkHall

Georgia Tech Fan
Have to disagree, the uniforms are a mess. They're gimmicky. I love ultraboosts, I wear them almost daily, but we need Nike to come in and make some classic uniforms for GT. Adidas is still a lot better than having Russell or UA though.
This current uniform set is great except for the number font. Put a traditional number font on this set and they’d be perfect.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
No one wears under armor shoes. Their running and compression gear is worn by a lot of athletes. Not the same cache as Nike, though.
Under Armor just doesn’t have “cool” factor. Their gear is top notch outside of their shoes. While Nike and Adidas were busy fighting over deals with teams and leagues, UA tried to get the biggest athletes. Arguable they succeeded in their strategy: Tom Brady, Steph Curry, Bryce Harper, Cam Newton, Jordan Spieth, etc. but without the backing of a major league, and minimal top tier colleges they never gained traction with the public. UA was supposed take over MLBs uniforms instead of Nike, but they had to back out because they were going bankrupt.

Most gear these days is bought and sold based solely on clout. Nike has the most clout, adidas second, UA third, then everybody else is fighting for the rest. It’s a shame really, I miss when there was more competition so the big brands had to make higher quality merchandise. I still think Russel Athletic makes some of the highest quality gear. Everybody just thinks it’s lame so it’s automatically lame. If you took the uniforms and and gear that Russel made/makes and put a swoosh on it, everybody would probably love it. Obviously there were some stinkers on their design front, but every company has those. The materials and the feel of the gear itself from Russel is just as good if not better than the big brands.

JacketFan137

Banned
Under Armor just doesn’t have “cool” factor. Their gear is top notch outside of their shoes. While Nike and Adidas were busy fighting over deals with teams and leagues, UA tried to get the biggest athletes. Arguable they succeeded in their strategy: Tom Brady, Steph Curry, Bryce Harper, Cam Newton, Jordan Spieth, etc. but without the backing of a major league, and minimal top tier colleges they never gained traction with the public. UA was supposed take over MLBs uniforms instead of Nike, but they had to back out because they were going bankrupt.

Most gear these days is bought and sold based solely on clout. Nike has the most clout, adidas second, UA third, then everybody else is fighting for the rest. It’s a shame really, I miss when there was more competition so the big brands had to make higher quality merchandise. I still think Russel Athletic makes some of the highest quality gear. Everybody just thinks it’s lame so it’s automatically lame. If you took the uniforms and and gear that Russel made/makes and put a swoosh on it, everybody would probably love it. Obviously there were some stinkers on their design front, but every company has those. The materials and the feel of the gear itself from Russel is just as good if not better than the big brands.
the russel gear wasn’t bad. the only issue i had with them was our apparel was then made by literally every sports brand imaginable. i would see tech stuff on under armour blanks, adidas and nike stuff. just made it look unprofessional to see so much different stuff. also no consistency with colors

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
the russel gear wasn’t bad. the only issue i had with them was our apparel was then made by literally every sports brand imaginable. i would see tech stuff on under armour blanks, adidas and nike stuff. just made it look unprofessional to see so much different stuff. also no consistency with colors
I wasn’t even talking about Russel’s Tech gear. Just their gear in general. Most of the best feeling and highest quality uniforms I’ve worn in my life were made by Russel. And I’ve worn uniforms made by Nike, UA, and Adidas too. They also make great base layers like @Augusta_Jacket said. My comment was more about the fact that it doesn’t even matter what the quality of the gear is if it’s not seen as being “cool.” If Nike bought Russel and started putting their swoosh on every item Russel made, everyone would think it’s great. But since it has the Russel “R” instead of the swoosh everybody thinks it’s trash. I wish things weren’t that way.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
No. Russell was trash in every sense of the word. The ****ty russell tube socks we got for practice are a meme among Johnson's players
I can promise you most of Russel’s baseball gear is way better than Adidas’. I bet if those ****ty tube socks had a Nike swoosh on them instead of an R you wouldn’t think twice about them

bikeseat

GT Athlete
I can promise you most of Russel’s baseball gear is way better than Adidas’. I bet if those ****ty tube socks had a Nike swoosh on them instead of an R you wouldn’t think twice about them
I can promise you I wore those ****ty tube socks and the only thing they have in common with a Nike socks is that they are fabric and sock shaped. @Ibeeballin, what do you think of the socks you got from Punt?

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
No. Russell was trash in every sense of the word. The ****ty russell tube socks we got for practice are a meme among Johnson's players

I agree on the socks. They are horrible. Personally, I love the Russel base layer bottoms (The tops never fit me right) and their newer running shorts with the zipper key pocket. Other than that, I generally avoid Russel gear.

JacketFan137

Banned
It seems to me that there is a very strong correlation between our Adidas partnership and losing football games....
me and my dad get off the marta station at the varsity for every tech game. one year they passed out johnsonville sausages every time. that was 2015 and our first losing season in over a decade lol

me and my dad don’t eat johnsonville sausages now. you may be on to something with adidas

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck

This is interesting to me. I live in Maryland, so it's obviously skewed with UA being based out of Baltimore. But I swear most all athletic clothing is UA up here. It definitely is *the* brand at least locally.

JacketFan137

Banned
This is interesting to me. I live in Maryland, so it's obviously skewed with UA being based out of Baltimore. But I swear most all athletic clothing is UA up here. It definitely is *the* brand at least locally.
under armour makes good enough sports gear for kids and adults for casual use. the problem though is they have completely and utterly failed to capture any of the streetwear/fashion/lifestyle hype that adidas and nike has

nike is obviously the king as most of the most popular athletes in the world are wearing the latest sneakers. dunks and jordan 1’s are probably two of the most iconic sneakers ever.

adidas has kanye and yeezy brand stuff both of which sell like crazy and probably the only reason adidas has any market share right now in the streetwear world

under armour has some good athletes but you don’t see any celebrities choosing to wear their stuff. just not an exciting brand and i think that they are a legitimate hindrance in recruiting because of that

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
under armour makes good enough sports gear for kids and adults for casual use. the problem though is they have completely and utterly failed to capture any of the streetwear/fashion/lifestyle hype that adidas and nike has

nike is obviously the king as most of the most popular athletes in the world are wearing the latest sneakers. dunks and jordan 1’s are probably two of the most iconic sneakers ever.

adidas has kanye and yeezy brand stuff both of which sell like crazy and probably the only reason adidas has any market share right now in the streetwear world

under armour has some good athletes but you don’t see any celebrities choosing to wear their stuff. just not an exciting brand and i think that they are a legitimate hindrance in recruiting because of that

We should clarify we are speaking about the US market. Adidas is huge in Europe. Fila is big in China, yet almost unheard of here. Nike is big everywhere. Russel is big nowhere.