2021 ACC Coach Rankings

stech81

Helluva Engineer
If Collins can't turn a 7 win team into a 6 win team by year 3, I think we have the wrong head coach for Ga Tech.
I don't want to get into a debate about about CPJ and CGC I liked CPJ and I like CGC , But if you use this then Dabo took a 12 win team and made them a 10 win team last year, and if you listen to the uga fans ( but why would anyone) their coaches have took a national championship team and made them a team that can't win the SEC,

GT_EE78

Banned
I don't want to get into a debate about about CPJ and CGC I liked CPJ and I like CGC , But if you use this then Dabo took a 12 win team and made them a 10 win team last year, and if you listen to the uga fans ( but why would anyone) their coaches have took a national championship team and made them a team that can't win the SEC,
LOL- the 12 win team was also Dabo's , how did he do after the 15 win team?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
You missed the point ( but that is fine most on here do)
Preach it, baby!
Don‘t forget to join us on The Hive, too.
GTJT622 is back and loaded up(got to love that, right?).
Put an APB out on Texwood to locate him. Stinger78, Berryl, all answering roll call.

GT_EE78

Banned
I guess that's true that i don't see your point.
The point that you were countering was a comparison of two different but consecutive coaching regimes,
whereas your counter-point was a single coach's year over year record which isn't apples to apples ...
then a comparison to UGA 1982 championship staff, was some staff's children involved?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
You're still focused on his first year with the program? Even though we beat them 56-33 in his second? If he went on the beat them the next 3-4 years, would this still be your response regarding Duke?

Nope but CPJ beat duke for 7 years in a row to stat then only had issues with them later. We boat raced them in his second year that's good. But we have two datapooints on duke. and collins is 1-1.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I guess that's true that i don't see your point.
The point that you were countering was a comparison of two different but consecutive coaching regimes,
whereas your counter-point was a single coach's year over year record which isn't apples to apples ...
then a comparison to UGA 1982 championship staff, was some staff's children involved?
Point being if you look hard and long you can find something you don't like about any coach ( sometimes a lot about some coaches ) I liked CPJ cause I'm old and he believed in being strict and he was , I don't have anything against CGC he does things I don't care about but maybe its just me being old fashion . This year will tell us a lot , lets hope what he is doing works.

GT_EE78

Banned
Point being if you look hard and long you can find something you don't like about any coach ( sometimes a lot about some coaches ) I liked CPJ cause I'm old and he believed in being strict and he was , I don't have anything against CGC he does things I don't care about but maybe its just me being old fashion . This year will tell us a lot , lets hope what he is doing works.
good answer,i get that, i was waiting for "wife got your password"

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Preach it, baby!
Don‘t forget to join us on The Hive, too.
GTJT622 is back and loaded up(got to love that, right?).
Put an APB out on Texwood to locate him. Stinger78, Berryl, all answering roll call.
That's exciting. I need to start going over there as well as here. I moved over here for the freedom of speech. but people got upset when they heard things that go against what they believe to be true. (Left or Right) So the mods got tired of all the complaining. (I dont blame them I would probably do the same thing) We live in a world full of weak candy asses now. I hate how it is dividing this country.

GT_EE78

Banned
if she does i;m dead
Yeah, could be risky letting the wife help with your computer
1626450910679.gif

Deleted member 2897

That's exciting. I need to start going over there as well as here. I moved over here for the freedom of speech. but people got upset when they heard things that go against what they believe to be true. (Left or Right) So the mods got tired of all the complaining. (I dont blame them I would probably do the same thing) We live in a world full of weak candy asses now. I hate how it is dividing this country.

👀 :ROFLMAO:

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Unless you’re a paying member, half the posts are behind a paywall. Took the fun away. Seems like only 10-15 people posts on there anymore.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Nope but CPJ beat duke for 7 years in a row to stat then only had issues with them later. We boat raced them in his second year that's good. But we have two datapooints on duke. and collins is 1-1.
His second year-2009-was with Gailey's recruits--mostly the 2007 class that Collins brought in. Recruiting is a big part of P5 coaching.

Your post indicates how this program declined from 2008 to 2018. Johnson beat Duke his first 6 years (not 7), then lost 4 out of the next 5. Collins' record against Duke so far is better than Johnson's was for his last 5 years. And that's the program Collins inherited, and not the one from Johnson's first 6 years.

The original post I responded to stated that Collins took a 7 win program and needs to turn it into a six win program this year. I abhor the posts on this board like that one advancing statements that are not based on reasoned facts-- either out of ignorance or due to an agenda.

From the 2018 team we lost 8 starters on defense--plus Big B who would have started at DT in 2019--and 6 offensive starters, including the QB. 14 of 22 starters gone, plus an important DT. Based on those facts I'll state my opinion that if Johnson had returned in 2019 he might have won 4 games--which he knew and is why he didn't return. I'll also state that the 2018 team would not win more than 5 games with the schedule we have coming up. I also believe that the 2021 team will win at least 5 games--it's more talented than the 2018 team and a lot more talented than the 2019 team Johnson left behind.

The program declined under Johnson and it is on the way back up. You have to ignore the bulk of the facts to see it otherwise.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
His second year-2009-was with Gailey's recruits--mostly the 2007 class that Collins brought in. Recruiting is a big part of P5 coaching.

Your post indicates how this program declined from 2008 to 2018. Johnson beat Duke his first 6 years (not 7), then lost 4 out of the next 5. Collins' record against Duke so far is better than Johnson's was for his last 5 years. And that's the program Collins inherited, and not the one from Johnson's first 6 years.

The original post I responded to stated that Collins took a 7 win program and needs to turn it into a six win program this year. I abhor the posts on this board like that one advancing statements that are not based on reasoned facts-- either out of ignorance or due to an agenda.

From the 2018 team we lost 8 starters on defense--plus Big B who would have started at DT in 2019--and 6 offensive starters, including the QB. 14 of 22 starters gone, plus an important DT. Based on those facts I'll state my opinion that if Johnson had returned in 2019 he might have won 4 games--which he knew and is why he didn't return. I'll also state that the 2018 team would not win more than 5 games with the schedule we have coming up. I also believe that the 2021 team will win at least 5 games--it's more talented than the 2018 team and a lot more talented than the 2019 team Johnson left behind.

The program declined under Johnson and it is on the way back up. You have to ignore the bulk of the facts to see it otherwise.
If by facts you mean improved recruiting, I will agree with you. But FOR ME, I will have to see an increase in wins to believe we are on the way back up.