2020 Adidas Swag Thread

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think there is a rather large elephant in the room....

Is it possible that outside of this forum, most people purchase and prefer the navy colored clothing? We see it as die hards, which we are... we are on a forum daily for GT athletics. Is it possible the other 750k+ fans prefer the navy? Or at least a large portion of them? I'd be willing to bet the average age of person on this forum is over 45. While the average age of the people purchasing products are probably 40 and under.

I love the Gold stuff as much as anyone on here. But I do find that if I'm going out, I gravitate to a darker color to "flatter" my man lumps better than Gold/sand. Being a peach colored guy, gold doesn't necessarily make me look better 😂🤣. I love it for game day, and I would LOVE a gold jersey I'd wear it once a week haha. But I just tend to think their reasoning has some financial facts and just pure market research that navy is needed to carry the lighter colors of gold and white. Most people also tend to wear darker colors.

And ANOTHER reason for wanting our traditional "old gold" - since it is darker and hides the "lumps" a little better than the "sand" color. :D

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
And ANOTHER reason for wanting our traditional "old gold" - since it is darker and hides the "lumps" a little better than the "sand" color. :D
I agree 100%!!!! I've screamed this since we switched to this sand color. I look like a giant band-aid when wearing it 😂. To me this is the color to use.
Screenshot_20200917-121018_Chrome.jpg

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

Is it possible that outside of this forum, most people purchase and prefer the navy colored clothing? We see it as die hards, which we are... we are on a forum daily for GT athletics. Is it possible the other 750k+ fans prefer the navy? Or at least a large portion of them? I'd be willing to bet the average age of person on this forum is over 45. While the average age of the people purchasing products are probably 40 and under.

I love the Gold stuff as much as anyone on here. But I do find that if I'm going out, I gravitate to a darker color to "flatter" my man lumps better than Gold/sand. Being a peach colored guy, gold doesn't necessarily make me look better 😂🤣. I love it for game day, and I would LOVE a gold jersey I'd wear it once a week haha. But I just tend to think their reasoning has some financial facts and just pure market research that navy is needed to carry the lighter colors of gold and white. Most people also tend to wear darker colors.
My GT friends if we ever talk about this stuff always say they want more gold apparel especially for gameday and they definetely aren't die hards. Everyone is different tho. Look at Tennessee for example, you think everyone loves wearing that putrid creamsicle orange? of course not but they do because that IS Tennessee football. That easily could be how GT can be represented. If you see gold you know that is a GT fan and not a Georgia Southern fan or something else.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
My GT friends if we ever talk about this stuff always say they want more gold apparel especially for gameday and they definetely aren't die hards. Everyone is different tho. Look at Tennessee for example, you think everyone loves wearing that putrid creamsicle orange? of course not but they do because that IS Tennessee football. That easily could be how GT can be represented. If you see gold you know that is a GT fan and not a Georgia Southern fan or something else.
I agree. But we aren't Tennessee.... we more than likely will never have a fanbase like that. Not only that, but we live in a state dominated by uga sidewalk fans not GT. We aren't the dominant school in the state like Tennessee.

Orange is obnoxious enough that they are proud to be obnoxious. The gold kind of just blends.

If we wanted to be like the Tennessee fanbase we would have sparkling gold shirts that can be seen from miles. Otherwise when people see gold they will think Notre Dame. Or possibly USCw

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

I’ve also said that too, and have the conversations with sales reps and people higher in the apparel industry to back it up. As well as my own sales. We’ve beat that horse as well...navy is always a more popular color, in fact, it’s often THE most popular color for apparel across the board. It’s an easier color to wear, for reasons that you describe, as well as it just coordinating with more things. It’s also a very popular color for all age groups. And navy is a secondary color for our school, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility for us to use it.

I will add that as much as I love gold merch, and I have a crap ton of it (I’d put my collection up against anyone’s), it’s exclusively used for game days (football, basketball, baseball). I do not wear it daily, as it doesn’t fit with work attire or coordinate with much of anything. Daily GT wear is neutral colors...navy, white, or gray/charcoal.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I’ve also said that too, and have the conversations with sales reps and people higher in the apparel industry to back it up. As well as my own sales. We’ve beat that horse as well...navy is always a more popular color, in fact, it’s often THE most popular color for apparel across the board. It’s an easier color to wear, for reasons that you describe, as well as it just coordinating with more things. It’s also a very popular color for all age groups. And navy is a secondary color for our school, so it’s not out of the realm of possibility for us to use it.

I will add that as much as I love gold merch, and I have a crap ton of it (I’d put my collection up against anyone’s), it’s exclusively used for game days (football, basketball, baseball). I do not wear it daily, as it doesn’t fit with work attire or coordinate with much of anything. Daily GT wear is neutral colors...navy, white, or gray/charcoal.

Same here. Gold shoes are one thing, but I'm just not going to select a sand colored polo for work. Let alone white. I wear blue, dark green, black, and gray. Never wear red unless its Christmas time, and white is NOT my color. Lol

I agree. But we aren't Tennessee.... we more than likely will never have a fanbase like that. Not only that, but we live in a state dominated by uga sidewalk fans not GT. We aren't the dominant school in the state like Tennessee.

Orange is obnoxious enough that they are proud to be obnoxious. The gold kind of just blends.

If we wanted to be like the Tennessee fanbase we would have sparkling gold shirts that can be seen from miles. Otherwise when people see gold they will think Notre Dame. Or possibly USCw
You don't have to appear obnoxious simply by wearing school colors. Tenn fans may be obnoxious, but Clemson fans wear orange a lot in public, and I don't know any personally whom I would consider to be obnoxious.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Got in the "adidas Navy Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Sideline Coaches Mesh AEROREADY Adjustable Hat" from fanatics, and it seems pretty well made. Logo is centered and straight, bill is centered, stitching is complete without loose strings hanging off anywhere. Looks good, fits well and is comfortable. Despite my normal desire for white and gold Tech gear, I got my hat in blue. I have a white Tech hat already, but frankly I just don't look good in white hats, and there was no gold option.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Got in the "adidas Navy Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Sideline Coaches Mesh AEROREADY Adjustable Hat" from fanatics, and it seems pretty well made. Logo is centered and straight, bill is centered, stitching is complete without loose strings hanging off anywhere. Looks good, fits well and is comfortable. Despite my normal desire for white and gold Tech gear, I got my hat in blue. I have a white Tech hat already, but frankly I just don't look good in white hats, and there was no gold option.
What type of adjustment is it? Velcro, SnapBack, clamping buckle?

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Chris, I like what you said there.

Navy is a popular color and I do like it in apparel and in the stands. Except for "white out games".
On the football field Navy should remain a secondary color. No jerseys or pants. It should be used as an outline to ensure old gold and white pop.
Never wear black.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
It wasn’t a must buy for me. Thought it would be, but in person it wasn’t.
Same here. I drove down this morning to see it. I was hoping for a jacket-type pullover. This is more of a thin moisture wicking shirt. It was pretty easy to walk away from.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Same here. I drove down this morning to see it. I was hoping for a jacket-type pullover. This is more of a thin moisture wicking shirt. It was pretty easy to walk away from.
Don’t know that I would classify it as thin, it’s certainly not like a Creator shirt, it feels like sweatshirt density to me....