2021 Atlanta Braves

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Jorge Sole’r is out with the coronapearlitis, probably for 10 days.
Joctober, the pearls of wisdom is in the lineup today.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Root for LA to take their division series vs. SF, because….
No wild card team can have home field advantage in a L.C.S.

Braves would only have 3 Truist games vs, Frisco. Would have 4 vs. Dodgers.
Also, Clayton Kershaw is done this month via injury.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Haha, official that called that "check" swing(sic) in the Giants game had to have been the same dude that called Duvall out on that ball that bounced twice on the dirt before rolling into the Brewers' guy's glove.

They were like, "Aye Braves, you thought bad calls couldn't get worse? Hold my beer."

slugboy

Staff member
For historians that come back and look at this
  1. Yikes
  2. The Braves won the NLDS on Wednesday and the LA Dodgers won their half last night, and they’re set to play in the NLCS

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Even though Im a Dodger fan, props to the manager of the Giants. He didn't whine, took the loss like a man. NEVER LET A GAME REST ON THE SHULDERS OF AN UMP OR OFFICIAL.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Add three hours to the listed times, which are Pacific Time:
All NLCS start times are out. Game 1: Saturday, 5:08 p.m. PT Game 2: Sunday, 4:38 p.m. Game 3: Tuesday, 2:08 p.m. Game 4: Wednesday, 5:08 p.m. Game 5*: Thursday, 5:08 p.m. Game 6*: Oct. 23, 2:08 p.m. Game 7*: Oct. 24, 4:38 pm

First two, last two games will be in Atlanta.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Buddy, there were people on here that were literally arguing with me every day. No way he ends up a clean-up hitter, he won’t hit for average, can’t hit 20 HR’s let alone 30, he will strike out more than he can get hits every season, and his defense will be affected. I said he will be a star before 25. He’s 24. His swing gave it away for me. Sure MLB pitching adjusted to him, they do to everybody.

Do you know in the second half of the season, he had more hits than anyone else in the league this year? It’s true.

I know he’s a team guy, but the Braves should have never thrown him out in LF while he was trying to figure out the pitchers. He played hurt in the past too.
What did he play, 160 of 161 games this year? Troy Glaus could never have done that. And I said repeatedly, Austin would compare to Troy in the least. He reminds me of Mike Trout, with his cut and his build. They laughed me off this site or tried to do it.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Buddy, there were people on here that were literally arguing with me every day. No way he ends up a clean-up hitter, he won’t hit for average, can’t hit 20 HR’s let alone 30, he will strike out more than he can get hits every season, and his defense will be affected. I said he will be a star before 25. He’s 24. His swing gave it away for me. Sure MLB pitching adjusted to him, they do to everybody.

Do you know in the second half of the season, he had more hits than anyone else in the league this year? It’s true.

I know he’s a team guy, but the Braves should have never thrown him out in LF while he was trying to figure out the pitchers. He played hurt in the past too.
What did he play, 160 of 161 games this year? Troy Glaus could never have done that. And I said repeatedly, Austin would compare to Troy in the least. He reminds me of Mike Trout, with his cut and his build. They laughed me off this site or tried to do it.
I never thought he would be this type of hitter. I was thinking .250-.265 with 30+ HR. He went way past those expectations.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Only question is do I double down on my wrongness or do I reverse heel turn and act like I was always on the bandwagon?

You'll have your answer soon ...
I never thought he would be this type of hitter. I was thinking .250-.265 with 30+ HR. He went way past those expectations.
Ah yeah, I always saw this comin.

:cool:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
They don’t count post-season HR’s or stats, so Riley sits at 59 w/a .272 avg.
Trust me, those numbers are going to balloon. I look for the Braves to lock him up and give out some Acuna money long term. Freddie Freeman struck out 4 times last night. Baseball can humble you. Anderson was the #3 overall pick in 2016 and the Dodgers are in the middle of a big first inning against him.