2021 Atlanta Braves

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Braves did good today
Rodriguez has 14 saves 2.82 ERA
Soler had 48 HR in 2019
Yep and basically gave up nothing to get all these guys. Wilson and Jackson both have potential, but are blocked right now so they should get a decent chance with their new clubs.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Color me unimpressed by the Braves moves. The pickups don't really seem all that much better than what we had on hand. Duvall and Pederson were hitting 0.230 with their respective teams. Soler is hitting below 0.200 at KC and strikes out a TON. Hard for me to see the improvement in our offense with that....

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Color me unimpressed by the Braves moves. The pickups don't really seem all that much better than what we had on hand. Duvall and Pederson were hitting 0.230 with their respective teams. Soler is hitting below 0.200 at KC and strikes out a TON. Hard for me to see the improvement in our offense with that....
Look at the difference in production, not just average.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
So we basically lost Almonte, Panda, Heredia and Newcomb and gained Soler, Rodriguez, Rosario and Duvall.

Soon, we’ll get back D’Arneaud and Anderson.

This could get interesting.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Love these additions. Duvall is who he is and I'm glad that we didn't re-sign him in the offseason, but with injuries we definitely need him now. I also wanted to sign Rosario in the offseason, but it didn't come to pass. He's only a rental, but he definitely strengthens the bench for the rest of the season. Also, I really like that we went after guys who didn't cost much in terms of prospects, and we can have Duvall and Pederson for next year because of their options which will provide depth and strengthen the bench for next year.
But no more Panda hugs after HR's... You can't discount how much getting hugged by Pablo with an oversized Panda head meant to the rest of the guys in the clubhouse.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Panda got released right after the trade yesterday. I guess Cleveland was trying to dump Rosario and his prorated season salary of 2, 796, 000. He’s a UFA in 2022.

@THWG is spot on. Braves usage of Wilson, Jackson was not continual. Without looking it up, Bryse got less than 15 starts all totaled with Atlanta and Jackson wasn’t even worth bumping Kevan Smith or Lecroy before his DFA. Also, he brought up production, which was correct for what A.A. wanted for the price. Duvall won a gold glove with Cincy and can play CF. He’s at 22 HR, 69 RBI. Other than 2020, his batting average has typically been where it is now. Pederson is around 13 & 48, and L.A. had platooned him constantly during his time there. Rosario has a strong arm and far above average defensively. Solar had good NL numbers in the past. In his 48 HR year(which is the most in a KC season ever), he hit inter league pitching really well. Rodriguez’ ERA has been over 5.00 since May, but was 0.45 prior. He might be better used without 2 inning stint closes.

Forgive me for not paying attention to most of the fonts in the Braves Thread on Swarm. I argued with several the last few years on Riley. Defensively, he never let a slump affect his game. Always hustled. Look at his almost perfect swing. It was pitch selection and a young guy tuning out too much advice, while adjusting to MLB. I’ll give @kg01 credit, he ate a little crow.

Wilson is going to have a career. He needs to pitch. Koufax was awful, before 27.
Bryse can always end up in the bullpen, too. Kyle Wright, needs to get steady innings in the Bigs.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
But no more Panda hugs after HR's... You can't discount how much getting hugged by Pablo with an oversized Panda head meant to the rest of the guys in the clubhouse.
How about let’s give his Mendoza batting average to the Mets? It might cost you the pennant. Half the time or more a cop was wearing the suit while Panda had a cool snack in the clubhouse. I can put a pillow below my chest inside my shirt and take up one of your roster spots. Problem is at 62 in August, I can probably hit better than him, even with the pillow. Lol 😂

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
How about let’s give his Mendoza batting average to the Mets? It might cost you the pennant. Half the time or more a cop was wearing the suit while Panda had a cool snack in the clubhouse. I can put a pillow below my chest inside my shirt and take up one of your roster spots. Problem is at 62 in August, I can probably hit better than him, even with the pillow. Lol 😂

- Never understood the fascination with hugging that dude anyways. Seemed weird. Plus, after hitting what 2 big homers in like the 1st week of the season what else did he contribute?
- Yeah, I ate a little crow on Riley and did so happily. Hope I'm dead wrong there ... but it still seems the Barves need a high-level starter more .....
- Interesting to hear how critical Brian Jordan, and the follower Carey (who I can't stand), were on the broadcast the last few days. Took quite a few thinly veiled shots at the Barves manager. Particularly his lack of strategery after wins, which Jordan cited as contributing to the inconsistency in the w/l record.

