THWG

Helluva Engineer
BA has us in right now...

View attachment 14229

Of course it's going to the freaking 1 seed 🙄

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
On a positive note about college baseball and NIL, none of the top 100 NIL payouts are to baseball. So we aren't as affected ........

And I just figured out how to see college baseball NIL, truly pennies compared to football & M&W BB.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Baseball America moved us out of 3-seed (#1 overall LSU region) into 3-seed (#11 Coastal Carolina region). We are also no longer in their "last 4 in" category. The 1-3 week must have impressed the BA gurus more than it impressed our fans. 🙂

Screenshot_20230405_202203.jpg

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Baseball America moved us out of 3-seed (#1 overall LSU region) into 3-seed (#11 Coastal Carolina region). We are also no longer in their "last 4 in" category. The 1-3 week must have impressed the BA gurus more than it impressed our fans. 🙂

View attachment 14254

Or other teams had even worse weeks than us.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
On a positive note about college baseball and NIL, none of the top 100 NIL payouts are to baseball. So we aren't as affected ........

And I just figured out how to see college baseball NIL, truly pennies compared to football & M&W BB.
I thought Tommy Tanks got a 6 figure deal to leave NCST

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought Tommy Tanks got a 6 figure deal to leave NCST

Looking at it again, I think the link was only for recruits and not guys in college. And I think you are right.

I couldn't find the baseball NIL for college players in the free site.

Is Tommy Tanks still injured? An NC State fan told me he hurt himself opening day. He wasn't broken up at all. But understands why he took the money.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking at it again, I think the link was only for recruits and not guys in college. And I think you are right.

I couldn't find the baseball NIL for college players in the free site.

Is Tommy Tanks still injured? An NC State fan told me he hurt himself opening day. He wasn't broken up at all. But understands why he took the money.
No, he may have missed a few games, as he only has 115 PAs compared to others on the LSU team with 125 - 130, but he is doing quite well. His line right now is 378/452/786 w/ 10 HR, 50 RBI, which leads the team in both categories. Surprising to me is that he only has 12 Ks, which means he has very good bat to ball skills. He's also only walked 8 times, so he'll need to work on that at the pro level.

ETA: Speaking of bat to ball skills, Kristian Cambell has only K'ed 3 times in 82 plate appearances! That is just incredible!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

View attachment 14254

Joke?

D1 Baseball has 9 ACC teams in their field of 64. We weren't in it before we lost the home series to UNC. At 70 RPI, we need a massive run.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Joke?

D1 Baseball has 9 ACC teams in their field of 64. We weren't in it before we lost the home series to UNC. At 70 RPI, we need a massive run.

Yes. My attempt to minimalize any "significance" to the click bait that are these mid season projections. It's fine. They are what they are... fun to look at but not really meaningful.

Ga Tech (2023 version) has gone 1-2 or 2-1 in all their conference series so far. All "chalk". They beat the lessor 2 teams (ND & Clemson) & lost to the better teams (LOU, BC, UNC).

Ga Tech can still make the tournament. Just needs to get up in that top 9 in ACC. Certainly doable.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes. My attempt to minimalize any "significance" to the click bait that are these mid season projections. It's fine. They are what they are... fun to look at but not really meaningful.

Ga Tech (2023 version) has gone 1-2 or 2-1 in all their conference series so far. All "chalk". They beat the lessor 2 teams (ND & Clemson) & lost to the better teams (LOU, BC, UNC).

Ga Tech can still make the tournament. Just needs to get up in that top 9 in ACC. Certainly doable.
It is doable, but winning on the road is tough in the ACC. We need to win the series in Blacksburg to offset the UNC series loss at home.

We did not look competitive for most of game 1/game 2. Lack of timely hitting, and pitching just didn't have an answer. They're a good team, but this wasn't a good look. I'm officially in the "concerned" camp now.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Seems pretty simple to me. Finish .500 or better in the ACC and you're IN the tournament.

Currently, there are 7 teams at .500 or better. Ga Tech (7-8) is not; but IS sitting in 8th in the standings. Do you believe the committee will be inclined to include ACC teams with conference records below .500? Maybe? ...but I would not bank on it. Not for Ga Tech. It does not look like our schedule sets up to make a 'mathematical run' at a 'standout' RPI (UGA and Auburn unable to beat any SEC teams of note isn't helping, either... btw). I know there has been 'talk' about less emphasis by the committee on RPI. The problem is what they'll use instead? I believe they'll continue to point to RPI as flawed as it is until something better comes along. What they are not doing is watching enough baseball to evaluate more accurately. [nobody could watch enough]

So... Need to complete the last half of the ACC schedule at 8-7 or better. Would be nice to win 5 via the Pitt and @Duke series and try to scrap 3 out of @VT, @Miami, UVA.

Need to start scoreboard watching and pulling for UVA and UNC (both unreachable imo) to pound the likes of Miami, VT, Duke.