2021 Atlanta Braves

Milwaukee

Banned
You're missing my point. If you insist on trotting out three different pitchers to throw 3 innings, you increase the likelihood that one of them is not "on" tonight. Result, you lose a one run lead. If you stick with pitchers who are effective and only use one or two, you decrease the chances of that. The Phillies let their reliever throw 3 innings. That won them the game. Had they insisted on letting two more guys out of their pen pitch, the chances are that one of them might be "off" and the Braves might have added on to their lead.

i am not sure if Snitker is the idiot who insists on this approach, or some back office data analyst doing analytics is dictating the strategy. I get how the numbers indicate starters lose effectiveness the 2nd and especially the 3rd time through the lineup, but how could analytics support pulling an effective pitcher who threw only 9 pitches to 3 batters and was not replaced by a pinch hitter?

But, it's idiotic and the Braves continue to do it despite the terrible bullpen results they are getting. Insanity!
No I’m with ya, I hate the one inning rotation bs. Last night they all looked good though. I personally don’t think Will Smith is good enough to do the job but he was 11 for 11 on saves until last night. That McCutcheon ab was so big.
I just don’t understand why ownership won’t go out and get a dominant closer. They’re wasting year after year of this talented young roster, with keys like Freddie only getting older.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Will lost a shutout for us the other day, too. Won that game.
He looked great with 2 K’s on June 4 & 3 K’s on June 5. June 6, 8, more tired. Matzek looked a little worn, as well.

I like when Minter pitches 2 or 3 innings, he gets in a groove. These guys don’t have to warm up and pitch every day. Martin can give you a few frames and then rest a couple of days. The trick is to go around the lineup only once In a game, per relievers who have two main pitches. Facing three or more batters, should never be a challenge.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
When the Braves go to the overshift on defense, when the ball is hit to one of the Infielders:
44 times it works to get the out, and 24 times it fails. Net +20.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I don't follow the Braves much other than wins or losses. I have enough issues following my Mets. But from what little I have seen, the Braves bullpen has not done their team any favors. Is that the case, or just an outsider's speculation?
Nope, that's accurate. Lineup and rotation have been good most of the time, but the pen has been awful.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I don't follow the Braves much other than wins or losses. I have enough issues following my Mets. But from what little I have seen, the Braves bullpen has not done their team any favors. Is that the case, or just an outsider's speculation?
You got it. They implode for the most part. Use 3 or 4 pitchers per game, so naturally without studs, someone is a gas can every game. If you don’t get him out after 3 batters, 4 or 5 runs come in.

I wish you could have held on to Zach Wheeler. He might be the Phillies best hurler? Although when healthy, the Mets are strong with good SP.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

GT_EE78

Banned

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
A.A. will be on 680 a.m./93.7 f.m. @ 12:10 p.m. today. Dimino interview.
Give us a capsule summary if you are able to listen about 40 minutes from now.