2020 Offseason Thread

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
O line 2 deep stays healthy and we get a pulse on the D line we can win 6. Talent wise our RB room and QB room is tops in the league. Or secondary might be the most underrated in the Acc and college football. Hell, the RB room might be too!

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
O line 2 deep stays healthy and we get a pulse on the D line we can win 6. Talent wise our RB room and QB room is tops in the league. Or secondary might be the most underrated in the Acc and college football. Hell, the RB room might be too!
Hard to top Clemson's QB Room. I think we have good depth at QB but not much established outside of Graham. I think we can definitely compete with anybody in the ACC in RB talent though.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We don’t actually have anything established in the QB room. We have potential but that’s about it at this point.
We could look better coming off the bus and still win only three games or we could win as many as six if everything goes right. I don't think we will go to a bowl but we will see. Potential and better talent are words being bandied about but a schedule of UNC, Miami, UGA, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, and Clemson is daunting. We will be heavy underdogs in all of those games. We beat Miami last year if we do it again then either we are a lot better than most people think or they are a lot worse. The first five games is crucial. We have one sure win in the bunch. I don't know anything about UCF but if we lose that one I can see the wheels coming off with a 1-4 slate going into the off week

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We could look better coming off the bus and still win only three games or we could win as many as six if everything goes right. I don't think we will go to a bowl but we will see. Potential and better talent are words being bandied about but a schedule of UNC, Miami, UGA, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, and Clemson is daunting. We will be heavy underdogs in all of those games. We beat Miami last year if we do it again then either we are a lot better than most people think or they are a lot worse. The first five games is crucial. We have one sure win in the bunch. I don't know anything about UCF but if we lose that one I can see the wheels coming off with a 1-4 slate going into the off week

May not be any bowl games this year...

...or Bowls will have to pick among teams with losing records because too many teams couldn't play multiple games to qualify, or too many teams don't want to go bowling/or can't because too many player have the virus.

Gonna be a LOT of weird things going on this year IF we ever play.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
If he or his family aren’t saying anything I guess he wants to keep it private.

I guess we also don’t know if he was at GT workouts or not.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
May not be any bowl games this year...

...or Bowls will have to pick among teams with losing records because too many teams couldn't play multiple games to qualify, or too many teams don't want to go bowling/or can't because too many player have the virus.

Gonna be a LOT of weird things going on this year IF we ever play.

Lots of weird things for sure but could it be much more weird than the spectacle of losing to The Citadel and beating Miami? Beating Miami always has a good ring to it. Kind of like beating Duke. Wouldn't it be nice to beat both of them this year?

Last edited:

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I just read a couple of reviews about UCF. It would appear that they will be better than they were last year. But they lost to both Pitt and Cincinnati last year so there is that.

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I am calling UNC to beat Clemson but not make the playoffs. Clemson will have the one loss and Ohio State their way into the playoffs in the fourth spot. Miami and Pitt tie for second in the Coastal. GT going 6-6 would be great. Going 7-5 outstanding. Going 8-4 unbelievable! I made a similar call on a one loss Alabama making it in despite not winning the SEC in 2017. I don't know about the rest of the Board , but I am getting sick of hearing the Dawgs media advocating pulling the plug with GT.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I am calling UNC to beat Clemson but not make the playoffs. Clemson will have the one loss and Ohio State their way into the playoffs in the fourth spot. Miami and Pitt tie for second in the Coastal. GT going 6-6 would be great. Going 7-5 outstanding. Going 8-4 unbelievable! I made a similar call on a one loss Alabama making it in despite not winning the SEC in 2017. I don't know about the rest of the Board , but I am getting sick of hearing the Dawgs media advocating pulling the plug with GT.

Well, it then becomes OUR responsibility to beat them instead of worrying about a lame azz ACC.

If we build so as to be capable of beating ugag then we don't have to worry about duke, uvag, pitt, um or any of the others absent CU.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
We are currently a favorite over Miami

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
You are right. The first 5 games will (could) determine how the season goes. Anything less than 2-3 is gonna make for another long season. I think we have the talent to go 6-6 at least. We just have to stay healthy on both lines. Everyone talks about bad/inconsistent QB play but a guy like Trevor Lawrence would’ve looked bad last year behind that Oline.
I’m still going with wins over GW, UCF, Duke, Syracuse, UVA and Miami.