2021 Game dates

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Can someone tell me when the game DATES (not times) will be published for the 2021 schedule?

ACC usually announces football schedule in mid/late January. Not sure if COVID will have any impact on "normal" for this kind of thing or not.

ETA... we already know this much:

Sept. 4 vs. Northern Illinois
Sept. 11 vs. Kennesaw State
Nov. 20 at Notre Dame
Nov. 27 vs. Georgia

ACC Home: Boston College, North Carolina, Pitt, Virginia Tech
ACC Away: Clemson, Duke, Miami, Virginia

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
ACC usually announces football schedule in mid/late January. Not sure if COVID will have any impact on "normal" for this kind of thing or not.

ETA... we already know this much:

Sept. 4 vs. Northern Illinois
Sept. 11 vs. Kennesaw State
Nov. 20 at Notre Dame
Nov. 27 vs. Georgia

ACC Home: Boston College, North Carolina, Pitt, Virginia Tech
ACC Away: Clemson, Duke, Miami, Virginia
You sure uga is @ home?

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
With the COVID schedule this year and having Notre Dame in the conference, has anyone heard if the ACC will keep the conference divisions the same as before once it all goes back to "normal"? If there was ever a time to rebalance the divisions, now is the time.

I'd like to see them balance it so rivals are in the same division and then get rid of the permanent cross-over game. With 2 rotational games means that we'll play every cross team at least once every 4 years and not once every 6 years like it was before.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
With the COVID schedule this year and having Notre Dame in the conference, has anyone heard if the ACC will keep the conference divisions the same as before once it all goes back to "normal"? If there was ever a time to rebalance the divisions, now is the time.

I'd like to see them balance it so rivals are in the same division and then get rid of the permanent cross-over game. With 2 rotational games means that we'll play every cross team at least once every 4 years and not once every 6 years like it was before.
If this year showed us anything (across CFB)... conference divisions are really unnecessary and create problems for CCG matchups. (see SEC... A&M left out). Divisions need to be GONE. Rotate through all 13 opponents over time and TOP 2 get into ACCCG.

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't think that is possible with 7 teams in a division, unless two teams gave up a rivalry. Works with 6 and 8 team divisions but not 7.

My suggestion would be for VT and Boston college to give up theirs. Then you could have the following two divisions:

Clemson, GT, NC, NC State, Pitt, Syracuse, BC
Miami, FSU, Louisville, VA, VPI, Duke, Wake (VA and VPI are required by VA law to play every year, so would have to be in same division)

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Don't think that is possible with 7 teams in a division, unless two teams gave up a rivalry. Works with 6 and 8 team divisions but not 7.

My suggestion would be for VT and Boston college to give up theirs. Then you could have the following two divisions:

Clemson, GT, NC, NC State, Pitt, Syracuse, BC
Miami, FSU, Louisville, VA, VPI, Duke, Wake (VA and VPI are required by VA law to play every year, so would have to be in same division)

Without really factoring in strength of divisions the following makes some sense to me.

UNC, NCSU, Duke, Wake, UVA, VT, BC.

and

GT, Clemson, FSU, Miami, UL, Pitt, Syracuse

NC4 get their rivalries. GT, Clemson, FSU, and Miami have to be relatively happy playing each other. VT and BC get to maintain whatever rivalry they have. UL, Pitt, and Cuse don't really have many natural rivalries in conference although I'm not really familiar with what their fanbases would think about it.

Realistically, I think the ACC needs to add ND +1 relatively northern team and go the NC4 +Clemson, GT, Miami, and FSU to make a north/south split. Honestly, adding WVU and ND and doing that is my personal pick, but w/e.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
Our overall record may be better in this division mix up, but it will be much harder for us to get into the ACC Game by winning the division if Clemson is in ours.

Maybe top 2 records get in like this year?

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
UNC would be a good guess. I would think the ranked teams we will face next year will be Clemson, GA, Miami, UNC and maybe Pittsburgh in that order. Clemson and Miami are on the road. Georgia going to MBS would be a major pro Georgia crowd and would cause mutiny in our fanbase. So UNC makes the most sense and they have a lot of alumni in Atlanta.