2021 Atlanta Braves

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Austin Riley hitting .326 coming into tonight’s game, with a runner in scoring position w/ 2 outs.

Nice 2-1 Braves win over S.D., who has previously scored 41 runs in their last 3 games.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Charlie Morton will be 9-3 after tonight, unless the ‘pen blows up again. He has 11 quality starts. 17 games where he has pitched over 5 innings. ERA is slightly over 3. With any quality relief, he would be in the 12-15 win category.

Drew Smyly is 7-3 4.50, although in 12 of his starts, 5 innings or more. Again, 10 wins right at the break, could have been with the 2020 bullpen.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Continuing with the starting pitching…
Max Fried falls to 7-6 with a 4.46 ERA. He gets on base, no problem.
He‘s been much better since May 5th. Our offense just isn’t good enough to overcome 5 runs like tonight, consistently. Max set the bar high after last year, basically pitching as a #1 starter.

Hopefully, Ian Anderson can blame his inconsistency on injury. And return, as the guy from 2020.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Phil’s nephew and Joe’s son…

Braves have signed 19 draft picks and 2 undrafted. Only Ty Evans from U. of Florida isn’t signed, nor is he expected to.

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Surprise, the walking wounded lives on…

Drew Waters has homered 3 times, in the last 3 games. Two, batting LH.
Also, Travis Demeritte deserves a shot in Atlanta. Freddie Tarnok at MississippI, has pitched well.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Atlanta seeking a quality reliever before deadline at 4 p.m. today.
Were in it until the end on Joey Gallo, reportedly. Ender Inciarte has been released.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Braves got Rosario and Duvall

Love these additions. Duvall is who he is and I'm glad that we didn't re-sign him in the offseason, but with injuries we definitely need him now. I also wanted to sign Rosario in the offseason, but it didn't come to pass. He's only a rental, but he definitely strengthens the bench for the rest of the season. Also, I really like that we went after guys who didn't cost much in terms of prospects, and we can have Duvall and Pederson for next year because of their options which will provide depth and strengthen the bench for next year.

GT_EE78

Banned
Love these additions. Duvall is who he is and I'm glad that we didn't re-sign him in the offseason, but with injuries we definitely need him now. I also wanted to sign Rosario in the offseason, but it didn't come to pass. He's only a rental, but he definitely strengthens the bench for the rest of the season. Also, I really like that we went after guys who didn't cost much in terms of prospects, and we can have Duvall and Pederson for next year because of their options which will provide depth and strengthen the bench for next year.
agree, good for the price
disappointed no bullpen help,, but SP's are decent now with Fried,Smiler,Morton,Muller,Tooki
maybe when Anderson,Davidson,Ynoa return someone can move to the pen

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Probably the best player/pitcher we could acquire today, based on what A.A. was willing to give up(a little surprised on Bryse Wilson, since they didn’t give him 10 consecutive starts in the rotation let alone 20 or 30). Takes something to get something, but I thought he could have been a late inning reliever if starting didn’t work out. We shall see what the Pirates do with him, in the long run….