2021 NCAA Golf Regionals

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Today should just be a formality. Do todays results effect seeding(?) for the championship?

I expect if we play today under par* we will move on to the championship with ease.

Thats a little premature. Especially since it appears that we’re only playing with 4 guys. So no safety net of dropping the worst score.

Deleted member 2897

Thats a little premature. Especially since it appears that we’re only playing with 4 guys. So no safety net of dropping the worst score.

Not a single guy (top 4 plus our #6 that we swapped in) over par on the front 9. Nobody's blazing a trail either, but that's some pretty damned consistent golf right there. That's all we likely need. Teams are starting to stack up in the #5 spot with 4 teams now within a couple strokes, but as of right now we've got a big 7 stroke gap over them.

Sadly, georgia is blitzing the tougher back half of the course, so they may make a play for 2nd overall when all is said and done.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

Its either this or Dickson’s replacement has literally parred his first 10 holes. I thought they were just nullifying his score, but the team score appears to be including his now so maybe he really is even stevens.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Officially rampaging.

84AEEFD4-2055-467F-AF11-B650F95ED74F.jpeg

GT1988

Jolly Good Fellow
Finished the day -3. That back nine is rough. Fell to 3rd with uga in 2nd. They have a couple holes left.

Deleted member 2897

We always crash at the end of a tournament. No idea why. Days and days of great golf and then hand a bunch of strokes over at the end.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
So what happens next? Do all the top 5 of each regional move to another tournament or does it move into a bracket style?
I read that 30 teams head to the championship round in AZ at Greyhawk? golf club. 3 days of stroke play like they had for the regionals. Then top 8 teams are seeded accordingly and move to a match play bracket to find the best team.