2022-23 GTWBB

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Not a pretty loss in the tournament tonight. Lazy passing created turnovers they just couldn't recover from. They made a little run at the end to keep the score respectable. Overall a very blah season. I would like to see Swartz come back next year just so she can go out on a better season. Teams really guarded her this year and it hurt our scoring. She looked to be dinged up late in the season which didn't help. Nell is obviously recruiting some length for next year.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not a pretty loss in the tournament tonight. Lazy passing created turnovers they just couldn't recover from. They made a little run at the end to keep the score respectable. Overall a very blah season. I would like to see Swartz come back next year just so she can go out on a better season. Teams really guarded her this year and it hurt our scoring. She looked to be dinged up late in the season which didn't help. Nell is obviously recruiting some length for next year.
They need not just length, but toughness. Hermosa kind of disappeared this year without Cubaj pounding the inside. They really have some talent with the young guards and Blackshear - hope Nell can keep them all here, and get some inside bangers to help them out.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Portal-2023:
ERIN HOUPT
played w/ the Mercer Bears. 2 years remaining.
#5 Guard
CLASS: Sophomore(rising Jr.)
HEIGHT: 5' 6"
BIRTHPLACE: Danville, IL. // Along w/ GT, the other schools of interest are: Seton Hall, Iowa St., Colorado St., Colorado.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Does this imply Schwartz & Jackson are gone?
Yes, they walked on Senior Day. I remember Sir Richard discussing Cam applying for another year. Unless I had a daydream, her stepdad who is an attorney had found out before she left Boston College, that the NCAA was not going to grant a sixth year. Typically, a S.A. applies for a hardship waiver after their eligibility is about to run out.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kyndall Hunter in the portal out of Univ. Texas WBB: GT, TexTech, Houston, TCU.

Mia Hammonds is an approx. 6’2” 2024 Low Post talent out of Texas(no relation to Tom “Terminator” Hammonds out of Crestview, Fla.):

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Sussy Ngulefac (6-3 // SO // center, Lilburn, GA) has entered her name into the portal, out of Samford WBB; 2022-23 stats: 11.5 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 25 blocks, .633 FG%; third-team All-Southern Conference. Her younger sister is on scholarship for soccer at UKentucky. If GT decides to offer, Boston College & Ole Miss would be the competition thus far.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Ga. Tech has inquired about both UNC portal entrants, Destiny Adams & Kennedy Todd-Williams to determine their interest level. Particularly, KT-W.