2020 Atlanta Braves News

GT_EE78

Banned
Tommy Milone will start tonight v Jake Arrieta...... It's on ESPN at 7:08 pm
Go Braves!
The Braves booked him a private flight from Buffalo to Philadelphia, which helped them avoid going through the COVID-19 protocols that would’ve been required had he flown commercial. It allowed him to start Sunday, when he replaced the previously scheduled Huascar Ynoa.

GT_EE78

Banned
getting bombed for 7 isn't what we were Miloning for
Keep trading!
a 10 run inning however helps..... Braves 10-8 after 4

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
ESPN 2 from 3-5 pm today for Baseball Tonight Trade Special.
Per MLBTR:
AUG. 31: The Blue Jays “don’t seem to be heavily involved on Clevinger,” according to Heyman, who lists the Padres, Braves and perhaps the White Sox as teams that appear to be in the mix.

AUG. 30, 9:48PM: The Blue Jays also have interest in Clevinger, Heyman tweets, but it isn’t known if Toronto is the “mystery team.”

THWG

Helluva Engineer
ESPN 2 from 3-5 pm today for Baseball Tonight Trade Special.
Per MLBTR:
AUG. 31: The Blue Jays “don’t seem to be heavily involved on Clevinger,” according to Heyman, who lists the Padres, Braves and perhaps the White Sox as teams that appear to be in the mix.

AUG. 30, 9:48PM: The Blue Jays also have interest in Clevinger, Heyman tweets, but it isn’t known if Toronto is the “mystery team.”
Padres just traded for Clevinger. We have to get Lynn now. I would do Waters for Lynn straight up.

GT_EE78

Banned
Hey AA
1598903412095.gif

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
no worries, barves fans. The big mid-season addition will be welcoming Faulty back from the trash heap.

Oh but trust us, he’s totally fine this time. Totally fine.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
no worries, barves fans. The big mid-season addition will be welcoming Faulty back from the trash heap.

Oh but trust us, he’s totally fine this time. Totally fine.
I'm extremely disappointed that they didn't get anyone. It does seem like Hamels will be back before the postseason and I just read where Folty has gotten his velo back up to 94. If he can stay at that, he has a chance of being a good "addition". We all know what he can do when he is on. In saying all this, AA has to make a big move this offseason for a starter or two and a corner OF.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm extremely disappointed that they didn't get anyone. It does seem like Hamels will be back before the postseason and I just read where Folty has gotten his velo back up to 94. If he can stay at that, he has a chance of being a good "addition". We all know what he can do when he is on. In saying all this, AA has to make a big move this offseason for a starter or two and a corner OF.
But don't know, we don't need outfielders since we think so highly of Waters and Pache.... Maybe they'll be ready in 3 years, we won't have Freddie in his prime anymore but we held on to our prospects and that's what matters

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

They have to figure out a way to pay Marcell. Its going to be a crap FA season come winter due to all the revenue shortfalls. Maybe a trade falls our way for a pitcher then.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

We've seen this movie before. Spoiler alert, it ends in a meltdown and a bunch of questions like, "Oh man, he's got great stuff ... just gotta put it all together, blah, blah, blah ..."

There's a reason my brain auto-corrects to Faulty. It is what it is. And, speaking of faulty, the little propaganda session on the broadcast was so cute. Deploying Byrdy to tell everybody "all is well" was a nice cherry on top.

"Oh the price was too high, everybuddy." Yeah the price is always high, Byrd. That's the point! But, no worries, I can read between them lines. The "price was too high". Yes, the price of winning is high ... and the Barves can do just fine (m)eeking into the playoffs, making just enough money to make the books look good but avoiding that yucky hassle of actually competing.

Sorry for the rant. Just had to get that out.

sns.gif

But don't know, we don't need outfielders since we think so highly of Waters and Pache.... Maybe they'll be ready in 3 years, we won't have Freddie in his prime anymore but we held on to our prospects and that's what matters

Hall of famers grow on trees, m'friend. No need for a sense of urgency. Especially not in a short year where some team's gonna snag a cheap title. "Cheap" in the sense that it's a partial season but nobody's gonna put an asterisk on it. A title is a title.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
For all of you doubters, Riley is becoming the 3B dude I told you so. Actually, the Braves infield defense is probably the best in the game right now.

However, what in the name of “SliderFellow Luke“ is going on with Will Smith? I hope he straightens up, or I was mistaken about him relieving us of those late inning woes.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
For all of you doubters, Riley is becoming the 3B dude I told you so. Actually, the Braves infield defense is probably the best in the game right now.

However, what in the name of “SliderFellow Luke“ is going on with Will Smith? I hope he straightens up, or I was mistaken about him relieving us of those late inning woes.
This has just been a really odd year for Smith (I know that's stating the obvious) but he had Covid and couldn't throw with anybody for a couple of weeks. He then came back a little too quickly for me. On top of that, there are no fans in the stands for a pitcher who usually thrives on adrenaline and he is in a role that he hasn't been in over the last couple of seasons. He'll get it turned around, but it might not be until next season.