2021 ACC and Competition News

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Who did Pitt pay to get that schedule? Is there even anyone left on that Tennessee team after 25 Portal losses?
I'd like to think the Pitt game is one our guys have circled, or will when it comes closer. That was one that we let get out of hand (200+ yards out of no where for that Pitt RB). I remember hearing that the Pitt players were harassing fans or something too. Plus, being the last game of the year and with the ending it had, it might have stuck with some of the team.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
The top 25 article or the scout weighs in? It booted me after reading half of the top 25 article. What did the other say?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Whispers around Tallahassee that Milton (transfer QB from UCF) has lingering injuries and won’t be much of a factor this year. Nothing official, but would be a pretty brutal blow to any expectations they have for 2021 as their backup Jordan Travis is essentially an option QB who’s best comp I can think of is Taquon Marshall. Not ideal for what Norvell is trying to install and what he’s selling to the ‘22 class.

And if he didn’t already regret letting Sims walk after Week 1 2020…
I am fine with whatever bad things happen in Tallahassee, but the Noles247 site is not talking about Milton having issues. They quote him saying he is sometimes stiff at the beginning of practice but that he's 100% ready to play.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I am fine with whatever bad things happen in Tallahassee, but the Noles247 site is not talking about Milton having issues. They quote him saying he is sometimes stiff at the beginning of practice but that he's 100% ready to play.

Today they are. Yesterday somebody started a thread asking if Milton was injured and the mods went silent and locked the thread. Then somebody posted a picture or account or something of Milton sidelined for practices and wearing a boot. Then somebody started a thread claiming to have knowledge of the situation saying he wouldn’t play much this year. Collectively as a board they had pretty much given up on the season for about 12 hours.

Then today somebody posted a video of him practicing and the mods said STTE of “well we never told you he was hurt.” (Even though they let them flounder for a day presumably because they didn’t know themselves).

Supposedly Norvell is sidelining him off and on for “load management” and he wears a boot on those days as a precaution.

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
On one of the college football podcasts I listen to one of the FSU guys didn't say he was hurt but definitely stressed that "Milton has by no means won the job" at QB. And Jordan Travis may have improved his throwing a bit while Milton is not the same as UCF Milton and they were still competing.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
On one of the college football podcasts I listen to one of the FSU guys didn't say he was hurt but definitely stressed that "Milton has by no means won the job" at QB. And Jordan Travis may have improved his throwing a bit while Milton is not the same as UCF Milton and they were still competing.
This makes sense. He had a very serious injury and has not played for two years. Maybe he will be fine, but he could bomb completely.

slugboy

Staff member
Oh, Duke
Frustrated Larry Bird GIF by SB Nation