2021 Adidas SWAG watch

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Well.. just came across this AJC article: https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-...oosts-signing-day/VL6Y65QW5NC7NKCNN64TP7HYZU/

They say the streetwear was another one off and won't be for sale any where.. "The apparel was such a hit that fans were asking on Twitter if it was part of a fashion line for sale. (It is not, having been made specifically for the video.)"

kevin clancy kfc GIF by Barstool Sports

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Well.. just came across this AJC article: https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-...oosts-signing-day/VL6Y65QW5NC7NKCNN64TP7HYZU/

They say the streetwear was another one off and won't be for sale any where.. "The apparel was such a hit that fans were asking on Twitter if it was part of a fashion line for sale. (It is not, having been made specifically for the video.)"

kevin clancy kfc GIF by Barstool Sports
Wait... What???? That's literally flat out dumb... They finally do something remotely close to decent and its a HOAX?! I am starting to question my fandom of the incompetence that is GTAA.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Wait... What???? That's literally flat out dumb... They finally do something remotely close to decent and its a HOAX?! I am starting to question my fandom of the incompetence that is GTAA.
Yeah, annoying for sure. I don't know what is allowed with adidas gear for sales to the public.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
This seemed like the most relevant place to drop this article... Further evidence there are unrealized opportunities for better Tech apparel. It's embarrassing to me thag something like this is written about our Institute. I hope they respond publically in some way.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
This seemed like the most relevant place to drop this article... Further evidence there are unrealized opportunities for better Tech apparel. It's embarrassing to me thag something like this is written about our Institute. I hope they respond publically in some way.

Maybe I'm missing something, but what is embarrassing to you about Tech not wanting to do business with a specific apparel company? Or is this just an attempt by you/FRTS to get this company connected?

I looked at their stuff for several other ACC and SEC teams, and I don't think I would buy any of it were I a fan of that team. Maybe I'm not old enough or just not the target market - my oldest piece of Tech Gear is a 1990 Citrus Bowl Champions t-shirt that I think is pretty cool.

For what its worth, looks like UGA doesn't work with them either, and I'm not aware of them having any branding issues.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer

I’ve looked at their website a few times in the past year for Tech apparel. The stuff they make for a large number of P5 schools and all the schools on their website look great! Simple, comfortable, vintage looking clothing.
As much as some fans knock Collins “branding” of GT, at the end of the day, we need it! This institute continues to find new ways to hold itself back from being seen as relevant. For a school that has very intelligent people, it constantly does some of the dumbest ****....

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I'm missing something, but what is embarrassing to you about Tech not wanting to do business with a specific apparel company? Or is this just an attempt by you/FRTS to get this company connected?

I looked at their stuff for several other ACC and SEC teams, and I don't think I would buy any of it were I a fan of that team. Maybe I'm not old enough or just not the target market - my oldest piece of Tech Gear is a 1990 Citrus Bowl Champions t-shirt that I think is pretty cool.

For what its worth, looks like UGA doesn't work with them either, and I'm not aware of them having any branding issues.
I don’t think it’s that company per say, just the lack of marketing and availability of any GT apparel is the issue. We are way to tight on letting companies produce any merchandise.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Bit off topic, as it isn't adidas, but it is SWAG, and .500 is good in baseball all day long..

If you want "Vintage" looks, Cutter & Buck make some nice stuff for sale through book store: https://www.ramblinwreckstore.com/g...69+z-946-673322517?p2=5&_ref=p-CLP:m-SIDE_NAV

Or Vintage Brand is essentially the same thing the FTRS group is asking for, just a different provider: https://vintagebrand.com/p?tr=116&pt=7

As is RetroBrand: https://www.originalretrobrand.com/collections/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets

Finally HillFlint has a few sweaters that are kind of cool in a nostalgic kind of vibe: https://hillflint.com/collections/georgia-tech

Point being, we do protect and limit our brand, but not so overtly that you CAN'T find good stuff. Hope that helps someone, somewhere so that a yellow jacket can get it's wings somewhere.. 🐝 ;)

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow

The embarrassing part to me is someone felt the need to publish an article to try and start a conversation. It sounds, from the article, like this isn't something that Tech politely declined but that it is near impossible for this apparel provider to make contact and discuss a proposal.

Last edited: