2021 Baseball Schedule

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
A bit of a silly exercise here... but I cut the schedule up in the 5ths (3-week / 10-ish game chunks). At quick glance... the 1st 3 weeks is the toughest (esp ACC-wise)...nothing easy about this schedule. Will be a grind. If they manage to keep the losses to an average of about 3-4 every 3 weeks (doable I think).... that's a pretty good season. 30-35 wins and 15-20 losses.

*ACC games

11 Games
EKU x3
Mercer
*at NCST x3
Ga State
*LOU x3

10 Games
*PITT x3
Ga Southern
*at WF x3
*at DUKE x3

11 Games
*UVA x3
SC-Upstate
*at ND x3
Auburn
*at VT x3

11 Games
at Ga State
*FSU x3
at UGA
Kennesaw St x3
*CLEM x3

9-11 Games
*at MIA x3
UGA
*UNC x3
*ACC Tourney x(2-4)
Fred, Fred, Fred....c’mon, man. We’re goin’ 50-3!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Quick scan of the Sun Belt review from D1. Of our Sun Belt opponents... both Ga State and Ga Southern are projected in the bottom half of their division. Additionally, D1 puts the Sun Belt teams in one of 3 categories:
1) Projected Regional Team - Texas St only
2) Keep an Eye On - several teams
3) The Rest of the Pack - both Ga State and Ga Southern fall here.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Quick scan of SEC preview from D1. Our opponents... both UGA and Auburn project in bottom half of their divisions. The big difference there is they are also both projected as Regional Teams. D1 is high on the SEC. ...probably justifiably so. D1 is projecting 11 SEC teams to make the post-season.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A bit of a silly exercise here... but I cut the schedule up in the 5ths (3-week / 10-ish game chunks). At quick glance... the 1st 3 weeks is the toughest (esp ACC-wise)...nothing easy about this schedule. Will be a grind. If they manage to keep the losses to an average of about 3-4 every 3 weeks (doable I think).... that's a pretty good season. 30-35 wins and 15-20 losses.

*ACC games

11 Games
EKU x3
Mercer
*at NCST x3
Ga State
*LOU x3

10 Games
*PITT x3
Ga Southern
*at WF x3
*at DUKE x3

11 Games
*UVA x3
SC-Upstate
*at ND x3
Auburn
*at VT x3

11 Games
at Ga State
*FSU x3
at UGA
Kennesaw St x3
*CLEM x3

9-11 Games
*at MIA x3
UGA
*UNC x3
*ACC Tourney x(2-4)

Silly? Like Alice and the Mad Hatter make more sense than trying to figure out what's going to happen.

In previous years, we had continuity of data from GT play to summer ball to fall ball. All that has been disrupted and everyone is flying blinder than usual. Or at least I am clueless.

Notwithstanding my competence, I think we go 20-10 in the ACC Regular season.

Quick scan of SEC preview from D1. Our opponents... both UGA and Auburn project in bottom half of their divisions. The big difference there is they are also both projected as Regional Teams. D1 is high on the SEC. ...probably justifiably so. D1 is projecting 11 SEC teams to make the post-season.

Reading the entire article, D1 baseball has a mighty high opinion of the SEC. We'll see. In OOC 2020 play, the SEC did really well. So it's pointless to argue, we just need to win our OOC games!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So, I have signed up for being contacted about the new Premium Seating offerings. I have not been a season ticket holder because (1) we typically travel extensively in the winter to get away from the cold; and (2) even when we are at home, the games are often too chilly for this old fart. But the Premium Seating options sound like maybe they have added some environmentally controlled areas that would make it worth my while...especially as travel is out for us this year.

Any idea when GT will open it up and get in touch with me about the new options?

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Go to Ramblinwreck.com and look under baseball ticket sales. They also give a phone number to talk to a person, which I did. I signed up for season tickets last week. It's easy and I am 77 years old

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Go to Ramblinwreck.com and look under baseball ticket sales. They also give a phone number to talk to a person, which I did. I signed up for season tickets last week. It's easy and I am 77 years old

So, I have signed up for being contacted about the new Premium Seating offerings. I have not been a season ticket holder because (1) we typically travel extensively in the winter to get away from the cold; and (2) even when we are at home, the games are often too chilly for this old fart. But the Premium Seating options sound like maybe they have added some environmentally controlled areas that would make it worth my while...especially as travel is out for us this year.

Any idea when GT will open it up and get in touch with me about the new options?

Love people who make me feel young!

Which sport has older fans, golf or baseball?

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Opening Days around the country....

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Opening Days around the country....

I'm rooting for us and Miami over Florida. The SEC love is enough to give a person diabetes.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Quietly... the ACC updated their website. It looks like the ACC Tournament will be in Charlotte. I've seen no announcement.
Thought it might have something to do with minor league scheduling issues that forced the move from Durham to Charlotte, but both Durham and Charlotte are on the road from the ACCT dates of May 25-30. Then thought it might have something to do with increasing the numbers fans able to be in the park with a limited capacity. But Charlotte holds 10,200 and Durham holds 10,000 even, so that doesn’t seem feasible either. Given those 2 facts I’m not sure why they would move the tournament, especially with no public announcement.

I know a year or 2 ago there were talks of the host site being fluid, or moving to a member school’s campus because MiLB was going to do away with scheduling workarounds for outside events. But even that doesn’t seem to be the case since Durham and Charlotte are both on the road for that week

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Thought it might have something to do with minor league scheduling issues that forced the move from Durham to Charlotte, but both Durham and Charlotte are on the road from the ACCT dates of May 25-30. Then thought it might have something to do with increasing the numbers fans able to be in the park with a limited capacity. But Charlotte holds 10,200 and Durham holds 10,000 even, so that doesn’t seem feasible either. Given those 2 facts I’m not sure why they would move the tournament, especially with no public announcement.

I know a year or 2 ago there were talks of the host site being fluid, or moving to a member school’s campus because MiLB was going to do away with scheduling workarounds for outside events. But even that doesn’t seem to be the case since Durham and Charlotte are both on the road for that week
I believe it was Charlotte's to lose (in 2021) since it never happened in Charlotte in 2020 (as planned). All the rest of your points are valid/correct.

I think Durham is ACC's preferred location, but as you noted MiLB made that no guarantee heading into 2020. Durhan's proximity to NCST & UNC (relatively big fan bases) as well as Duke & Wake makes it a good spot. Games involving UNC or NCST in Durham during tournament draw waaaaay more fans than any other teams.

I was told by a Charlotte MiLB season ticket holder, current capacity is limited to 7% (around 700 fans). I hope by end of May, that limit is loosened a bit.