2020 Atlanta Braves News

GT_EE78

Banned
Game 1 of the National League Championship Series between the Braves and Dodgers will begin at 8 p.m. Monday and will be televised by Fox.
sux that AJC just went behind a paywall. eff them.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Same Braves roster of 28, as in the Fish series.
Tuesday and Wednesday are 6 p.m. starting times vs, Dodgers.

Tampa Bay defeated Houston yesterday.

GT_EE78

Banned
I haven't read anything definite on Duvall's injury
but Snit said it was oblique during the game which isn't good.
If out for season I'd expect to see Ender.
Still hoping for the best for him

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I haven't read anything definite on Duvall's injury
but Snit said it was oblique during the game which isn't good.
If out for season I'd expect to see Ender.
Still hoping for the best for him

They called on Camargo. Better power and more versatile than Ender. Think its the right call. Hope they let Pache get a start against a lefty.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Snitker does some of the absolute dumbest things. Don't even give them life there. Bring in Smith or Melancon and finish it off.

This is easy to say in a vacuum. But this year is different. It's game 2 of a 7 game series. You know you absolutely have a game every day for the next 2 days. And you possibly have a game every day for the next 5 if it goes the full 7. There are no nights off until the series ends. And you go into the bottom of the ninth with a 5-run lead. You can't just run your top closers out there every day. I think Snit was looking to sneak them a night off. And I don't have a problem with him hoping Tomlin could get him 3 outs without giving up 5 runs. It was still a 4 run game when he got the second out.

But when it got down to 2 runs he pulled him and went to Melancon to close it out.

He absolutely does do some dumb things. I'm just not sure the way he handled the pen last night should be counted in that group.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
This is easy to say in a vacuum. But this year is different. It's game 2 of a 7 game series. You know you absolutely have a game every day for the next 2 days. And you possibly have a game every day for the next 5 if it goes the full 7. There are no nights off until the series ends. And you go into the bottom of the ninth with a 5-run lead. You can't just run your top closers out there every day. I think Snit was looking to sneak them a night off. And I don't have a problem with him hoping Tomlin could get him 3 outs without giving up 5 runs. It was still a 4 run game when he got the second out.

But when it got down to 2 runs he pulled him and went to Melancon to close it out.

He absolutely does do some dumb things. I'm just not sure the way he handled the pen last night should be counted in that group.
I know about all that, but keep the Dodgers down while you can. We have to win the starts by Fried and Anderson and you have to win the game where you are up 7-0 at all costs. Also, Melancon, Smith, and Martin can all pitch three days in a row so use who you have to and make sure you win that game.