2021 Atlanta Braves

GT_EE78

Banned
If the charges are true, I don't want him on the Braves anymore. Cut him and try to get out of the contract. If you can't, the Braves just need to live with the salary loss.

In saying that, he does deserve his day in court. He's innocent until proven guilty, so I wouldn't do anything until he is convicted although I'm sure that MLB will suspend him for the time being.
assuming it's true as written, then i agree and would also expect the Braves to cut bait and try to save cost on contract remainder.
however we can't forget what this Urinal-Constipation is and what they did to Richard Jewel.

GT_EE78

Banned
YNOA went to 60day IL to clear a roster spot.
Abraham Almonte was called up from Gwinnett and will start in LF batting 6th
...Gwinnett has been a playground for him: he’s been hitting .403 with an OPS of 1.167 in 83 plate appearances — easily the best sustained stretch of his professional career.
5:10 pm on BSSO

THWG

Helluva Engineer
YNOA went to 60day IL to clear a roster spot.
Abraham Almonte was called up from Gwinnett and will start in LF batting 6th
...Gwinnett has been a playground for him: he’s been hitting .403 with an OPS of 1.167 in 83 plate appearances — easily the best sustained stretch of his professional career.
5:10 pm on BSSO
I went to the Gwinnett game yesterday and Almonte was 2-3 with a HR and 2 walks. Loved his approach at the plate, so I'm glad he's getting a chance. I think Demeritte is next in line if there's another injury.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Keeping an eye open on our old friend, Mark Melancon(the melon man).....
23 games, 2 ER in 24.1 INGS, 19 K’s, 2 BB’s, 17 SAVES, 18 GF, 0.74 ERA.
SD Padres closer.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Pillar just took a fastball straight to the nose. Awful scene. Was obviously sitting off speed and didn’t have time to react to fb that far off target. Blood all over the place.
Only good thing I saw was Pillar was able to pop up eventually and walk off with help. You could tell he was completely coherent and vision was fine. Broken nose/face for sure but at least those will heal for him in time.
Webb feels awful from the looks of it.

This is really great actually, pretty much what I expected. A smashed face but all his faculties are good. Get well soon.

FYI, Pillar's back. Not long after facial surgery, back on the team and got a hit his first pinch hit opportunity. Now 3-7 post-injury after his first start. Just keeps stepping in there like nothing happened.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves have acquired right-hander Ty Tice from the Blue Jays in exchange for cash considerations, according to ESPN.com’s Kiley McDaniel (Twitter link).

Jays picked up Carl Edwards, Jr. after Atl. DFA’d him. Basically a Tice w/ options swap for Edwards and cash.