2020 Atlanta Braves News

GT_EE78

Banned
Anderson dazzles in debut... braves win 5-1
ATLANTA (AP) Ian Anderson dazzled in his big league debut, holding the Yankees hitless into the sixth inning and ending Gerrit Cole's 20-game winning streak as the Atlanta Braves beat New York 5-1 Wednesday to open a doubleheader.Ronald Acuna Jr. celebrated his return to the lineup by leading off with a 473-foot drive against Cole.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Swept the Yanks!
Fried is looking like a Cy Young kind of guy!
Freddie with a bomb to win it.

Love these 7 inning games.

GT_EE78

Banned
I love 7 inning games. And 80 game seasons.

Makes me appreciate baseball more.

3.5 hour games, and 162 games a year is too much.

Plus the braves are undefeated in 7 inning games, I believe. :)
I'm not a fan of changing rules but i'm OK with 7 inn for this year if it gets in more games.
esp if Max and Ian can keep going 6 innings yielding 1 ER and get 6 K's.
Back in action at Phillie tonight 7:05 pm
Erlin v Wheeler
FSSO

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
I still can’t believe that call at second. Ender was safe, no question about it. Totally turned that inning around. 1-12 with risp didn’t help our cause. Definitely had our chances and the pen kept us in it again. We just have to keep piecing it together when Fried isn’t on the mound. I’d like to think Ian and Tomlin can give us some quality starts and maybe we can pick up a Clevinger or Plesac along the way. Otherwise, NL East champs or runner up may be the highest point we get this year. Just bad luck on the pitching staff. Would be nice if Hamels could get healthy soon or else his contract will start looking like Mike Hampton’s.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Believe Hamels is one year only at the prorated share, somewhere in the 7 m. range.
Insurance for the club can be retroactive if he doesn’t throw a pitch, if it hasn’t changed? Braves pay the deductible only and eat up a 40 man roster spot if he’s still not on the 60 day IL. Still it’s worth the flyer since typically a healthy left arm.

Tomlin ideally needs to go back to long relief. Davidson might pitch tomorrow if Atlanta doesn’t make a trade? Seattle traded Walker off on the cheap this week. Bauer, Clevinger would be nice acquisitions. Matt Harvey could be worth the risk if the market doesn’t get too crazy for him. The deadline is this Monday. Only a month left in the regular season. Will be a busy one, with several teams playing DH’s and make up games. Riley looking better at the plate. Average over .200 with 5 HR’s and plays a mean 3B.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Lance Lynn would be costly. 4-0 1.59, under control through 2021 and 33 yo. right now.
Rumors from Tomahawk Take say it would take Bryse Wilson, Tucker Davidson and another prospect.

From MLBTR:
The Braves are nearing a deal to acquire left-hander Tommy Milone from the Orioles, reports Mark Bowman of MLB.com (Twitter link). Atlanta will send two prospects, neither of whom is in the Braves’ 60-man player pool, to Baltimore, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post (via Twitter).

Milone, 33, was surprisingly named Baltimore’s Opening Day starter after latching on with the organization on a minor-league deal over the offseason. That start didn’t go as planned, but he’s quietly performed well in his five starts since then. Overall, Milone has a 3.99 ERA in 29.1 innings this season.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Lance Lynn would be costly. 4-0 1.59, under control through 2021 and 33 yo. right now.
Rumors from Tomahawk Take say it would take Bryse Wilson, Tucker Davidson and another prospect.

From MLBTR:
The Braves are nearing a deal to acquire left-hander Tommy Milone from the Orioles, reports Mark Bowman of MLB.com (Twitter link). Atlanta will send two prospects, neither of whom is in the Braves’ 60-man player pool, to Baltimore, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post (via Twitter).

Milone, 33, was surprisingly named Baltimore’s Opening Day starter after latching on with the organization on a minor-league deal over the offseason. That start didn’t go as planned, but he’s quietly performed well in his five starts since then. Overall, Milone has a 3.99 ERA in 29.1 innings this season.
I like the deal for Milone. He gives us exactly what we need which is a cheap pitcher that can eat innings and won't walk very many people. Now we just need to make one more move. I would love to get Bundy or Musgrove now, but I really want to go all in and get Clevinger after we gave up basically nothing for Milone. I think a good package would be Waters, Wilson, Jackson, Davidson/Weigel, and maybe Inciarte (it seems like they need a defensive outfielder).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
He was initially lined up to start Monday for the Orioles, but Milone will presumably head to Boston to join the Braves for the conclusion of the team's road trip this week. Since he'll have to clear all COVID-19-related intake protocols before joining the Braves for workouts, Milone may not be ready to make his team debut for a few days.

Would love to have Clevinger, late night party and all. He could wind up with the Yankees? Lynn would be better than Musgrove, although would cost more. Looks like Bauer is staying put. Bundy and Harvey, if they don’t get accelerated in the market.