2020-21 Season Preview from CJP

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If he doesn't get in this season I think it would be time to move on from him. Hes had enough chances
Will depend upon our finances and how much buyout is left. He's operating without an additional extension currently, so I think it's 2 years of buyouts at less than full rate.

That said, not convinced we can afford that in the COVID world.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Will depend upon our finances and how much buyout is left. He's operating without an additional extension currently, so I think it's 2 years of buyouts at less than full rate.

That said, not convinced we can afford that in the COVID world.
We could actually avoid all of this and I hope he is able to. Most wouldnt agree with me, but the ones who get it will.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I don't want us to go into the next coaching search unless we have a strong offer to make to top realistic options. The last two times we've gone after a coach it felt like we were playing 7-2 off suit and hoping to hit trips. Perhaps things will just go to hell completely and force the issue, but with us having just spent a good bit on the football coaching situation and the liklihood of lost revenue this year due to covid, regardless of the specifics of how things play out, I don't really want to see us going into the market this year.

Now that's not to say Pastner is completely safe. I would imagine a weak year, or likely it's already started, feelers would be put out by Stansbury and perhaps there would be someone who really wants it. Even if not, I would assume he would be setting the stage to make a move in the next year, reaching out to donors, creating a more extensive list, etc. It wouldn't be the first time that a decision to change coaches was made one year, but actually done the following.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think this season will be very stable as far as coaching changes. The $ losses and potential interruptions in every sport, will make AD's reluctant to go out looking for another issue to deal with.