2020 - UVA v UGA in Kickoff Classic

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
I fully expect them to break their foot off in our ***.

I could conceivably see us as having moved on from Coach BM (and unless we drastically improve, and/or he stops being such an offputting weirdo, that's the name I'm sticking with), and MAYBE some of our stupid *** short sighted fans could get on board with an Ivin Jasper hire, which would probably deeply piss UGA off.

I'm letting you guys know, man, it's REALLY a tough time to be a UVa football fan. Being bad is one thing. Being bad for a long time is another. Being a laughing stock is still a third. But, being bad, while trying to force yourself to root for a guy you almost wish would fail, just so you wouldn't have to face the prospect of rooting for him for a decade is the pits.

He even f'd up our uniform, which, god. We have the best logo in sports (homerism admitted). You just don't get a cleaner look than this:
95rondebarber220.dg_inline.jpg

and this is the bull**** he's got us wearing now
USATSI_6652924-675x380.jpg
12263994.jpeg

WE'RE NOT BYU, CLOWNSHOE!!!!

btw, how do you resize a picture in this format? I can't get to html to shrink these down any

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
@ilovetheoption ...you make me laugh a lot. My daughter is at UVA (2nd year)... she's never been too into sports; but goes to all the football games (and some other UVA athletic events) simply to get "points" which gives her better seats (earlier entry) into the basketball games... which, for obvious reasons, she LOVES to attend.

As a result, her sports "aptitude" is creeping up ever so slowly which brings me great joy...FINALLY. Anyway, this morning, she texted me regarding the 2020 Kickoff game. I'll paraphrase and project the quote into the future... but hopefully, you Wahoos can say with conviction in 2020, "Hey... we don't suck as much as you used to!" Cheers, brother(y)

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

I could conceivably see us as having moved on from Coach BM (and unless we drastically improve, and/or he stops being such an offputting weirdo, that's the name I'm sticking with), and MAYBE some of our stupid *** short sighted fans could get on board with an Ivin Jasper hire, which would probably deeply piss UGA off.

I'm letting you guys know, man, it's REALLY a tough time to be a UVa football fan. Being bad is one thing. Being bad for a long time is another. Being a laughing stock is still a third. But, being bad, while trying to force yourself to root for a guy you almost wish would fail, just so you wouldn't have to face the prospect of rooting for him for a decade is the pits.

He even f'd up our uniform, which, god. We have the best logo in sports (homerism admitted). You just don't get a cleaner look than this:

12263994.jpeg

btw, how do you resize a picture in this format? I can't get to html to shrink these down any

Damn I feel for you! I've been around long enough to have lived through "the one who's name shall NEVER be spoken" years!

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer

12263994.jpeg

Virginia should go back to the White Helmet and Orange Jersey George Welsh uniforms.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
@ilovetheoption, with all due respect, I think I feel your pain x10 re: my other following. It took, in fact, one atrocious hire to become a CFB laughingstock that has hardly recovered from the damage. Until Mendenhall starts making the 'worst coaching hires of all-time' lists, I think it'll turn out ok for the 'Hoos.

See #6, and #10 is one of our own
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/25-worst-college-football-coaching-tenures-bcs-era

Also #6
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/12/26/gallos-top-10-worst-head-coach-hires-in-college-football/
6. Greg Robinson, Syracuse, 2005

“We didn’t want someone that was just going to be competitive with the rest of the coaches in the Big East. We wanted someone special. This is going to be a lot of fun, and we’re going to have a blast doing this together.” – Daryl Gross, Syracuse’s athletics director

Greg Robinson wasn’t competitive with the coaches in the Big East. He wasn’t competitive with coaches anywhere. In four years at Syracuse, the former NFL defensive coordinator was 10-37 – with the only two 10-loss seasons in Syracuse history — and 3-25 in the Big East. As you may remember, the Big East wasn’t known as a college football power. If the Big East was the kids the power conferences bullied, Robinson’s Syracuse teams were the kids those bullied kids then shoved in a locker.

But Robinson went out in style. In his final press conference before he was fired, Robinson read “The Little Engine That Could” and then said: “I still think I can.” He’s alone in that belief.

What did we learn? Don’t hire Greg Robinson. (This is a lesson Michigan and Texas unfortunately learned too late.)

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
@ilovetheoption, with all due respect, I think I feel your pain x10 re: my other following. It took, in fact, one atrocious hire to become a CFB laughingstock that has hardly recovered from the damage. Until Mendenhall starts making the 'worst coaching hires of all-time' lists, I think it'll turn out ok for the 'Hoos.

See #6, and #10 is one of our own
http://athlonsports.com/college-football/25-worst-college-football-coaching-tenures-bcs-era

Also #6
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/12/26/gallos-top-10-worst-head-coach-hires-in-college-football/

I mean, fair, but at least you get to root for a DEEPLY bad human being who takes your team to final fours. I'm stuck with a solid person who flames out against Izzo EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Bronco did a good job at BYU so he very well could make things better at Virginia
All joking aside, yes, he could, but he's not impressing so far. If he was recruiting really well, I would have a far different opinion, but he didn't demonstrate he could win with marginal talent this year, so if he's not a x's and o's guy, and he's not a recruiter, how do we expect to see improvement?

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I mean, fair, but at least you get to root for a DEEPLY bad human being who takes your team to final fours. I'm stuck with a solid person who flames out against Izzo EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.
Except last year, when MTSU took care of Izzo and then your solid person flamed out in spectacular fashion against the DEEPLY bad human being.

Too soon?

I kid though. Bennett is a great coach and the final four thing is temporary. If given the opportunity, I'd pick him over nearly anyone as the successor to the DEEPLY bad human being. In fact, he might be my first choice, I think he's that good and I love watching the Cavs ball.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Except last year, when MTSU took care of Izzo and then your solid person flamed out in spectacular fashion against the DEEPLY bad human being.

Too soon?

I kid though. Bennett is a great coach and the final four thing is temporary. If given the opportunity, I'd pick him over nearly anyone as the successor to the DEEPLY bad human being. In fact, he might be my first choice, I think he's that good and I love watching the Cavs ball.
LOLOL. Well played :):)