2020 ACC Baseball

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
I have been living on the phone with ESPN+ and ATT service reps. It still says I am not authorized. I will never sort out the mess they have told me to make with my passwords.
yep, AT&T told me I needed ACCN. ESPN+ rep told me I needed ACCN. Friend told me I didn't.

Got the ESPN app on the TV. Joined ESPN+ $50/year and BOOM!
Got all the games I wanted to watch without the monthly ACCN fee.
Nice to have games on Demand too, so it's like a DVR but all the games I have access to on ESPN+.

Hate the jumpy video and that the GT games don't have Pitch speed and count. That's BS. Most of the others do. That would be wonderful.
It's nice that GT games have multiple cameras and angles. Some of the others (UNC Game) were just 1 camera. Shocked at that the UVA cameras weren't better, knowing that facility.
Happy as hell with ESPN+ and all the choices! Just picky and needy for Pitch Speed at Russ!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
yep, AT&T told me I needed ACCN. ESPN+ rep told me I needed ACCN. Friend told me I didn't.

Nice to have games on Demand too, so it's like a DVR but all the games I have access to on ESPN+.

Hate the jumpy video and that the GT games don't have Pitch speed and count. That's BS. Most of the others do. That would be wonderful.
It's nice that GT games have multiple cameras and angles. Some of the others (UNC Game) were just 1 camera. Shocked at that the UVA cameras weren't better, knowing that facility.
Happy as hell with ESPN+ and all the choices! Just picky and needy for Pitch Speed at Russ!

Pitch count and speed are reportedly on the Rusty C scoreboard.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

You can probably expect every possible combo as you described for some Tech games too.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
Miami & Florida went to extras twice. If the Miami had to lose both games, that is probably the best case scenario in regards to our strength of schedule.

#18 Wake already lost the series at Long Beach State and needs to salvage a game to avoid the sweep. UVA needs to take the game against Bucknell to avoid a rare 4 game series split. #22 UNC has a rubber match today vs Dallas Baptist. VT can salvage a series today against the Rajin Cajuns after a bad start to the season.

Everything else has gone more or less as expected. In general, the fringe ACC teams appear to be starting slow.

It may be really important to take care of business against the top teams to make the best case for the season. NC State, FSU, Miami... UGA.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Miami got swept at home, 1 run game going into the 9th. Interesting to see how the rankings will change... the whole series felt like a 1 vs 2 should.
I don't think I put near as much stock in rankings (based on some "voters") as most folks do. In fact, I mentioned before the Miami/Florida series how convenient it seemed they were #1/#2 in same week they match up.

That said... I think Miami slides out of top 5 despite how close the games were because they were swept at home.

Also... Ga Tech will get a big bump with their sweep of OSU..... for same reason I claimed above...their upcoming weekend series.

Ga Tech (6-1) v UGA (7-1) next weekend. I predict D1 has UGA at #3 & Ga Tech somewhere #11-#14.

All the "rankings" work themselves out by end of a 50+ game schedule x 300 teams... and RPI calculations have pretty good meaning for comparison sake.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Pitch count and speed are reportedly on the Rusty C scoreboard.
Doesn't help those of us on our phones or TV app to watch the game.
Clemson had pitch speeds, UNC had speeds, UGa had speeds. Miami/FL had speeds.

Glad I was able to watch all 3 and just nitpicking the speeds, but the Radio guys gave the pitch speeds more than the TV announcers.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Mississippi State loses series to Oregon State and stays top 5?
Louisville Loses series to Ole Miss and stays top 10.
GT sweeps former Big 10 Champs Ohio State and doesn't make it into top 25? Would love to understand their algorithm....

65Jacket

GT Athlete
At long last I have ACCN Extra on my ESPN account. I got on Chat, and a different agent fixed the problem in 10 minutes with a "password sync."

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Lunacy

Polls are silly. UNC loses Series to DBU at home and stays top 25? Auburn loses 3 and stays top 25? GT loses 1 but then sweeps Ohio State (defending Big 10 Champs) and is not in the top 25???

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
It’s strange b/c we’re coming off a year getting the 3 seed and a Top 5 recruiting class. We lost a fair amount of production both with arms and bats, but you wouldn’t think that drops you 20+ spots given where you started and the replacement pieces you brought in.

Lunacy is a good word for Auburn staying above us after getting swept by an unranked team at home.