2022-23 GTWBB

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
-ARIADNA TERMIS CASAS C 6-6 / Zaragoza, Spain(Barcelona-Spanish Federation National Team, Last 3 years). Biochemistry major. Committed to GT on 08-18-22.

-RUSNE AUGUSTINAITE- POSITION: G / HEIGHT 5-11/ HOMETOWN Siauliai, Lithuania/ Montverde Academy, Orlando Fla. area. Commitment to Ga. Tech on 10-14-2022.

-D’Asia Thomas
6’3” Post- Houston Christian (Hockley, Texas)
CyFair Elite 17u Eybl c/o 2023. Final 2: Alabama(in home on 09/12/22) & G.T. Other offers were from: VT, Houston, Tex. Tech, Sou. Miss., Ohio St., Oklahoma, Tulsa, N. Tex., SMU, W. Va., Ariz. St., Wich. St., Stephen F. Austin. Decision Day is 10-16-22 @ 10 a.m. Committed to Ga. Tech on 10-16 in her Church. Thank the Lord!
ASGR #79 Nationally. Prep Girls Hoops #2 in Texas. ESPNW 4 stars, “93 grade” & #66 in top 100.

-Jada Bediako /C / 6’4” / 2023 / Southwest Academy / Brampton, ONTARIO/ Commitment to GT on 11/03/2022 over Ohio St.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
-ARIADNA TERMIS CASAS C 6-6 / Zaragoza, Spain(Barcelona-Spanish Federation National Team, Last 3 years). Biochemistry major. Committed to GT on 08-18-22.

-RUSNE AUGUSTINAITE- POSITION: G / HEIGHT 5-11/ HOMETOWN Siauliai, Lithuania/ Montverde Academy, Orlando Fla. area. Commitment to Ga. Tech on 10-14-2022.

-D’Asia Thomas
CyFair Elite 17u Eybl c/o 2023. Final 2: Alabama(in home on 09/12/22) & G.T. Other offers were from: VT, Houston, Tex. Tech, Sou. Miss., Ohio St., Oklahoma, Tulsa, N. Tex., SMU, W. Va., Ariz. St., Wich. St., Stephen F. Austin. Decision Day is 10-16-22 @ 10 a.m. Committed to Ga. Tech on 10-16 in her Church. Thank the Lord!
ASGR #79 Nationally. Prep Girls Hoops #2 in Texas. ESPNW 4 stars, “93 grade” & #66 in top 100.

-Jada Bediako /C / 6’4” / 2023 / Southwest Academy / Brampton, ONTARIO/ Commitment to GT on 11/03/2022 over Ohio St.
We have some tall women coming to GT next year!

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck

-D’Asia Thomas

I remember some posters on here being very worried that all we signed were a bunch of guards in this year's recruiting class. It looks like Coach Nell had a plan for that all along. Hopefully we don't hear those same posters whining about how we signed almost all post players this recruiting cycle. I believe coach knows exactly what she is doing and the program is in very good hands. Looking forward to an exciting season. Hopefully someone can attend tonight's exhibition game against Clayton State and post their observations on here since there is no TV or online (or radio) broadcasts for the game.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Won the exhibition tonight against Clayton State 69-62. Lot to clean up though. Sloppy play against the full court press and a number of issues that focus should be able to fix. All in all glad to be back on the court. Hope to see more fans going forward.

Gtfan09

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes, it’s early and just an exhibition. I was expecting us to look sloppy but not that sloppy.

Just my honest opinion from what I watched tonight:
We had a hard time getting the ball inside to Hermosa. Our inside game was nonexistent. Love’s decision making is still suspect. Still lackadaisical. I think Ines (can’t pronounce her last name at all) is going to get a lot of minutes off the bench. She looked good. Keep an eye on her. Dunn looked good, except for at the free throw line. She missed a bunch at the charity stripe. Morgan is a good ball handler. Carter still gives 150% effort.

As a team, committed a lot of turnovers. I’m not sure what it is about this program, we still can’t shoot free throws (been a problem since the MaChelle Joseph days). We shot the ball pretty well from the field though. This Clayton State team was better than the one we scrimmaged last season. I think we’ll be fine once ACC play gets here but it’s gonna take this team some time to gel and get used to playing with each other. It wouldn’t surprise me to see us have 2-4 losses before January. UGA, @Auburn, @Belmont, @Michigan State, and the Thanksgiving tourney in Florida will all be very tough. My main concern is our inside game. Hermosa can be very timid at times but benefitted in the past from having Cubaj out there beside her. Seemed VERY weird not seeing Cubaj or Lahtinen out there. I was very surprised to see Aranaz not get any minutes tonight. Have to wonder if she was in trouble. She did dress out.

Gonna be an interesting season! Looking forward to the season opener next Thursday. Go Jackets!

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Since I was not present to see the game, there is not much I can add to what @Gtfan09 posted. My experience with exhibition games is that coaches have different objectives. As fans, we want the team to be in mid-season form. But, coaches want to answer questions about individual players or combinations on the floor. I don't get too worked up about the score unless the team lays an egg and leaves little room for optimism. I think we will be OK.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Early Signing Day, Ga. Tech:

Women’s Basketball​

NamePositionHeightHometownHigh School
Rusne AugustinaiteWing6-0Siauliai, LithuaniaMontverde Academy (Fla.)
Jada BediakoForward6-3Brampton, OntarioSouthwest Academy