Can you take that stupid pillow outta yer shirt and give me your thoughts, Buzzb?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Rodriguez has pitched 3 scoreless innings. Soler has been on fire. Duvall, steady and he’s saved 4 defensive runs this year. Rosario getting ready to rehab. D’Arnaud is about ready with Anderson and Ynoa. I think this is meeting most of the needs, @kg01 . Nothing can be done about Soroka, Ozuna for this year.

Here is next year’s schedule:

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Rodriguez has pitched 3 scoreless innings. Soler has been on fire. Duvall, steady and he’s saved 4 defensive runs this year. Rosario getting ready to rehab. D’Arnaud is about ready with Anderson and Ynoa. I think this is meeting most of the needs, @kg01 . Nothing can be done about Soroka, Ozuna for this year.

I saw that Ozuna had the charges changed from felony to misdemeanor. Does that mean he might come back this year? Would the Braves/MLB let him?

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I saw that Ozuna had the charges changed from felony to misdemeanor. Does that mean he might come back this year? Would the Braves/MLB let him?
We wont see Ozuna until the MLB's investigation is complete. After that there is definitely a chance the Braves keep him on the roster. No way to know for sure. He'll probably serve a suspension at the beginning of next season in line with the other recent domestic violence incidents in the MLB.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Is anyone awake on here? What’s happened to this site?
Braves scored 6 in the 8th with 2 outs and 2 strikes on Riley, and then he homers to tie it. Atlanta wins 8-4, and goes over .500 for the FIRST TIME this year!
1 1/2 back…ready to get the silver slugger catcher(we’ve tried 7 of them this season)back, plus two starters. Whew Whoo or is it Whoo Hooo??

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

That Rodriguez guy looks like a serial killer ... and I love it. Never knew why they gave up on Duvall. That dude usually delivers.

Is anyone awake on here? What’s happened to this site?
Braves scored 6 in the 8th with 2 outs and 2 strikes on Riley, and then he homers to tie it. Atlanta wins 8-4, and goes over .500 for the FIRST TIME this year!
1 1/2 back…ready to get the silver slugger catcher(we’ve tried 7 of them this season)back, plus two starters. Whew Whoo or is it Whoo Hooo??
I kept wondering why the Cardinals wouldn't take that dude out after he'd faced the 3 minimum batters. He was comically bad.

... and, yes, I saw Riley step up (yet again). When you eat crow, do you have to eat the feathers too? :confused:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
No feathers for you my good Buddy. The little one you have probably stuffs the yellow ones from his Sesame Street Big Bird toy in your mouth too much.

Riley and Swanson are elite fielders. To me, they both hit enough for left side infielders. I don’t understand how true baseball people want them traded? Makes no sense. Salaries are reasonable, particularly with control. Good strong arms, great glove men, very few errors and fine production numbers on offense. And they get around the bases easily.

Anyone heard from Mike? I keep trying to reach him. Too long for a lost password.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Alex really did a great job getting these newbys! I don't even think about Acuna! When we get Arnado back the line up will be the best that I can remember!! The pitching staff is doing very good also! And Buzz out shortstop and 3rd baseman are great though art!!!

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
No feathers for you my good Buddy. The little one you have probably stuffs the yellow ones from his Sesame Street Big Bird toy in your mouth too much.

Riley and Swanson are elite fielders. To me, they both hit enough for left side infielders. I don’t understand how true baseball people want them traded? Makes no sense. Salaries are reasonable, particularly with control. Good strong arms, great glove men, very few errors and fine production numbers on offense. And they get around the bases easily.

Anyone heard from Mike? I keep trying to reach him. Too long for a lost password.
Nothing from Mike in a long time. Have wondered about him as well. I know he used to be very active, but he is also up there in years. Hopefully he is just taking a hiatus but that would be surprising given his normal activity.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Well, I pooh-poohed the deadline additions, but something now seems different about this Braves team. Reminds me of years prior when being behind early wasn't a death sentence. Another comeback win last night for 4 in a row.

Getting interesting again.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves announced Wednesday morning that they’ve reinstated catcher Travis d’Arnaud from the 60-day injured list and opened a spot on the roster by designating fellow backstop Kevan Smith for assignment.

3 over .500 and 1 game back of the Pillies.