2021 Atlanta Braves

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves sign Ambioris Tavarez as international signing period opens. The Braves spent the bulk of their 2020-21 international pool money to sign infielder Ambioris Tavarez @ 1.5 million bonus.

He is 6’2” 175. SS, although he could end up at 2B, 3B, possibly CF.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Braves sign Ambioris Tavarez as international signing period opens. The Braves spent the bulk of their 2020-21 international pool money to sign infielder Ambioris Tavarez @ 1.5 million bonus.

He is 6’2” 175. SS, although he could end up at 2B, 3B, possibly CF.
Like the signing.

Has all of the athletic ability/build you want with a prospect. Watching a couple of videos of him... his swing has raw pop too. Hopefully the defense shows up in the next couple of years. That will help him move through the system quickly.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
We lost 6 baseball HOF members in 2020, which was the most since losing 7 in 1972, from what I've read.

Lou Brock, Tom Seaver, Bob Gibson, Al Kaline, Whitey Ford, and Joe Morgan.

We have lost 3 so far in the first month of 2021: Tom Lasorda, Don Sutton, and Hank Aaron.

I don't like the current trend.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
We lost 6 baseball HOF members in 2020, which was the most since losing 7 in 1972, from what I've read.

Lou Brock, Tom Seaver, Bob Gibson, Al Kaline, Whitey Ford, and Joe Morgan.

We have lost 3 so far in the first month of 2021: Tom Lasorda, Don Sutton, and Hank Aaron.

I don't like the current trend.
Don’t leave out Phil Niekro who passed away this month. He went in the HOF in 1997.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Don’t leave out Phil Niekro who passed away this month. He went in the HOF in 1997.
Thanks Buzz. There were so many last year I had to google it. Apparently, the article I noted was from 12/26, which was the day Phil passed. So there were 7 in 2020 matching 1972. Just goes to show that you can't trust everything you read on the internet...

The irony is that I knew that at one point. Sent a text to my cousins the day after he passed bemoaning the loss of so many baseball legends. But time and alcohol tends to erode those memories.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
AA better pull a rainbow out of his ***. We need a bullpen peice and preferably a right handed bat (LF/3B)
From MLBTR(this might be where Atlanta is headed, unfortunately):
  • Spencer Patton is throwing an improved change-up with the hopes of bringing three viable pitches out of the bullpen, per Robert Murray of FanSided. The 32-year-old right-hander led Nippon Professional Baseball with 57 appearances last season, which is no small feat to MLB teams aware of the perils in ramping up pitcher workloads in 2021. Patton’s numbers from Japan won’t blow you away, however, with a 4.92 ERA, respectable 28.1 percent strikeout rate, and slightly-concerning 11.7 percent walk rate. Patton will throw for teams again on February 2nd, with the Braves, Rays, Angels, Royals, Rangers, and Giants being among the teams to have shown some interest thus far.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I would do everything to keep Ozuna!! Not only a great slugger, but also a great team mate!!!
Looks like the DH won’t be in play this year. With better offers on the table, it doesn’t seem likely the Braves will match any of those.