2021 ACC and Competition News

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
@orientalnc Your wife’s App State team almost pulled it out. Did she watch the entire game?
Miami over App State 25-23. Missed 2 pt conversion was one factor.
She did. She also correctly noted the two dropped passes on the final drive were the key to Miami winning. (A side note is that she grew up in Miami and her family are fans of the U).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Also, just wanna point out...the clown in the previous few posts is also the same clown who was singing Norvell’s praises yesterday. Literally said...”Just look at what Norvell is doing at FSU.”

That poster needs to print a retraction. Several retractions.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Glad for the win yesterday, saw this this morning

Mike Norvell called the loss to Jacksonville ST unacceptable and vows to fix the mistakes .

This is what I had hoped Collins would have said last week
I’m going to post this again to emphasize Jacksonville state lost 31-0 to UAB a week ago... you are missing me with the “this is unacceptable and vows to fix mistakes” no duh that takes Booger level of analysis.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Fortunately for most of us, having severely missed on our predictions is not a site violation.

Retraction? From a GTSwarm poster? What are you putting in your ice cream?

I can assure I've never missed on a prediction. A predilection brought about by choosing not to make predictions, but I digress. :)

And I thought we moved past ice cream slander as a society?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This Clemson team is not as good
I only watched snippets of their game against Uga. Aside from losing Trevor and dealing with inexperience at the QB spot (their guy will be very good in time), they seem to have adrop off in talent and experience at OL, RB and OL as well (basically the entire O). I felt exactly the same way when I flipped over to the OSU-Oregon game yesterday during breaks in our action about Ohio State. they didn't seem to have their usual stud at the tailback slot. Unlike Clemson, their D has fallen off a bit as well although it is very early. They gave up 3 TD's to Oregon off of the same run play to their left side.

I think at RB our group may be as good as anyone else in the country. stats may not bear that out due to OL play so far (again it is early to say anything with certainty).

slugboy

Staff member
IFF you have complained about our last NIU offensive and defensive series, you can watch the end of the FSU-JaxState game.
You’ll hear the dulcet tones of Wes Durham, as FSU’s big ole offensive line does not get much drive on the ball and fails to run for a first down. You’ll see a defense with man coverage and a single-high safety with SIX SECONDS AND FIFTY-NINE YARDS TO GO give up the game winning touchdown, with the defenders flapping their arms at the receiver from distance as if to dry him off as he runs into the end zone:

This is EVERY BIT as bad as the end of our NIU game, and possibly WORSE.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
IFF you have complained about our last NIU offensive and defensive series, you can watch the end of the FSU-JaxState game.
You’ll hear the dulcet tones of Wes Durham, as FSU’s big ole offensive line does not get much drive on the ball and fails to run for a first down. You’ll see a defense with man coverage and a single-high safety with SIX SECONDS AND FIFTY-NINE YARDS TO GO give up the game winning touchdown, with the defenders flapping their arms at the receiver from distance as if to dry him off as he runs into the end zone:

That was definitely worse than the NIU game.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This Clemson team is not as good
Said that before the season started and no one believed me. Huge fall off from last year. Granted they might figure out their quarterback problems and improve some but right now they are a beatable team by anyone who plays mistake free ball, has a good game plan and enough players who can execute.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I wonder if Wes Durham's "dulcet tones" were melodious and pleasant to the ears of FSU fans.

Norvell was in charmboyland after the near miss against ND. Not so right now.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
And I would comfort them by saying you can get used to losses like this but the truth is you just grow cold and numb and all joy in sports just kind of shrivels up and dies. 😊