2020 ACC Football Season Update

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
ACC Football:
  • The season’s first games will take place the week of Sept. 7-12
  • The 2020 scheduling model includes 11 games (10 plus one: 10 conference and one non-conference)
  • All non-conference game opponents, selected by the respective school, must be played in the home state of the ACC institution, and all non-conference opponents must meet the medical protocol requirements as agreed upon by the ACC
  • The 11 games will be played over at least 13 weeks with each team having two open dates
  • There will be one division
  • Notre Dame will also play a 10-game conference schedule and be eligible to compete in the 2020 ACC Football Championship Game
  • All television revenue for the 2020 season, including Notre Dame’s home games broadcast by NBC, will be shared equally by all 15 institutions
  • The ACC Football Championship Game will be played on either December 12 or 19 at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina, and will feature the top two teams based upon highest conference-game winning percentage
  • All 15 teams will continue to be part of the ACC’s bowl selection process; should Notre Dame win the ACC Football Championship Game they would be eligible for the Orange Bowl, if not selected as a College Football Playoff semifinal team
  • The 2020 ACC Football week-by-week schedule and television selections will be released in the future

herb

Helluva Engineer
schedule.jpeg

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Tuff schedule for the Jackets. At least we skip UNC, but slide FSU in their place and add Louisville.
Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami, FSU, Louisville. Basically every team in the conference with any football clout.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
This is awesome news and an insane schedule lol. Go ahead and throw UGA in there. We have one of the hardest schedules in the country now.
We already had the 3rd hardest schedule in the country according to ESPN before this. The only negative IMO is we lose the easy tune up game, but it doesn’t look like anyone will have those this year. Otherwise, it’s not really any harder than it already was going to be. It’s brutal either way.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
In:
BC, Lville, FSU, NCST

Out:
UNC, UVA, VT, UCF, Gardner Webb.

Overall, we lose a Win in GW, and probably 1 win in the group of UNC, UVA, VT, and UCF.

Can we make-up 2 wins within BC, Lville, FSU and NCST? I think we have a chance at it. Overall not too bad for us.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Wins would come from...
Duke
Pitt
Louisville
BC
NC State
Cuse

If they are going to happen. Doubt we beat miami again in miami.
Clemson and ND are probably loses.
FSU is a who knows.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I see maybe 5 wins in that schedule ....... at this point I'd love to see them play with no fans.

Doubt we play it though. Let's see what happens with MLB. The good news there is only the Marlins have screwed up (but in a big way). https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ovid-19-coronavirus-mlb-postponed/5530872002/

The bad news is that the lesser controls on college students and contact with football is so much more that there is little reasonable expectation for football to be able to control the virus if it is still in the community. Unless of course we say screw it and kill Grandma.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Reports coming in that the SEC is close to an agreement on a 10 game conference only season which would not allow SEC teams to play their ACC rivals. If that happens, I wonder who our 11th game would be or would we even have one?

I am going to guess our OOC game is Georgia. No way we don't play that one. Other than Clemson, looks like UNC has the easiest path to be the number 2 team.