2020 Adidas Swag Thread

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'd be surprised if the bookstore has them, they certainly aren't online at bookstore site.
I just went thru the ordering process on fantastics. They have multiple shipping options. I want this but in the “authentic”
I might order this one and return it if that one comes available. Yes I’ll be that guy wearing it with the tags still on it Saturday at my Halloween/Michigan Michigan State party lol

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
You grab them from the bookstore or fanatics?
Fanatics. Interesting note...in discussion with one of my contacts at our bookstore this morning, I was told that they (GT Barnes and Noble) were told that there wasn’t going to be a retail black watch jersey for sale this year. And they directed me to Fanatics, which I already knew about.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Fanatics. Interesting note...in discussion with one of my contacts at our bookstore this morning, I was told that they (GT Barnes and Noble) were told that there wasn’t going to be a retail black watch jersey for sale this year. And they directed me to Fanatics, which I already knew about.
Here’s what was said by my GT bookstore contact.

Adidas had informed us that those would not be available for retail sale, but it does look as if Fanatics has a replica version available for sale on their website.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Here’s what was said by my GT bookstore contact.

Adidas had informed us that those would not be available for retail sale, but it does look as if Fanatics has a replica version available for sale on their website.
Gotta love Adidas lol

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Was so looking forward to getting my new GT "lite" running hat from Fanatics, but Fedex appears to have lost it. It has shown scanned in at their Memphis processing center since last Friday (no further movement). Ordered on 10/16, and I can't ask for a replacement or refund until 10/29, because they shipped it Fedex SmartPost. During this pandemic, we have ordered a LOT of stuff, and this is the first time we have had any issue with shipping.

Milwaukee

Banned
Was so looking forward to getting my new GT "lite" running hat from Fanatics, but Fedex appears to have lost it. It has shown scanned in at their Memphis processing center since last Friday (no further movement). Ordered on 10/16, and I can't ask for a replacement or refund until 10/29, because they shipped it Fedex SmartPost. During this pandemic, we have ordered a LOT of stuff, and this is the first time we have had any issue with shipping.
Similar situation myself: shipped an item to a friend in Memphis on Thursday 10/15 tracking to deliver on Monday the 19th. It arrived at one of their processing centers in Memphis on the 19th and it’s been sitting there for 8 days now with no movement. Frustrating.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
marc gasol power walk GIF by Memphis Grizzlies

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
FedEx is working on building a lot more facilities due to this. Because of the pandemic they have shifted their focus way from huge Hub locations to smaller satellite locations. Think instead of 125k packages a day its like 40k packages.

The pandemic has forever changed the way companies are doing business. We had several ups and fedex projects stop being bid because they canceled the larger facilities.

Hubs for fedex and UPS are for longer distance shipping. Satellites are for more consumer shipping. Since most retail offer more local warehouses across the country the parcel companies need more local facilities. Think orders from target, walmart, best buy, fanatics, clothing, electronics, smaller items.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Similar situation myself: shipped an item to a friend in Memphis on Thursday 10/15 tracking to deliver on Monday the 19th. It arrived at one of their processing centers in Memphis on the 19th and it’s been sitting there for 8 days now with no movement. Frustrating.
Luckily that's not one of my sorters! Haha.
Probably got lost on one of the wrong lines from an overnight sortation. They are still very labor dependent on breaking up package jams. Smaller items say the sleeves or smaller boxes tend to sometimes get pushed down a dead line and until a worker comes across it they will sit there. That or it was straight up damaged and tossed from breaking the jam. 9/10 if it is damaged pretty badly or the box/sleeve was damaged they just toss it and says it was lost instead of repacking it.

I'd say the majority of the workers are minimum wage and really hate their jobs unloading trucks. They have to average a package every 2.4 seconds when unloading. They are timed on the unload. So high stress, and also means things are tossed on the gravity rollers quickly.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
FedEx is working on building a lot more facilities due to this. Because of the pandemic they have shifted their focus way from huge Hub locations to smaller satellite locations. Think instead of 125k packages a day its like 40k packages.

The pandemic has forever changed the way companies are doing business. We had several ups and fedex projects stop being bid because they canceled the larger facilities.

Hubs for fedex and UPS are for longer distance shipping. Satellites are for more consumer shipping. Since most retail offer more local warehouses across the country the parcel companies need more local facilities. Think orders from target, walmart, best buy, fanatics, clothing, electronics, smaller items.

Well, the good news is that they must have "found" my package - it finally moved late yesterday, and they changed the delivery from smartpost to ground, so I guess they realized it was late because of their screw up.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
So, I picked up the black jersey from Dicks (Norcross/Peachtree Corners store)--looks better in person than I thought it would. For some reason, the white jersey replicas bothered me, but in black I think it looks good. Got a $20 discount for joining Dicks membership thing, so only paid $55. Will be wearing it Saturday at the game!

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
This looks like some really low effort from Adidas. It's solid black with 2 generic stripes and block numbers. There's not even a GT logo anywhere on the jersey. It's cool to get these ready for the fans, but I'm not sure it's worth the price.