2021 Uniform Debate

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GT purists will have a heart attack, but the redsign isn't all that bad. I would have kept the classic "GT" logo with updated font over the new designed helmet, but overall not a bad concept. The Yellow Jacket looks modern and more aggressive. BTW, THAT is how you do honeycomb. Very subtle and it works. We're #7 on the list.

If you're a Marvel fan, definitely worth a view. Lots of really cool Marvel re-imaginations.

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
This is the modern version of the 70s uniform.... this is basically what you're asking for.View attachment 10262

No thank you. This is an AWFUL look for the modern era. Once every 5 years as a throw back? Sure. Permanent? Hell no.
gross dumb and dumber GIF

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
1975 vs Navy. We won but it was close, like 14-3 or something.... We are in those horrible mesh jerseys that would cut you like concertina wire...... I got it, from top to bottom.... Breece, Herb, Alex, Leo, Pass, me...Danny at QB, Moriarity at FB, then Sims and Eddie Lee
While I was reading your list of names, I found myself smiling at the memories. Thanks.

Jolly Good Fellow
While I was reading your list of names, I found myself smiling at the memories. Thanks.
Well AB, you were there too, just not in the photo....
And we had Sims and Eddie Lee in same backfield! Two of best ever at GT (I got ELI at #1, Sims at #8, btw)....How did we lose a game?
Must have been our sorry POS OL......or our defense....probably both....LOL

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
.How did we lose a game?
The Cliff notes internet answer to your question follows:
1. Coaching
2. Schemes
3. Recruiting (or lack thereof)
4a. The Hill
4b. Calculus
5. Leaving the SEC
6. Noon kickoffs
7. Paul hewitt's contract
8. the ratio
9. Atlanta media bias
10. poor radio network

This handy checklist shall suffice for the next 5 to 6 coaching changes* and is provided free of charge with your Swarm membership.
*Or until we ourselves are on the other side of the dirt. Whichever comes first! :)

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well AB, you were there too, just not in the photo....
And we had Sims and Eddie Lee in same backfield! Two of best ever at GT (I got ELI at #1, Sims at #8, btw)....How did we lose a game?
Must have been our sorry POS OL......or our defense....probably both....LOL
I agree, ELI is the GOAT. We had great guys on both lines. Just not enough of them.

slugboy

Staff member
The Cliff notes internet answer to your question follows:
1. Coaching
2. Schemes
3. Recruiting (or lack thereof)
4a. The Hill
4b. Calculus
5. Leaving the SEC
6. Noon kickoffs
7. Paul hewitt's contract
8. the ratio
9. Atlanta media bias
10. poor radio network

This handy checklist shall suffice for the next 5 to 6 coaching changes* and is provided free of charge with your Swarm membership.
*Or until we ourselves are on the other side of the dirt. Whichever comes first! :)
11. Refs
12. Cheating
13. Bag men
14. Old grumpy fans who want to sit down during the game
15. The music (especially hip hop)
16. Money down signs
17. The NCAA is out to get us
18. Kids these days
19. We only practice 3 hours a week because of labs
20. Artificial turf
21. NIL
22. Our schedule is made by evil gnomes in the basement of the Alamo and is timed for us to lose
23. Sinclair Regional Sports Networks (Bally’s Sports South)
24. The ACCN
25. The forward pass was a bad idea
26. Our uniforms are the wrong shade of gold
27. The seating at Bobby Dodd stinks
28. Why don’t those people in the club section use their seats?
29. The band played the wrong songs
30. Thursday night games
31. The announcers have it in for us

Ok Mods you will probably move this to that SWAG thread but I think this deserves it's own. Normally from ACC days there is a picture of al the players in Jerseys. I didn't see one. Anybody have insight into whether we are getting a new design this year. I sure hope so. And of course this will devolve into posting old combinations and Supersize will weigh in saying no blue. By the way...I haven't seen him post lately.

And I need/want to buy a different jersey for this year.

Attachments

• Tech jerseys.jpg
    Tech jerseys.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 60

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
For some reason I seem to remember hearing that adidas will refresh uniform templates for us every 3 years, so I am expecting a new design to be unveiled soon.