2021 ACC Golf Championship

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
73B44CD4-06A1-4708-A4B4-154BD1C45834.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

For context the Top 4 teams after 3 rounds advance to Match Play semifinals. So in a decent spot right now after a torrid start to R2.

Mmmmmm, its worrisome to me. We're 6 shots behind 4th place. Granted we have an entire 3rd round yet and most of the 2nd. But that 1st round was so unbelievably bad I don't know if its too deep a hole.

Deleted member 2897

Mmmmmm, its worrisome to me. We're 6 shots behind 4th place. Granted we have an entire 3rd round yet and most of the 2nd. But that 1st round was so unbelievably bad I don't know if its too deep a hole.

I need to keep worrying. 90 minutes later and our gap to 4th place is but 2 strokes. Our gap to 3rd is but 3 strokes.

Deleted member 2897

I need to keep worrying. 90 minutes later and our gap to 4th place is but 2 strokes. Our gap to 3rd is but 3 strokes.

I need to quit worrying about worrying. 45 minutes later and we dropped all the way to 7th.

Ben Smith shot a 6 under.

I'd love to hear what happened on the 4th hole. We had a single bogey, 2 double bogeys, and a triple bogey on that hole. Something weird had to have happened, like penalties or something.

Deleted member 2897

I need to quit worrying about worrying. 45 minutes later and we dropped all the way to 7th.

Ben Smith shot a 6 under.

I'd love to hear what happened on the 4th hole. We had a single bogey, 2 double bogeys, and a triple bogey on that hole. Something weird had to have happened, like penalties or something.

Wed be in 4th place 4 strokes ahead of 5th if we had shot even on the 4th hole...instead of 8 over as a team. What a disaster.

Deleted member 2897

Today is the third round, and the top four teams will advance to the final four which will be later today. The good news is that so far this morning we have moved up in the fifth place. The bad news is that fourth place is still six strokes ahead.

has anybody seen anything about what happened on the fourth hole two days ago? It feels like our team got some team penalty or something, because we played that one single hole +8. We had a bogey, two doubles, and a triple. That smells like our guys took a 2 stroke penalty for something.

That one hole is our entire tournament.

Deleted member 2897

@bwelbo 4 strokes back now at holes 5-8. Your scenario sounds like we filled out a team scorecard wrong & 4 guys got penalized 2 strokes. Is that possible?

That’s what I’m wondering. It’s just weird to see that all on the same hole, and such bad scores.

Deleted member 2897

@bwelbo 4 strokes back now at holes 5-8. Your scenario sounds like we filled out a team scorecard wrong & 4 guys got penalized 2 strokes. Is that possible?

We played #4 2-under par today, just looked. I just find it hard to believe we played it 8-over on 1 single round without incurring a bunch of penalty strokes for something. That 1 hole out of 54 will cost us making the top 4.

Deleted member 2897

We missed the finals by one stroke. Four of our five guys bogeyed the last hole. And we played number four in round two at a pitifully ridiculous eight over par. 52 absolutely excellent holes of golf, completely derailed by 10 minutes of insanity.