2020 Schedule

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Just wait until 2020 with Clemson, uGA, Notre Dame, UCF, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, and Miami.
@Ibeeballin made a good point on another site, 2020 is far away and these teams could look completely different. Football is always changing, no telling how many of those teams will be good at that point.

Deleted member 2897

@Ibeeballin made a good point on another site, 2020 is far away and these teams could look completely different. Football is always changing, no telling how many of those teams will be good at that point.

Yep, its a valid point. BUT, when you are chock full of 4-star and higher players, the odds of most of those folks being bad at the same time is very low. 10 of the 12 teams we play in 2020 were ranked this year. I would bet that 5 of those 7 teams will be ranked in the top 20 or so.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Yep, its a valid point. BUT, when you are chock full of 4-star and higher players, the odds of most of those folks being bad at the same time is very low. 10 of the 12 teams we play in 2020 were ranked this year. I would bet that 5 of those 7 teams will be ranked in the top 20 or so.
I can agree with this. I think a lot will depend on how good the teams QB’s are.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
NC State has one single 10+ win season in the entire history of their program. They had patented the "The U is ba- oh nevermind" long before Miami.

They schedule like Duke, which is how they end up with 8-9 win seasons. This year NC State played Furman, James Madison, Georgia State, East Carolina, and Marshall. Its not too difficult to win 9 games when you play 5 games like that on your schedule.
Gee, maybe we can start doing that instead of scheduling home and home series with NOTRE DAME.

No, no; that would be surrendering to mediocrity!

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Just wait until 2020 with Clemson, uGA, Notre Dame, UCF, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, and Miami.

holy f... i hadnt thought about up coming schedules. i cant imagine any team having a tougher schedule then that. And there is no telling how the good the other teams on our schedule will be

gardenerwebb
ucf
clemson
duke
miami
virginia
ncarlina
pitt
syracuse

noterdame
virginatech
georgia

home 7 away 5

is the order they have us playing. that cant be right can it? off hand that looks like at least 6-10 top 30 teams with 2-3 of those in the top 10.

wow!

Last edited:

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
holy f... i hadnt thought about up coming schedules. i cant imagine any team having a tougher schedule then that. And there is no telling how the good the other teams on our schedule will be

gardenerwebb
ucf
clemson
duke
miami
virginia
ncarlina
pitt
syracuse

noterdame
virginatech
georgia

home 7 away 5

is the order they have us playing. that cant be right can it? off hand that looks like at least 6-10 top 30 teams with 2-3 of those in the top 10.

wow!
ALOT can change by then though. Only time will tell. The only teams I’d forsure say will be good are Georgia, Clemson, and ND.

Deleted member 2897

ALOT can change by then though. Only time will tell. The only teams I’d forsure say will be good are Georgia, Clemson, and ND.

Right, but ignoring those 3 still leaves 6 more bowl teams from this year, including a 10 win team and a 12 win team. Does anybody really want to bet those teams somehow only win 3-4 games in just 2 seasons?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Right, but ignoring those 3 still leaves 6 more bowl teams from this year, including a 10 win team and a 12 win team. Does anybody really want to bet those teams somehow only win 3-4 games in just 2 seasons?
I agree, I’m just not sold on UCF, UNC, Duke, UVA, Syracuse, VT and Pitt being top 35 teams. Outside of that, imo a lot of teams play teams on that level. Miami, UGA, ND, and Clemson. Don’t get me wrong, I think this will be a top 20 schedule, I’m just saying a lot could potentially happen.

Deleted member 2897

I agree, I’m just not sold on UCF, UNC, Duke, UVA, Syracuse, VT and Pitt being top 35 teams. Outside of that, imo a lot of teams play teams on that level. Miami, UGA, ND, and Clemson. Don’t get me wrong, I think this will be a top 20 schedule, I’m just saying a lot could potentially happen.

Oh for sure, there is no way they’ll all be good. But if that second tier you listed, I’d bet a lot of money that at least 4 of those 7 will be too 35. 6 of them were ranked at some point this year. 10 of the 12 teams we play season after next were ranked this year at some point LOL.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
And now you know why I want us to start scheduling like we wanted to have winning seasons. The 2020 schedule will probably be among the toughest in the country and we will be one year in to a new coaching regime. Something has to give on this and soon. If we start bleeding, the sharks will come a lot closer to the boat.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
And now you know why I want us to start scheduling like we wanted to have winning seasons. The 2020 schedule will probably be among the toughest in the country and we will be one year in to a new coaching regime. Something has to give on this and soon. If we start bleeding, the sharks will come a lot closer to the boat.
What kind of sharks? I think ole miss is already on the schedule.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
What kind of sharks? I think ole miss is already on the schedule.
What I meant is that if we start to have multiple seasons where we can't eke out more then 3 wins or so and many of our opponents run us off the field, opposing coaching staffs will be able to use that to hamstring our recruiting. Then the situation will devolve to pressure to move to Conference USA or the AAC. I can see that coming, even if others don't. I don't want that.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
What I meant is that if we start to have multiple seasons where we can't eke out more then 3 wins or so and many of our opponents run us off the field, opposing coaching staffs will be able to use that to hamstring our recruiting. Then the situation will devolve to pressure to move to Conference USA or the AAC. I can see that coming, even if others don't. I don't want that.

So you are worried about a program that recently had 18 straight bowl seasons and 1 losing record in conference in the last 2 decades dropping down to a G5 conference?

This mentality is really quite hard to grasp.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I was just messing with you, I majorly failed I guess lol.