2021 ACC and Competition News

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

App State 14 - Miami 12. Hmmmmm

Surprised Cat GIF

Jax State 7 - FSU Zippo. Also Hmmm.
This also makes me wonder if Notre Dame is trash. They beat FSU in OT last week and they only beat Toledo by 3 today. Maybe the game wasn’t as close as the score would make you think.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This also makes me wonder if Notre Dame is trash. They beat FSU in OT last week and they only beat Toledo by 3 today. Maybe the game wasn’t as close as the score would make you think.
I don’t think so. I think FSU is in a hangover from the ND game. Now I also don’t think ND is top 5, top 15 maybe, but not top 5. FSU will end up with like 8-9 wins and that game will look good for ND.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I pull for the acc Bc that’s our conference. I have my opinions why we are so bad but I would like other’s opinion on what y’all think?
GT it’s a lack of focus/energy/coaching. Miami isn’t that well coached neither is FSU. For all the people crushing Geoff, just know that if he had FSU or Miami talent we would win 8-9 every year. CGC has beaten both those schools and coaches the past few years with less talent. As for Clemson, they are good just the offensive line gets exposed by elite defensive lines and elite defenses sit on their hot reads.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
GT it’s a lack of focus/energy/coaching. Miami isn’t that well coached neither is FSU. For all the people crushing Geoff, just know that if he had FSU or Miami talent we would win 8-9 every year. CGC has beaten both those schools and coaches the past few years with less talent. As for Clemson, they are good just the offensive line gets exposed by elite defensive lines and elite defenses sit on their hot reads.
FSU was 3-9 the year we beat them and Miami was 6-7 the year we beat them. Bad teams that played a little worse than we did.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Sure sure. But like those years were last year and the year before. It’s not like he’s cherry picking stats from 10 years ago
Huh? He was saying CGC beat FSU and Miami like that was an accomplishment. It wasn’t. Those were not good teams and beating them wasn’t something to brag about.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Huh? He was saying CGC beat FSU and Miami like that was an accomplishment. It wasn’t. Those were not good teams and beating them wasn’t something to brag about.
Fair, It sounded like they meant beating those teams sounded good in today’s climate. I’m just saying, either those teams are still bad or they’re still decent but with bad records. Either way, they have not changed much since we beat them.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami and FSU also have clueless coaches. It’s amazing how incompetent grown men making millions can be. Norvell will be run out of Tally once they realize he is clueless. Miami’s admin obviously just doesn’t care anymore. On a side note, Auburn made a great hire.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Also, just wanna point out...the clown in the previous few posts is also the same clown who was singing Norvell’s praises yesterday. Literally said...”Just look at what Norvell is doing at FSU.”
I believe it was “a program with hope”

For reference UAB who lost to UGAg 56-7 beat Jacksonville state 31-0 week 1

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
At this point, UGA and Clemson are the only teams sitting in the unbeatable category. Notre Dame playing two nailbiters against garbage teams moves them down into mediocre ACC circle of suck territory.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
There is no objective evidence that any team in the ACC is actually any good this year. Probably a side effect of having one of, if not the, worst TV deals of any P5 conference. It's a revenue problem, really.
Agree. Outside of Clemson and UGA, our schedule looks a whole lot weaker than two weeks ago. VT may be legit, and glad we don’t play NCSt.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Agree. Outside of Clemson and UGA, our schedule looks a whole lot weaker than two weeks ago. VT may be legit, and glad we don’t play NCSt.
Virginia handled a decent Illinois team yesterday.

I agree with you about our schedule, but my concern right now is whether we are as good as we hoped. I have not seen it yet but yesterday was a definite improvement.

Miami and ND certainly do not look good and UNC may not be a powerhouse either. But, I hope the uga DL lets us exit the locker room.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Glad for the win yesterday, saw this this morning

Mike Norvell called the loss to Jacksonville ST unacceptable and vows to fix the mistakes .

This is what I had hoped Collins would have said last week

slugboy

Staff member
@orientalnc Your wife’s App State team almost pulled it out. Did she watch the entire game?
Miami over App State 25-23. Missed 2 pt conversion was one factor.

FSU loses 20-17 to Jax State. Norvell calls the loss “unacceptable”. I’m not sure that makes it better.

Boston College and Wake currently dominate the Atlantic at 2-0.
Clemson clocks in tied for third with Louisville, NCST, and Syracuse at 1-1.
FSU is in the basement at 0-2

Va Tech currently leads the Coastal at 2-0, having the tiebreaker with one conference win. Pitt and UVA are also undefeated at 2-0. (Congrats to Pitt on a win over SEC Tenn, UVA winning over B1G Illinois). There’s a log jam at 1-1 with us, Duke, Miami, and UNC. UNC is technically last in the Coastal because of a division loss to VaTech.

We have a brutal game coming up against Clemson. The matchup isn’t great for us in a couple of ways—their line has been susceptible, but we our DLine still has to prove themselves. Clemson has, as usual, a good and penetrating DLine, and our offensive line has had issues this year.