2021 ACC and Competition News

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
That game should tell you 2 things

1) Miami is still a good team. They’ve got a lot of talent and made a hellacious comeback without their starting QB. Down by 13 in the 3rd and 9 in the 4th they were mere inches from winning the game.
2) The Coastal is still as wide open as ever.

If I was a Miami fan I would be really disappointed in their play calling on the last drive of the game. Once they got in field goal range they went extremely conservative. I know you want the ball in the middle of the field for your kicker, and you don’t want to turn the ball over. But on 3rd and 9 from the 16 and about a minute left in the game I would’ve liked to have seen a play designed to get positive yards. Oh well. Always nice when the Canes disappoint

TheNaturalScientist

Jolly Good Fellow
That game should tell you 2 things

1) Miami is still a good team. They’ve got a lot of talent and made a hellacious comeback without their starting QB. Down by 13 in the 3rd and 9 in the 4th they were mere inches from winning the game.
2) The Coastal is still as wide open as ever.

If I was a Miami fan I would be really disappointed in their play calling on the last drive of the game. Once they got in field goal range they went extremely conservative. I know you want the ball in the middle of the field for your kicker, and you don’t want to turn the ball over. But on 3rd and 9 from the 16 and about a minute left in the game I would’ve liked to have seen a play designed to get positive yards. Oh well. Always nice when the Canes disappoint
Agreed on the awful play calling. You only try to “line up” your kicker on three plays when the game is tied imo. You see what happens when you don’t go for the TD. They were scared to give uva the ball back but Miami played ok defense in the second half. Not sure about the philosophy of coach Diaz

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
The acc is so pretty even in talent between teams except for Clemson that anybody can beat anybody on any given day. The teams that will win these game comes down with you has the least amount of turnovers and penalties and who’s teams gets the breaks during that game. Any team can win any of the games. That’s the way I see it

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Agreed on the awful play calling. You only try to “line up” your kicker on three plays when the game is tied imo. You see what happens when you don’t go for the TD. They were scared to give uva the ball back but Miami played ok defense in the second half. Not sure about the philosophy of coach Diaz
One of their fans on CANESINSIGHT compared Manny to a character from John Steinbeck's book Of MIce and Men. He posted that Manny was like the slightly retarded migrant worker Lenny. Their cruelty knows no bounds.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The acc is so pretty even in talent between teams except for Clemson that anybody can beat anybody on any given day. The teams that will win these game comes down with you has the least amount of turnovers and penalties and who’s teams gets the breaks during that game. Any team can win any of the games. That’s the way I see it
Miami has 43 4 stars on their roster and 2 5 stars. UVA has 5 4 stars. That's not even talent no matter which way you slice it.