2022-2023 Roster

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
41 on the current roster. One of the 41 out for the season Tommy John surgery. 40 remain. Pretty sure we have at least one roster “waiver” for a fifth year.

Thanks. Went back and bounced roster against my list and looked at D1 Portal Tracker. Any idea who the fifth year waiver is for? Someone who couldn't play in 2020 due to COVID?

Now we have these guys not on roster:
Signed - off 12/18/22 rosterJamieFelixOFR-R500 Overall, 141 OFFr
Portal Verbal - off 12/18/22 rosterDavisLomenickRHPR-RFollowFr
Portal Verbal - off 12/18/22 rosterKennethSchaedelOFR-R500 Overall, 96 OFFr
Portal Signed - off 12/18/22 rosterJayceBlalockOFR-R500 Overall, 110 OFFr
portal - off 12/18/22 rosterCamClinesRHPR/R128 RHPSo

Of these 5 four were Fr and only Cam Clines was a So. And he pitched against Jacksonville State. Only Jamie Felix isn't in D1 Transfer portal tracker and may show up there at some point.

The Google Docs roster above automatically changes when I updated so I didn't repeat.

Attachments

• 1671366570661.png
    1671366570661.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 20

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone want to take a stab at their guess of opening day lineup? Just curious who y’all see filling holes of those who left.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I think Dispigna starts in LF with Giesler at 1B. And my bet to open the season at P is Finley. If Finley doesn't bat at DH when he pitches I think we will see either Reid or Stanford there with the other in RF.

So my lineup would be:

CF Deleo
SS Jackson
RF Reid
LF Dispigna
3B Compton
DH Stanford
1B Giesler
C Rubenstein
2B Campbell
P Finley

I could see Campbell batting higher in the lineup, possibly even at the 2 spot but I think CDH likes having a guy in the 9 spot with some speed and ability to get on base before flipping the lineup back to the leadoff.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This site is pretty cool. Lots of useful information. $99 for a year is a tad much when you only need access for a few months of research when researching schools/rosters.

Looks like a young team with all that red. Like the stacked bar for incoming which has experience level.

But like you say, once you've seen it, not a lot until next year.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Carsten Sabathia - how many of our players are discussed on TMZ coming out of HS?

Happy new year!

After seeing that name earlier in this thread I thought to myself that the only time I've seen that last name in sports was from CC. Now, that's pretty cool.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here D1 has our 2022 Class at 13th. And a write up of the expected biggest impact players. Good to see the 3 "Headliners" all pitch.

Its going to be interesting to see how they all develop; and how they are used. Make every day a staff day!!! (tic somewhat)

Reading other teams, there are a lot of good players coming to college; the athletes just keep getting better. We need a good recruited class since we didn't hit the portal as hard (probably) this year. But we won't really know what we have till we paly ball. <5 weeks to Beesball!

13. Georgia Tech​

Georgia Tech

Recruiting Coordinator: James Ramsey

THE HEADLINERS: Two-way talent Riley Stanford (No. 91) is one of the most intriguing high-upside prospects to set foot on a college campus this year. A 6-foot-4, 235-pound Adonis, Stanford will be counted upon to pitch significant innings, which could limit his offensive opportunities, but his raw power from the right side is undeniable, and he has a chance to take off if he gets a shot in a corner outfield spot. Stanford reportedly touched 100 mph last summer in the Sunbelt League and topped out at 97 this fall, while showing a better slider than the coaches expected, and more overall polish. He’s got a chance to become a shutdown back-end power arm as he develops.

The other two key newcomers are high-profile freshmen Noah Samol (No. 101) and Luke Schmolke (No. 325), who will certainly occupy key roles in some form or another. Samol is a huge 6-foot-8, 242-pound lefthander with a long, loose arm swing to a high slot, making his 92-94 mph fastball play up even more due to the extreme downhill angle. He showed good feel for an 85-86 mph changeup in our fall look, using it to induce soft rollover contact against righties. At his best this fall, he was up to 94-96, but the development of his breaking ball will determine how prominent a role he steps into as a freshman.

Schmolke, a 6-foot, 184-pound righty who draws Ian Anderson comps from the coaching staff, is a loose athlete with a high slot that produced 90-91 mph heat in our fall look, though he can run his fastball up to 95. His signature pitch is a 12-to-6 hammer in the high 70s that can be a knee-buckler, and Hall said he has good feel for a changeup as well, a pitch he’s worked hard on.

CONTRIBUTORS: Carsten Sabathia, Parker Brosius (No. 303), Nico Senese (No. 283), Demetri Diamant (No. 331) and Brant Baughcum (No. 187) have all shown promise this fall and look like key building blocks for the future.

One look at the 6-foot-4, 240-pound Sabathia is all it takes to know his father is former major league great CC Sabathia; he’s a behemoth with righthanded raw power to match, and he could blossom into Tech’s next great slugger in time.

The speedy Brosius should carve out a role this year as a defensive replacement in the outfield and a pinch-runner, as he is one of the fastest runners in the program.

Diamont is a quick-twitch athlete in the middle infield with a short stroke from the right side and a quick arm that will also put him in the mix for innings off the mound — he has been up to 93 with good depth on his overhand curveball.

The wiry 6-foot-2 Senese is another legitimate shortstop with smooth actions and sure hands on the infield, and the Jackets think his bat could take off as he adds strength to his lean frame.

And Baughcum could be the third baseman of the future, with good defensive instincts and the ability to spray the ball all over the field from the right side.

RHP Carson Ballard bumped 91 in our fall look with heavy sink and mixed in a good sweeping slider and promising changeup.

— Aaron Fitt

GTBallfan

Georgia Tech Fan
Does anyone have access to this article?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Does anyone have access to this article?

Nope. We aren't in their top 25. 7 ACC teams are. Guess there's no reason to play the games. (tic)

That article of Top 50 seniors would be interesting. We haven't had one in a while probably (KP and Chandler were sophomores). Seniors are those guys who are good but not good enough to leave in the draft (or injured as Jrs).