2021 and 2022 opponents added

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
NIU can be a problem.

Nah, we'll have a class filled with 4-star recruits in by then, maybe two. Probably in addition to a handful of grad transfers looking to experience the 404culture. Nothing to worry about. The real concern for 2021 is, of course, Kennesaw State and that high school offense of theirs; by 2021, most of our defensive players will not have seen that offense at all, and we all remember how things went when a majority of our defensive players did have familiarity with that offense. And Kennesaw State has the 470culture going for it, which is like 66 culture points better than 404culture. Uh oh.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
Nah, we'll have two classes filled with 4-star recruits in by then. Probably in addition to a handful of grad transfers looking to experience the 404culture. Nothing to worry about. The real concern for 2021 is, of course, Kennesaw State and that high school offense of theirs; by 2021, most of our defensive players will not have seen that offense at all, and we all remember how things went when a majority of our defensive players did have familiarity with that offense. And Kennesaw State has the 470culture going for it, which is like 66 culture points better than 404culture. Uh oh.

So uh, can we get at least one thread that lasts beyond the first page before divulging into... Whatever this is?

jackets55

Jolly Good Fellow
I think you will see opponents that we yearned for over the last decade start lining up to play us. Particularly those who had previously canceled.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
How much are these opponents paying us to schedule these games with them? We should apply those payments directly to our recruiting budget!

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Our future schedules are strong, overall. We have scheduled two OOC P-5 opponents every season for the next eight years, 2020 - 2027.

2022 we have Ugag, Ole Miss, UCF, and Western Carolina. That's a solid OOC schedule.

And no one will care. Western Carolina? NIU?

Does either of these help with recruiting? Attendance? No and no.

I’m all for adding a patsy ... but add Auburn. We are becoming regionally irrelevant.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
And no one will care. Western Carolina? NIU?

Does either of these help with recruiting? Attendance? No and no.

I’m all for adding a patsy ... but add Auburn. We are becoming regionally irrelevant.

I understand wanting Auburn but my point is that two P-5's OOC a year is about right, along with one G-5 and one FCS (like the Citadel;)). About half of those years I alluded to include Notre Dame. I think that's a good recruiting draw, though I know we don't have a choice anyway. As for attendance I think a good FCS addition would be Ga. State. Everybody plays teams that "no one cares" about every year. Our schedule is at least as tough as Alabama's. I guess we could play 4 P-5 OOC's a year, but that would be a bit much IMO. You have to pick from what's available.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I understand wanting Auburn but my point is that two P-5's OOC a year is about right, along with one G-5 and one FCS (like the Citadel;)). About half of those years I alluded to include Notre Dame. I think that's a good recruiting draw, though I know we don't have a choice anyway. As for attendance I think a good FCS addition would be Ga. State. Everybody plays teams that "no one cares" about every year. Our schedule is at least as tough as Alabama's. I guess we could play 4 P-5 OOC's a year, but that would be a bit much IMO. You have to pick from what's available.

I get it. Schedule some lesser teams. But ...

In West Georgia, Tech is completely irrelevant. There was a time Tech recruited Newnan, LaGrange and Columbus. Now? That’s Auburn country.

We’re in the ACC, but that’s irrelevant to recruiting HERE.

I’m tired of playing Alcorn State, Gardner Webb, and Our Lady of Perpetual Mercy. Let’s play Vandy. And Auburn. And Tennessee.

Regional relevance matters.