2022-2023 Women's Basketball expectations

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Wondering what the rest of you think about our women's team's chances this year. I'm optimistic, I think we will surprise a lot of people. I think the incoming freshmen are about as good a recruiting class as we have seen under coach Nell. Tonie Morgan is probably the first true point guard we have had since Nell arrived. Boswell and Dunn are both accomplished scorers as new recruits and I'm curious to see what the spaniard Outeiral brings to the mix. With Swartz (top scorer ACC play last year) and Jackson as established ACC transfers and we probably have as deep a backcourt as I can remember. I'm hopeful that Hermosa and Love both show the growth that they each showed last year and I think we could have a very balanced scoring lineup from all five positions. Not forgetting the other returners like Carter, Aranaz and Bulane along with the other transfer Blackshear. it will be interesting to see how Coach Nell molds this team. I think we will see a much more up tempo style with all the added depth. Defensively we obviously lose a lot without Cubaj, but we should be much quicker overall. I think we might see more pressing and trapping on D in an attempt to speed other teams up and get us more tempo on offense.