2022-23 Season

GT33

Helluva Engineer
At 77 I don't have a lot of seasons left, and yet I've been ready for this season to end for quite a while!! By the middle of the season you could tell things just weren't going to get better on the bump. Indeed, it is rare to see a coach fail as badly as our pitching coach has! I always try to keep my expectations low, but my hopes high. Hope has nearly left the building, and when you lose hope ........
There are only 3 certainties in life: death, taxes & being a GT sports fan shortens your lifespan

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Looking back, opening day was ironically a predictor of how our season would play out. Had a 9-0 lead after 1, 13-0 after 2, and held on for a 15-12 win over Miami (OH), who is currently #244 in RPI according to Warren Nolan. At the time, was hoping that it was the cold weather that caused our pitching issues, but...

The 23-11 win in 7 innings against #281 Long Island was also a red flag, although that made us 8-0, so it was easy to ignore at the time.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ain't life grand... ?
Screenshot_20230528_203156.jpg

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Possibly related to size/capability of facilities?
It's in a small town south of Raleigh with access only on 2 lane state roads. They do have a very nice golf course. Lefty Driesell used to have a house there many years ago. No good places to stay nearby or enough restaurants very close.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It's in a small town south of Raleigh with access only on 2 lane state roads. They do have a very nice golf course. Lefty Driesell used to have a house there many years ago. No good places to stay nearby or enough restaurants very close.
They were never going to play on their home field. The NCAA has minimum requirements including capacity at the stadium.

Campbell submitted the necessary petition to host in Fayetteville, NC.