2020 Offseason Thread

Enuratique

Jolly Good Fellow
Jumping into the "will there be a 2020 season" discussion a little late, but I think the MLB / UFC model may be the future for 2020. Isolate players, play the games in empty stadiums (or private islands), but televise them. That's the only realistic way I see it happening.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
Greatest unis we’ve ever had. Black socks and black shoes that year as well, we looked nasty.

Edit: seems to be some sort of site maintenance going on. It’s just an announcement of Calvin making the the NFL All Decade team including a pic from the 06 year.

Eh, I'm more partial to white socks/white or gold shoes, not a fan of black shoes.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Jumping into the "will there be a 2020 season" discussion a little late, but I think the MLB / UFC model may be the future for 2020. Isolate players, play the games in empty stadiums (or private islands), but televise them. That's the only realistic way I see it happening.

You can always generate a full stadium via computer graphics. Think about the Coliseum seen in the movie, “Gladiator”. Finally, a full BDS with just white and gold in the stands!

2ndgenjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Thank you for the links to the 1970 highlights. That was one of my favorite teams. Living in South Carolina, I got to go to the South Carolina opening game and the game in Athens. I was only 13 but demanded to go to the uga game. My mom and dad had tickets, but bought me a ticket off the street by the railroad tracks and l sat by myself in the uga home side lower bowl. Looking back I think my mom was a little nervous about letting me go off to my own seat, but times back then were a little more civilized.

I know these were highlights, but amazing how much we threw the ball back then. Brent Cunningham was my guy but dang Steve Hartley was the man and it seemed like Eddie threw to him every time.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Thank you for the links to the 1970 highlights. That was one of my favorite teams. Living in South Carolina, I got to go to the South Carolina opening game and the game in Athens. I was only 13 but demanded to go to the uga game. My mom and dad had tickets, but bought me a ticket off the street by the railroad tracks and l sat by myself in the uga home side lower bowl. Looking back I think my mom was a little nervous about letting me go off to my own seat, but times back then were a little more civilized.

I know these were highlights, but amazing how much we threw the ball back then. Brent Cunningham was my guy but dang Steve Hartley was the man and it seemed like Eddie threw to him every time.
Steve Harkey has a darn good running back and got drafted by the New York Jets in the 1971 NFL Draft.