2020 Adidas Swag Thread

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
This is a poor take. Embracing your city is not going too far. Plus, they don’t even sell most of the ATL items. They’re mostly team exclusives or special one-off items. But if you’re concerned, here’s the best college baseball program in the country embracing their city:
View attachment 9466

Here’s Auburn embracing their entire state
View attachment 9467

Georgia loves “it’s Saturday in Athens”:
View attachment 9468

Bama fans and players fondly refer to their campus being in T-Town
View attachment 9469

I’m really not sure what the problem is here. When you don’t embrace your city you allow things like this to happen:
View attachment 9470
View attachment 9471

Not to respond for him...but I think his issue was plastering a giant ATL on the shirts without a GT really highlighted anywhere.

1) Vandy’s “Nash” patch is probably exactly what he’s looking for. Says “Vanderbilt” prominently.

2) College town claiming the state is not the same thing at all. Says “Auburn” prominently.

3) College town claiming their town is completely different. Athens wouldn’t even exist without the college.

4) I don’t see how Bama nicknaming their campus relates to the topic at all.

5/6) Cringe/Cringe

I think us marketing ourselves as Atlanta’s college team is smart and should pay dividends slowly down the road. I think the issue was slapping a huge ATL on a shirt in place of a Tech logo. I kind of get that. I think of it like our field. We don’t have an ATL logo in the middle of the field. We have it as a smaller accent on the sides.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Not to respond for him...but I think his issue was plastering a giant ATL on the shirts without a GT really highlighted anywhere.

1) Vandy’s “Nash” patch is probably exactly what he’s looking for. Says “Vanderbilt” prominently.

2) College town claiming the state is not the same thing at all. Says “Auburn” prominently.

3) College town claiming their town is completely different. Athens wouldn’t even exist without the college.

5/6) Cringe/Cringe

I think us marketing ourselves as Atlanta’s college team is smart and should pay dividends slowly down the road. I think the issue was slapping a huge ATL on a shirt in place of a Tech logo. I kind of get that. I think of it like our field. We don’t have an ATL logo in the middle of the field. We have it as a smaller accent on the sides.
But once again, it’s not even an item available to the general public. It’s team exclusive. It might not even be team exclusive. It could just be something some of the coaches have. The ATL is clearly screen printed on the sweatshirt. I’m sure it was just something they had made at a local shop.
But anyway, almost every item the ATL motif appears on, a GT or some other official school mark is visible, if it’s not the primary focus.

“College town claiming their town is completely different” How so? Because it’s literally the exact same thing lmao. It doesn’t matter that Athens is smaller than Altanta, it’s the same concept.

Bama uses “T-Town” in their marketing the same way Tech uses ATL. I fail to see how that’s not relevant.

What they’re trying to do is make GT synonymous with Atlanta, and ATL by default. Their goal is to make people associate that white, gold, and blue ATL with Georgia Tech just like they associate the Braves’ script A with Atlanta and the Braves. Or the Hawks “Pac-man” logo with Atlanta. How can you make GT synonymous with the city if your don’t use it?

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
This is a poor take. Embracing your city is not going too far. Plus, they don’t even sell most of the ATL items. They’re mostly team exclusives or special one-off items. But if you’re concerned, here’s the best college baseball program in the country embracing their city:
View attachment 9466

Here’s Auburn embracing their entire state
View attachment 9467

Georgia loves “it’s Saturday in Athens”:
View attachment 9468

Bama fans and players fondly refer to their campus being in T-Town
View attachment 9469

I’m really not sure what the problem is here. When you don’t embrace your city you allow things like this t

5/6) Cringe/Cringe

Thanks. That‘s pretty much exactly it. Replacing the GT logo with ATL is not my kind of branding

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Some of y’all are just funny and living in the past. You do realize that the people that matter are 14-18 year old males. They would be fine putting ATL on the helmets in place of the GT. And I’d be fine with it too if it means we get in players that win. GT is not relevant and hasn’t been relevant in a long time. Collins is under taking not only trying to field a competitive team but also trying to drag GT football into the 21st century and everyone is against him. The professors wouldn’t mind sports going away. The Board of regents would merge us with UGA if given a chance. And many in our fan base are still following the template from 50 years ago. GT’s brand in football no longer exists. Collins is trying to revive it. And the only way is to get exciting players and exciting marketing to attract 14-18 year olds. Gibbs, Sims, Brown, Ezzard, Blackstrain, Blackburn, and others are the ones who will bring GT back to relevancy. Not a bunch of old rich guys sniping from the air conditioning. Thankfully, Collins won’t waiver from the plan he and TStan set forth.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Some of y’all are just funny and living in the past. You do realize that the people that matter are 14-18 year old males. They would be fine putting ATL on the helmets in place of the GT. And I’d be fine with it too if it means we get in players that win. GT is not relevant and hasn’t been relevant in a long time. Collins is under taking not only trying to field a competitive team but also trying to drag GT football into the 21st century and everyone is against him. The professors wouldn’t mind sports going away. The Board of regents would merge us with UGA if given a chance. And many in our fan base are still following the template from 50 years ago. GT’s brand in football no longer exists. Collins is trying to revive it. And the only way is to get exciting players and exciting marketing to attract 14-18 year olds. Gibbs, Sims, Brown, Ezzard, Blackstrain, Blackburn, and others are the ones who will bring GT back to relevancy. Not a bunch of old rich guys sniping from the air conditioning. Thankfully, Collins won’t waiver from the plan he and TStan set forth.

I graduated in ‘09 (and worked with the Tech marketing team several times). Not sure what the template was 50 years ago as I wasn’t around back then. I agree that Tech marketing wasn’t great for a long time - mostly because they couldn’t understand that picking colors and sticking with them was literally the foundation of branding after the interlocking GT.

Also the GT logo is a lot more well known around the country/world than “ATL.” Slapping that on a helmet in place of our logo is literally detrimental to the GT brand. That’s an idea for a one-off (as in once a decade) with an event tied to it. Using your same examples, so you see Bama slapping an elephant on their helmet? Auburn a tree? UGA an “ATH?”

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Dicks has some decent sales going on right now for Black Friday.
Polo is more than half off, and the hoodie is under $40. Grabbing both this AM.

1605790957199.png

1605790986756.png

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I got both. The polo is suppose to be a tier down but the quality, fit and embroidered GT is A1. The hoodie is comfortable and good quality
The polo is a weird fit for me. Especially with the sleeves. Extremely tight in the arms for me. I’ve had both since last year, and the hoodie is one of my favorites in terms of comfort.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
Dicks has some decent sales going on right now for Black Friday.
Polo is more than half off, and the hoodie is under $40. Grabbing both this AM.

View attachment 9473

View attachment 9474
I pulled the trigger on the hoodie. I think it’s the first piece of Adidas GT merch I’ll have, but I’m moving from FL to TX - not a lot of need for hoodies in central FL

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I pulled the trigger on the hoodie. I think it’s the first piece of Adidas GT merch I’ll have, but I’m moving from FL to TX - not a lot of need for hoodies in central FL
I like it. Fits well too. My only complaint and it’s just a preference thing, is the front pocket isn’t the standard pouch. It’s made internally. Other than that, I like it a lot.

THWG

Helluva Engineer