2021 season tix

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Got a call today. Was told renewals will be here in a couple weeks.

I received the questionnaire today for season ticket holders. It was in my email

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I received the questionnaire today for season ticket holders. It was in my email
Me too. My one suggestion was that they experiment with a premium seating package that would go like this:
  • you would buy your normal season tickets
  • BUT, you would get the option at the time you purchase them to sign up for one game (ONLY) in a decent suite (not one of the end zone suites, which I hate).
  • Obviously, the game with the suite would be at a steep premium...but it is only one game and not an entire year so it might be affordable for some of us
  • the game we are in the suite GT could sell our regular tickets to others
  • First paid, first served
  • this might further increase demand for the suites since by experiencing them first hand, you might be more interested in them down the road
Bottom line here is I have NO idea if GT has trouble selling out the suites, but if they do (or of they can generate more revenue by doing this with one suite than just selling its normal seasonal rate), then why not try it? Further, I don't know how many suites GT keeps to itself for faculty etc. Maybe they should give up some of that space.....

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Me too. My one suggestion was that they experiment with a premium seating package that would go like this:
  • you would buy your normal season tickets
  • BUT, you would get the option at the time you purchase them to sign up for one game (ONLY) in a decent suite (not one of the end zone suites, which I hate).
  • Obviously, the game with the suite would be at a steep premium...but it is only one game and not an entire year so it might be affordable for some of us
  • the game we are in the suite GT could sell our regular tickets to others
  • First paid, first served
  • this might further increase demand for the suites since by experiencing them first hand, you might be more interested in them down the road
Bottom line here is I have NO idea if GT has trouble selling out the suites, but if they do (or of they can generate more revenue by doing this with one suite than just selling its normal seasonal rate), then why not try it? Further, I don't know how many suites GT keeps to itself for faculty etc. Maybe they should give up some of that space.....
I like that idea. I would do that for sure.

I said there should be a reward system for ST holders. I mentioned a lot of ST holders like to be involved with the team. More than just showing up on a Saturday and leaving. If we can earn points for attending a game (check in through an app) that build for rewards. This would be for things like signed footballs by coaches, walk through the facilities by a current coach, the GT gloves, you could use your points for an extra 25% off at the bookstore, and use points for discounted/free concessions. Each week you could enter with less points for a raffle. This would be good for an away game trip.

You would earn more points for checking in during each quarter of the game via gps location on your phone.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This past season I got moved to the upper East Stands from the West due to social distancing requirements. I really liked the upper East Stands. I would like to keep the seats I was in. Very good view of the field.
I agree. I sat there for years before to moving to lower West. The way the upper east sits out over the field makes it look like the game is in your living room.

The schedule is out ---
Sept. 4 vs. Northern Illinois
Sept. 11 vs. Kennesaw State
Sept. 18 at Clemson
Sept. 25 vs. North Carolina
Oct. 2 vs. Pittsburgh
Oct. 9 at Duke
Oct 16 OPEN
Oct. 23 at Virginia
Oct. 30 vs. Virginia Tech
Nov. 6 at Miami
Nov. 13 vs. Boston College
Nov. 20 at Notre Dame
Nov. 27 vs. Georgia

Interesting to note that no team, including the Yellow Jackets’ non-conference opponents, will have an open date before playing the Jackets.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I sat there for years before to moving to lower West. The way the upper east sits out over the field makes it look like the game is in your living room.
Upper East was seniors and grad students when I was in school. Great view of the field. You could really see plays developing. Senior section was near the fifty. I have been to a few games in upper west and those are not as good in my opinion. The best thing they could do is to add seat backs of some sort. Those upper decks are really steep.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
The schedule is out ---
Sept. 4 vs. Northern Illinois
Sept. 11 vs. Kennesaw State
Sept. 18 at Clemson
Sept. 25 vs. North Carolina
Oct. 2 vs. Pittsburgh
Oct. 9 at Duke
Oct 16 OPEN
Oct. 23 at Virginia
Oct. 30 vs. Virginia Tech
Nov. 6 at Miami
Nov. 13 vs. Boston College
Nov. 20 at Notre Dame
Nov. 27 vs. Georgia

Interesting to note that no team, including the Yellow Jackets’ non-conference opponents, will have an open date before playing the Jackets.
Got the SHAFT, as usual!!!! (tic)