2021 Baseball Season

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I am grateful for this Forum and those who contribute to it. I always look forward to the insights and lively discussion about what seems to be a passion for all of us. Especially grateful for the thread for ticket exchange this year. I was the grateful recipient of other's generosity and as a result got the supreme enjoyment of seeing a Tech victory over ugag, which is one of the finer pleasures in life.

I too will miss the following the Jackets although they often drove me crazy this year. Looking forward to some good off season banter and a place in the CWS next year.

SJ

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Great season! can’t wait until next year. Xander Stephens, Ben King, and Jackson Finley will be back from their injuries and will definitely add depth to our pitching staff. Rumor has it GT will be active in the Transfer Portal for some more proven pitching. The Rich will definitely get richer! Pretty exciting times on the flats.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
A couple additions to transfer portal...

Screenshot_20210611-171921_Chrome.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A couple additions to transfer portal...

View attachment 10700

Is there a 1 July transfer deadline this year? Right now, its anytime. But if you want to transfer, you want to go when other teams are looking and before the school year. So I expect all our guys who want to transfer to enter by mid-July or so.

I'm pretty sure the 1 July deadline starts next year (1 July 2022 for transfer for the 2022-2023 school year).

Last edited:

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I am grateful for this Forum and those who contribute to it. I always look forward to the insights and lively discussion about what seems to be a passion for all of us. Especially grateful for the thread for ticket exchange this year. I was the grateful recipient of other's generosity and as a result got the supreme enjoyment of seeing a Tech victory over ugag, which is one of the finer pleasures in life.

I too will miss the following the Jackets although they often drove me crazy this year. Looking forward to some good off season banter and a place in the CWS next year.

SJ
Indeed - a fun forum to follow - this was the first season I "discovered" it and it was fun to compare thoughts with other GT fans. Appreciated all the quality contributions and personalities involved. I too benefitted from the Ticket Exchange for one early season game which was our first live sporting event attendance since Covid which was healing for the soul! One can distinctly feel and share the GT fan emotions associated with both the W's and the L's...

Watching some of the Super Regionals it becomes even more obvious how much better our pitching needs to be to reach that level. Frankly, this team over-achieved IMO making the Regionals and winning two games relative to the poor quality of their pitching results. Granted, I had (mistakenly) higher expectations than ever for our pitching staff coming into the season - so in my case, the team underperformed relative to my expectations of how good I thought our pitching staff would be. Yet another example of kids trained to throw hard with good spin rates but lacking control. So many BB's, HBP's and WP's... Encouraged by the references to pitcher's coming in next year...

Will be fun to follow some of the players in summer leagues (might get to the Cape this summer) but otherwise, it's on to GT football season/forum with higher expectations this season also! And of course we can't forget Fall ball to get that first glimpse of the new players... Here's to a great summer for all...

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of transfer portal... Gardner-Webb has 22 on it?

What's going on there?
  • LaSalle has 31
  • Missouri has 18 (just fired their Pitching Coach and hired in a stud I heard)
  • NC Central has 31
  • Radford has 16 (old UVA Asst Coach went there 2 years ago)

1624018137129.png

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Speaking of transfer portal... Gardner-Webb has 22 on it?

What's going on there?
  • LaSalle has 31
  • Missouri has 18 (just fired their Pitching Coach and hired in a stud I heard)
  • NC Central has 31
  • Radford has 16 (old UVA Asst Coach went there 2 years ago)

View attachment 10722
budgetary cancelled programs most of them casualties of COVID 19

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
budgetary cancelled programs most of them casualties of COVID 19
After the Covid exception year where teams were allowed to exceed the normal roster limits, It could also be a case of some coaching staffs being up front with their kids and telling them that they are not part of the reduced roster for the coming season and giving them a chance to find another home to play before it gets too late in the process. As a player, I would prefer that approach to being hung out to dry at the last minute when it's too late to find a team.