2021 Atlanta Braves

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If kg03 has any pink toys missing, they can be found on the Braves bench. Why did they take them out on the field during the walk off single? These are grown men playing with ezy-bake-oven spatchulas, cake cutters, and I might want to be a pirate one day.

Rosario 4 for 5, taking Soler’s leadoff spot. He hit for the cycle last month on five pitches.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If kg03 has any pink toys missing, they can be found on the Braves bench. Why did they take them out on the field during the walk off single? These are grown men playing with ezy-bake-oven spatchulas, cake cutters, and I might want to be a pirate one day.

Rosario 4 for 5, taking Soler’s leadoff spot. He hit for the cycle last month on five pitches.
Kg03 is into pink corvettes at this point, so she'll surely not miss the pink ez bake accessories.

Did you guys see my guy Riley comin up clutch onc again?

:cool:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kg03 is into pink corvettes at this point, so she'll surely not miss the pink ez bake accessories.

Did you guys see my guy Riley comin up clutch onc again?

:cool:
Your boy Riley scorched that baby at 111 mph off the bat. They’re trying to give him a heavy diet of breaking pitches, I’m glad your man, Free-man, hit a fly ball to LF. Didn’t he have 7 or 8 straight K’s? Baby steps.
Speaking of which, you and kg02 are getting her into sports cars this early? We know where the college fund is going. Can you believe the avg. price of a new car is 45k? Hope Riley wins the MVP of the WS, to get the free vehicle or any Brave does.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Your boy Riley scorched that baby at 111 mph off the bat. They’re trying to give him a heavy diet of breaking pitches, I’m glad your man, Free-man, hit a fly ball to LF. Didn’t he have 7 or 8 straight K’s? Baby steps.
Speaking of which, you and kg02 are getting her into sports cars this early? We know where the college fund is going. Can you believe the avg. price of a new car is 45k? Hope Riley wins the MVP of the WS, to get the free vehicle or any Brave does.

Sir, I asked 03 what kind of car she wants. She said, "Well dad, I guess I want a porsche .. or a chevy."

I thought, "Hmm ok, I guess I can work with a little chevy hatchback or something."

She said, "They don't make hatchback corvettes, dad".

:cautious:

Anyways, back on topic ... the Braves' history in LA is pretty scary. As has Fred's recent run at the plate. Hope both change starting in game 3.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
@kg01, please ask Snit to put your other boy Freddie in the 3 hole. Doubt he will, maybe for you? I like Ozzie second.

CincyMet; Did you know Henry Aaron hired Snit for Atl.?
Seeing that 44 in the CF grass, is making me believe this is the Braves postseason. You started me by linking Milwaukee-Atlanta-Hank together in 2021.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Boston is 2-1. Two left in Fenway and two in Houston, if needed.
I didn’t care for all of the Braves playoff games being played in Texas last season.

Fred, I’m mortified at what’s happened to the Nats. & having to face Turner and Scherzer in this series. I keep thinking about our WS Championship that wasn’t so long ago.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Boston is 2-1. Two left in Fenway and two in Houston, if needed.
I didn’t care for all of the Braves playoff games being played in Texas last season.

Fred, I’m mortified at what’s happened to the Nats. & having to face Turner and Scherzer in this series. I keep thinking about our WS Championship that wasn’t so long ago.
Nats did a "selloff" at deadline the right way. You shouldn't halfway do those. We'll see if it pans out.

I'll forever be a fan of Turner & Scherzer. They are great baseball players.

OTOH... Most around here believe Soto (& agent Boris) will command more $$ than Nats are willing to pay. They've never paid a position player (see Harper & Rendon & Turner ) their "big" contract before... everyone is resigned to the "enjoy him [Soto] while we can" mantra.

& GO BRAVES! I want to see Freeman get his WS. He's the Ryan Zimmerman of your organization. Guys like that deserve good things!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
This reminds me of your fantastic second half record in 2019, Fred….
August 1st through seasons end, the Braves went 36-19 (.655), a 106 win pace.

Will Smith is already some kind of Catcher, with the glove, arm and bat!
I would trade our Will for their Will. Let Matzek close ‘em out.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Georgia sports teams man!

It didn't reach that point for me. That they were able to regain control after that 1st inning was remarkable. It was house money after that, to me. The loss was what was supposed to happen, in my mind.

Dang that sounds weird and existential. I should grow a scraggly beard and put on thick glasses I don't actually need. Embrace my inner millennial. :geek:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
No one has ever had two 4 hit games in an NLCS? Eddie Rosario has done it, and the series isn’t over yet. 2 HR’s for him tonight!

@kg01 ; They took the pink rubber blade toys away from Heredia. EZ bakes my heart. The pearls of wisdom remain on the Jocster.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
No one has ever had two 4 hit games in an NLCS? Eddie Rosario has done it, and the series isn’t over yet. 2 HR’s for him tonight!

@kg01 ; They took the pink rubber blade toys away from Heredia. EZ bakes my heart. The pearls of wisdom remain on the Jocster.
When the score was 5-2 going into the 8th I thought, "Surely we are not going to repeat last night."

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
When the score was 5-2 going into the 8th I thought, "Surely we are not going to repeat last night."
I was literally praying that Snit would let Minter go 2 innings, so we could avoid Puke Jackson(he’s like loading up your gas can and placing it right up to the fireplace). Felt strongly that Matzek would pitch the 8th and Will the Thrill the ninth. So glad he didn’t put the few that were left for the ninth, other than Smith or Webb.