2022-23 GTWBB

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Really miss Cubaj. Hermosa’s soft and nobody else rebounds.
Yes. Cubaj covered for Hermosa’s shortcomings. She has always tended to reach up for rebounds without jumping, and her hands aren’t strong enough to hold onto the ball. She has a nice soft touch when she shoots, but she can’t seem to get open shots since Lorela graduated.

Gtfan09

Georgia Tech Fan
Bad showing against UGA this past Sunday. Rebounding looks like it’s going to be an issue this year. We have no presence in the paint so far this season. I agree, Hermosa is very soft and Cubaj covered up for her shortcomings.

Gtfan09

Georgia Tech Fan
Nice comeback win against a good Belmont team. We were up by 12 at the half and down 45-50 with about 2 minutes to play in the 4th. Scored 13 points in the last 2 minutes of the game to win 58-52. This is a good resume win. We play at Michigan State on Thursday in the Big Ten - ACC challenge. Then at Belmont next Sunday.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Nice comeback win against a good Belmont team. We were up by 12 at the half and down 45-50 with about 2 minutes to play in the 4th. Scored 13 points in the last 2 minutes of the game to win 58-52. This is a good resume win. We play at Michigan State on Thursday in the Big Ten - ACC challenge. Then at Belmont next Sunday.
What’s the deal with Hermosa? Only played 7 minutes vs Belmont - injured, or just benched due to ineffectiveness?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What’s the deal with Hermosa? Only played 7 minutes vs Belmont - injured, or just benched due to ineffectiveness?
I do not know the reason Nell has cut Hermosa's minutes. That said, it could be either and the evidence on the floor would be the same. She has not played very well this year and the athleticism of our recent opponents has amplified her lack of mobility and assertiveness.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
This is the longest any GT HC has gone with shuffling lineups that I can ever remember(which has been since the inception) ?

Why doesn’t Ines or Boswell get a chance? Admittedly, I don’t watch practice.

Nerea is definitely not aggressive enough. Lorella was her buffer and made up for our lack of rebounding skills. A skill set that takes hustle and positioning. Desire, mostly. I did it at my 5’11” and have a crooked nose that bled every game to prove it.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
An
This is the longest any GT HC has gone with shuffling lineups that I can ever remember(which has been since the inception) ?

Why doesn’t Ines or Boswell get a chance? Admittedly, I don’t watch practice.

Nerea is definitely not aggressive enough. Lorella was her buffer and made up for our lack of rebounding skills. A skill set that takes hustle and positioning. Desire, mostly. I did it at my 5’11” and have a crooked nose that bled every game to prove it.
And Love has also been ineffective as an inside presence - maybe just still getting used to a new position this year? I envisioned her as a great backfill for Strautmane, but she hasn’t shown much so far this season.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
One of those rare games they won from the free throw line. Solid road win. Interesting that Hermosa didn’t even get the start tonight.
Or at the end. Thought about her when Aranaz shot the desperate 3 ball with the clock winding down. Hermosa is actually a good shooter around the key.